+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

FORT Fan
    I'm rooting for him too. I'm not going to second guess whether this will be a better career move for him or not. He's in this contest so I'm assuming he really wants to win it and so I hope he does. Thanks

I haven't heard it. Has anyone heard Marty's Suicide Blonde ? Any good ?

I just hav eto say that the more I see this guy, the more attractive he becomes. While I had been liking MiG, I am beginning to find him more forced rocker and Marty the Raw and Real Deal. Gotta love him!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGills
    I surmised the clinic was more to see how well they individuals played with others than how well they could put together a song in such an abreviated period of time.
    I think I understand your point, and it is a popular one. But I still think it was just a farce. The band is not second-grade teachers. For the people experience enough and talented enough for this audition, the time has long passed for lessons in "teamwork" and "compatibility". I think the OBINXS is being suckered in to these lame story plots by the producers, but I don't believe that "teamwork" is the bands' #1 priority, at all! There are an INFINITE number of team players -- a dime a dozen. That's not what this show is about. The politically correct lessons are just a ruse, to retain the show's bread-basket viewing audience.

The "lesson" about playing well with others was featured by Burnett so people would end the evening with a positive feeling about the band (thus, about the show) and would tune in next week.

If you read between the lines, you see that the "bad" guy -- the guy who "failed" at the lesson -- has been allowed to sing his song 4 times. Meanwhile, the other two songs in that lesson have never been heard from again.

If the band's true intention was to teach the contestants a lesson, they never would've allowed so many repetitions of the violating song.

So, I guess people can take from it whatever lesson they want, but the reality is that the band rewards musical strength, not kindergarten lessons in "getting along". Our Band is not a parent to these contestants. The band is just seeking a great talent.

And the reality is, if anyone learned a lesson I think it was OB.

I'm really not sure why he's doing this show, he is already on his way to success in his own right.
    The story just doesn't add up. Nobody climbs that long and rises to within sight of that height... and then just abandons his crew of umpteen-years for a band that was uber-hot 2 decades ago.

Why haven't we heard anything from his band members? Have they dis-banded? The silence is deafening. They were in the midst of a meteoric rise, and then what?... implosion?

FORT Regular
    Marty's band still supports him. They attended at least one taping. I heard that when Suzie jumped into the audience, it was Marty's band that caught her.

Marty singing suicide blond is here (starts with JD singing, then Marty, then Mig, the house band is there too): http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...G22OU0GFV9DQXF

Lovehammers' site: http://www.lovehammers.com/

On their Web site, the Lovehammers promote and host a Marty Party every Tuesday and invite everyone to [a local spot] to cheer on Marty. I'd say the karma's all good and their just hoping the best for one of their mates. Could be they're all just really great people. I get the sense that Marty is. Decent, honest, smart, kind, yummy. Perfect.

Go Marty

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    If you read between the lines, you see that the "bad" guy -- the guy who "failed" at the lesson -- has been allowed to sing his song 4 times. Meanwhile, the other two songs in that lesson have never been heard from again.
    It seemed like a Phyrric victory for Ty's team from the beginning. The won the battle but lost the war. Ty didn't show good songwriting skills which is important to everyone. JD (& Jordis) showed he is somewhat difficult to work with due to strong opinions and a desire to do well. Since JD already had that reputation it wasn't such a big deal and he proved himself to be a good songwriter. Marty didn't show great leadership skill with dealing with difficult people but that's not part of the job description so I don't think it hurt him in the long run.

On their Web site, the Lovehammers promote and host a Marty Party every Tuesday and invite everyone to [a local spot] to cheer on Marty. I'd say the karma's all good and their just hoping the best for one of their mates. Could be they're all just really great people. I get the sense that Marty is. Decent, honest, smart, kind, yummy. Perfect.
    There seems to be a strong belief from people who (say they) know Marty that he will only stick with the gig for one year. If I was in INXS I'd be looking for long term. Difficult choice Marty is so popular but might not stick around. JD says he'll stick around (my guess he pushes that because it's his advantage over Marty) but he might be difficult to work with - they might not last because they don't want him anymore.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAndyPuppy
    That is debatable. Michael Hutchence was the lyricist, Andrew was the music and has been filling Michael~s role. I actually suspect that he might be partially relieved to have another strong lyricist in the band.
    I rather like all three of the final three guys, different as they are. But does anybody actually think that *any* of them has shown himself to be a strong lyricist at this point? To me, the lyrics of Trees are horrible, and Pretty Vegas and Mig's song are only marginally better, in my opinion. Mig's way too wordy -- but he might be able to get over that with assistance; a lot of lyricists do start that way and learn to get past it. And while I think Pretty Vegas is the best of the three songs lyrically, I still don't think it's much to write home about....

+ Reply to Thread