+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jordis

I really like Jordis.
    I don't know that she's the right fit for this band, but she definitely has a fantastic voice.

I think had JD indicated he was going to work the audience, the audience would have been prepped. Jordis had planned to use audience, so they were prepped.

She has a fantastic voice and a vulnerable presence that enhances her performance. I hope something good comes out of this show for her, if not the band, then something else.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I really like Jordis.
    I don't know that she's the right fit for this band, but she definitely has a fantastic voice.
    They should have a Tuesday night episode where everyone sings an INXS song. I would like to hear the good singers sing them- not my least favorite ones
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fan
    I'm not sure that Jordis is right for INXS... but the one thing I'm certain of... she's has a beautiful voice and out of all the singers, she's got the best vocals.

She was awesome last night. The best she's sounded so far. I got chills.

TCW
    Wow... flipping through the channels and heard this woman sing. No way is she right for INXS, but after that performance someone better sign her.

I didn't hear the breaking at the end. That's just how she was singing it. She needs more experience to sustain a performance like that where she starts it hard, and ends it just as hard. But for raw talent, she's got it.

I also got chills.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    They should have a Tuesday night episode where everyone sings an INXS song. I would like to hear the good singers sing them- not my least favorite ones
    I agree and I'm hoping they do one soon rather than just waiting for the finals. I think some of the contestants are doing well because they are picking songs that fit their voices but that in fact their singing ability is more limited than we've heard so far. E.g. Elegantly Wasted requires a voice with a wide vocal range. Jessica proved she could sing it but I strongly suspect Marty and J.D. can't.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I really like Jordis.
    I totally agree on this.

She has a fantastic voice, great talent, great charisma, great stage performance, even if she stands there..she feels the song. but i am still having doubts if she actually fits to INXS...

people are loving her because of HER, and I dont think many realize what happens if she actually wins and be inside INXS?

She needs a ahir cut! Whats with that hair, it looks like a lions! Except dredded and dyed

FORT Fan
    I think her hair is cool Wouldn't want to be the one taking care of it though

giz
    I just listened to Bowie's version, and I love David Bowie, I truly do, but I prefer Jordis (and Nirvana). Bowie's version is not as heartfelt and the guitar is muddy sounding. The acoustic has much more clarity which suits the song better. Great melody though. I'd love to get a recording of Jordis doing it.

+ Reply to Thread