+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jordis

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i dloaded Bowie's version the other day- and then googled the meaning of the man who sold the world... http://www.teenagewildlife.com/Inter...JG/TMWSTW.html
    holy cripes- what a deep song! a truly amazing song!
    I'm loving Jordis' version though- she seemed to break down in parts- but overall she did the song justice

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    i dloaded Bowie's version the other day- and then googled the meaning of the man who sold the world... http://www.teenagewildlife.com/Inter...JG/TMWSTW.html
    holy cripes- what a deep song! a truly amazing song!
    I'm loving Jordis' version though- she seemed to break down in parts- but overall she did the song justice

I read the meaning of the song...do I know what the hell all that meant? Nope...don't have a clue.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

giz
    Same here. Not what I got out of it at all. All I have to say is, boy was the acid strong in when that song was written (if what that writer says about the meaning is true).

In Jordis' rendition it came across more as - 2 people make a connection, lose touch, experience much pain, survive. Which I think I like a whole lot more than trip to theosophy land. But if you can deal with the esoteric without your brain imploding, more power to you (my brain's way too lazy to dwell on the astral plain, where there is no cable).

thanks for posting the link, Quinn, it was interesting.

I hope Jordis WINS!!!

I heard that Mark Burenet has a contract with Epic Records and he can sign anybody that doesn't win that he thinks is talented. If Jordis doesn't win he will definaletly sign her a contract!

Quote Originally Posted by swim4life107
    I heard that Mark Burenet has a contract with Epic Records and he can sign anybody that doesn't win that he thinks is talented.
    That is good to know. So even if you dont get the big gig with INXS, you are promoting yourself and showcasing your talents. Who knows where this show will lead for many of them?
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

With the exception of Jordis we will never hear of them again. Inxs unless they pick Jordis, their records will probably flop big time.

Inxs unless they pick Jordis, their records will probably flop big time.
    I doubt that, INXS has done pretty well for the past 20 years without Jordis. And I say that liking her a lot.

I think a lot of these people are very talented and I wouldn't be surprised if we do hear from some of them again.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I agree. I think many of these performers have showcased REAL talent!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

With the exception of Jordis we will never hear of them again. Inxs unless they pick Jordis, their records will probably flop big time.
    Well...I seriously disagree. Jordis is indeed a good singer, but she is young and her soulful soul is simply NOT what INXS will choose or even should choose in the end. INXS albums have always sold well (even the tragic Full Moon, Dirty Hearts) and will probably continue to do so with whoever they select as their lead singer.

Mark my words, despite talent it's not going to be Jordis. I'm betting Marty or MiG will be standing in the end even if Brandon is my sentimental favorite;

+ Reply to Thread