+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by paulvons
    I'm a Marty-Suzie fan but I'm affraid I might be alone. Thanks
    You're definitely not alone. Love Suzie, but wouldn't be mad if Marty won.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    15mb mov file of the Lovehammers

Too good for INXSux

Squatman, thanks for sharing! Seems like Marty drew quite a crowd.

After seeing that video, I'm even more confused as to why Marty wants to sing with INXS, because their music is nothing like his.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Here is the Sept 1 entry from Andrew Farriss' blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Farris
    Obviously having written for many years with Michael, the two of us found a very organic, simple, songwriting partnership that it was really based out of friendship since highschool. But what I'm doing now is taking into account the skills that I learned from working with Michael and my own song writing and then try to apply those skills with other very talented song writers whilse keeping in mind what would be good for INXS. There is the need to come up with the right balance between moving forward, embracing new ideas, and keeping true to what INXS has been about lyrically and musically and try to come up with something that we feel people would really get off on.

Stylistically , I've been going in all sorts of directions. At the moment I've written everything from ballads to hip-hop/reggae-hop to rock-hop to straight rock. There's some funk stuff, some INXS style riffs and lyrically I'm trying to stay true to - not only my own lyrical ideas - but my co-writers ideas as well. The songs are a combination of being about the world, some are silly, some crazy, some are sexy. I'm not sure how to describe them. But they're moving forward!
    I wonder, is Marty comfortable with that? I'm sure he'd have fun... but he may be disappointed, as he probably won't actually get to WRITE anything for the new album which is due out in November.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Wow, in less than 2 months the NEW INXS ALBUM will be out? And yet, they haven't even picked the person singing the album? Let alone give that person a chance to rehearse.

I'm sorry but if recording an album is so easy that it takes under 2 months to learn, practice, & record it, then I'm in the wroooong business. Can't believe I am wasting away at work every day, when I could just spend 2 months and get a million dollars. Life sucks!

Don't forget that INXS has been in the studio for some time now, laying down tracks of music. And it probably has taken them a while with the writing and composing. But for Marty/MiG/Suzie/JD, they shouldn't need more than a month or so to learn a dozen or so songs and sing the vocals.

I was just going to say the same thing. The album is probably pretty well finished, aside from vocals. From what I understand from dh (who has a music recording degree), adding the vocals is pretty simple.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jjj5
    Has anyone else noticed that there are a noticeable number of Jordis-Marty, Mig-Marty, and even JD-Marty fans out there? I myself am Mig-Marty fan. Mig is my fave but I'm voting for both and wouldn't be horribly upset if Marty won and would buy their new music, etc.
    I am a JD-Marty woman
    I just went back and watched Marty's first performance again and it reminded me why I have liked him from the beginning!! Even when he is the "angry conductor" there is something about him that makes me want to watch him However, I am sticking with my position that JD should front OB:I. I want to hear more of Marty, but with his own band - I think he would be "diluted" too much as part of OB:I. Maybe he can hook up with the house band after the show is over....

Quote Originally Posted by jjj5
    Has anyone else noticed that there are a noticeable number of Jordis-Marty, Mig-Marty, and even JD-Marty fans out there? I myself am Mig-Marty fan. Mig is my fave but I'm voting for both and wouldn't be horribly upset if Marty won and would buy their new music, etc.
    I like everyone and love Marty! JD and Suzie are above MiG but I still think MiG is talented and good looking.

It's funny, looking at MSN's music downloads. Marty is leading the charge, and almost ALL his performances are in the top 20 downloads. The only performance that isn't in the top 20 is What I Like About You from Week 2.

Jordis has 5 (Man Who Sold The World, Imagine, Try Not, Knocking On Heaven's Door, and Heart Shaped Box).

Suzie has 2 (Bohemian Rhapsody and Soul Life).

JD has 1 (Pretty Vegas, currently at #2).

Mig has 1 (Baby I Love Your Way).

I wonder if INXS is paying attention to this data? This is the purchasing public.

+ Reply to Thread