+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

That's a really great point, GrumpyGills. I think Marty (and JD) both showed more of their true colors there.
    Last edited by ADKLove; 09-14-2005 at 08:29 PM.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Regular
    OK, I'm rooting for Mig to win; I think it would work out best for all concerned. But I find myself most interested in seeing Marty and the Lovehammers live!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by jjj5
    OK, I'm rooting for Mig to win; I think it would work out best for all concerned. But I find myself most interested in seeing Marty and the Lovehammers live!
    Marty wins either way. I'd prefer seeing him lose so he won't have to compromise his voice and style for the sake of placating OB.

The worst case scenario is Marty winning and then INXS flopping. The momentum from his new found popularity would take a hit.

His work on the Lovehammers "Murder On My Mind is more impressive than anything I've seen on Rock Star INXS, and that's a CD from 2003. More Foo Fighterish than Nirvana.

NEXT TUESDAY !!! The final "Marty Party" in Chicago at Joe's.

*that's me in the red......

FORT Regular
    If Marty ends up not winning next week, he should tour with his band right away - come to the East coast!

This was excellent international exposure for Marty. His band was already doing very well, this is a win-win situation for him. But, he does show he wants it. His face is so expressive when they do the torture routine you can see it all right there. Makes me want to give him a hug. A nice loooong hug.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGills
    This was excellent international exposure for Marty. His band was already doing very well, this is a win-win situation for him. But, he does show he wants it. His face is so expressive when they do the torture routine you can see it all right there. Makes me want to give him a hug. A nice loooong hug.
    I noticed that he looked very nervous during the elimination also. It's not fair - Brooke gets to give him all the hugs... Was so glad that Mig made bottom three - my husband and I were going to boycott if Marty got it instead.

I wonder if his bandmates from the Lovehammers are pulling for him? They probably want to support him in this, but I imagine they don't want to lose their lead singer.

If Marty doesn't get the prize he sure has gained many fans - I need to check out his Lovehammer's music. If it sounds like the Foo Fighters, it must rock!

Me too on the hugs - I was sooo jealous of Suzie's good luck kisses from all the guys before her interview. I think Marty was really smart to lay it on the line about what he expects from the future with INXS. He doesn't want the job if they expect him to do all the bending. It's obvious from the way he's interacted before and changed himself based on their criticism that he does bend.

I was so happy he got the encore because I think it's really important to him that people like 'Trees' (his baby). He doesn't know how well he's doing on the downloads.

I was torn about whether I cared if he was in the bottom 3 or not because if he was then I could have seen him sing more but if he wasn't he'd be happy and I wouldn't have any worries about him going home.

It's all good!

Quote Originally Posted by especialk
    I noticed that he looked very nervous during the elimination also. It's not fair - Brooke gets to give him all the hugs...
    Now that you mention that, has anyone else noticed how Brooke seems to give Marty the biggest hugs? I still remember that big hug they exchanged when he was called into the Bottom 3 a few weeks ago.

Okay, I just have to say it...

I was a SERIOUS Anne Rice fan 15 years ago, and remember how the fans were SOOOooo- upset that Tom Cruise was playing the Vampire Lestat.

The first time I saw Marty I thought that he looks like a perfect Vampire Lestst, and I can't get it out of my head when I see him. He just needs some fangs! (Wouldn't he look Great with fangs?)

It's weird to be thinking about the vampire stuff after so long...

Marty showed his (lack of) confrontational nature when JD chose to not participate in the song writing clinic which Marty was the lead. This illustrated that while Marty did have a clear idea of what he wants he does not have a pushy nature. His approached showed that he expected everyone to be working with the same agenda. JD showed the opposite in that clinic.
    On the other hand, it could show that JD has high expectations and wasn't willing to risk his shot at a career by singing a worthless lyric, while Marty was oh-so-willing to help manufacture a piece of crap and call it beautiful as long as it gets him "in" better with the girl he's attracted to (Jordis). Let's face it, the song sucked. Marty was the leader, and he either didn't recognize a good song, or he was refusing to use it based on principle. How many times have you had a supervisor who wouldn't accept a quality idea because he is stubbornly pursuing something inferior? At least JD could recognize it was crap.

Dave Navarro stated clearly that JD's song was superior. And INXS has OBVIOUSLY agreed. Notice there has been NO mention by Our Band of anyone singing the other two songs. Those songs are long buried.

I think the reward INXS has given to JD far outweighs any supposed teamwork "lesson". The fact is that rock stars want hits. If you work as a team but your songs suck, then your band sucks. If you don't work as a team but your songs are worldwide hits, then so be it. OBINXS is seeking hits. Unless they are daft, they want a fronter who has good musical sensibilities.

God only knows what Marty was seeking. Like I said before, I think it was related to Jordis.

No matter who wins, JD is going to get a single out of this event. Smart move, to not sing the crap. Sometimes you have to go the extra mile to attain success. JD wasn't underhanded about it... he was very up front and he didn't deny his team the chance to do something better. They just couldn't see it.

Maybe Marty has too many "trees" in his view, keeping him from seeing the proverbial forest?
    Last edited by fireflyer; 09-16-2005 at 02:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread