+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 133

Thread: Jordis

  1. #61
    FORT Newbie noni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6
    Wow, since the first performance, I had my eye on her... I think she will be in the finals definately! for sure!
    Yay..my first post!

  2. #62
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Not only had Jordis planned it, but we in the crowd were prepped well before she even came out on stage.

    We were told that someone (we weren't told who) would be singing Gimme Some Lovin' and that we were to respond with "gimme, gimme some lovin'" at the appropriate points. They did a number of trial runs with the crowd, got different sections of the audience to try and out-sing one another, etc. Had they not done that, I doubt that Jordis would've been able to "work the crowd" as successfully as she appeared to.
    Ah very interesting. No wonder J.D.'s attempt to get the crowd to sing sucked so badly compared to Jordis. Did the contestants see/hear you guys practicing that?

  3. #63
    aka LAXguy LAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy
    Ah very interesting. No wonder J.D.'s attempt to get the crowd to sing sucked so badly compared to Jordis. Did the contestants see/hear you guys practicing that?
    I doubt it, although I don't know for sure. I don't know where they were at when we were being given our "rehearsal", but they weren't out on their couches in the bullpen. It was 10 minutes or so before they came out, so they may not have even been in the building.

    And you make a good point about J.D. It's something I've thought about since it happened. If he didn't know that we were prepped, then he saw what he believed to be an impromptu audience response during Jordis' performance, and may have believed he could evoke the same thing. (He had, after all, successfully gotten us to stand with our hands in the air, waving peace signs, the week before during Hand in My Pocket.) And We are the Champions is a good "audience participation" song. But because we hadn't been prepped to anticipate it, when he suddenly pointed the mic at us, it took us off guard and he got minimal response.

    All of which makes me wonder why Jordis got the pre-show prepping (even though we weren't told it would be her singing), yet J.D. didn't.

  4. #64
    FORT Fogey JonasGrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    886
    I don't know what the hype is all about with Jordis but she seems forced to me in her stage presence. Like she's trying a little too hard. I wanna hear her sing "Alone" by Heart, maybe she can do better than Carrie. However, INXS will never pick a woman to front them, let alone, a 22yo.

  5. #65
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    234
    I wonder if the reason the crowd wasn't prepped for JD is because it was more spontaneous for him? They showed in rehearsal that she planned this pretty much from the beginning.

    Anyway, I think JD was trying for the participation to cover up the fact that he couldn't sing the vocals!

    And ... Noni!

  6. #66
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    And you make a good point about J.D. It's something I've thought about since it happened. If he didn't know that we were prepped, then he saw what he believed to be an impromptu audience response during Jordis' performance, and may have believed he could evoke the same thing.
    Yeah exactly. It feels like J.D.'s trying too hard to win which is causing him to make rash decisions. If he wasn't so competitive he might not have tried to copy what Jordis did. Hopefully he'll calm down a bit next week and let his talent do the talking for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    All of which makes me wonder why Jordis got the pre-show prepping (even though we weren't told it would be her singing), yet J.D. didn't.
    That would suggest that either the producers are playing favorites or J.D.'s thing was in fact spur of the moment and the producers would've prepped you guys if they had known in advance.

  7. #67
    aka LAXguy LAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy
    That would suggest that either the producers are playing favorites or J.D.'s thing was in fact spur of the moment and the producers would've prepped you guys if they had known in advance.
    Favortism is precisely what I'm wondering about.

    And even if you set the whole J.D. business aside, I still wonder why -- after having prepped us in the first place -- they then gave Jordis props for "working the crowd". She was given credit for something that really wasn't her doing, as I doubt that she would've received anywhere near the participation she did without the audience's "rehearsal".

  8. #68
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    St. Paul
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6
    Oh my God, you have got to be kiddin me. OF COURSE IT WAS PLANNED. That's what you do when yer in a band. You plan out what you want to do for a certain song and then you do it. Jebus Crust people it's not rocket science. You say i want to do this for the beginning of the song, then this for the middle, this for the end. Blah, blah, blah. If you want to give a good performance there has to be some things that are planned out. Just the way it is.
    Good morning hangover. How have you been. Oh and the band I'm in that played with here was Leroy Smokes. Not her band but we played with the tongs several times. She even accompanied us to Kentucky for the finals of this "battle" of the bands for Gillians. God was that an awful room. A little hint, if you want to win a "battle of the bands" just bring as many people as you can. Say like 2 bus loads of people. That will ensure your victory. Most of those things are based on crowd response. Ha-lame.

    Make it funky,
    Hashbrown

  9. #69
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    206
    I just listened to David Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World, and OMG, Jordis' rendition of this song yesterday was so good that it seemed better than the original. Bowie's version had an electronic/Ziggy Stardust feel to it, and Jordis' version sounded more like a ballad. Her version was so heartfelt that it gave me chills, and all of the INXS members agreed too. I think she might be asked for an encore today. Jordis is so talented at age 22! For a change, maybe INXS should consider a frontwoman instead of a frontman.

  10. #70
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    I just listened to David Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World, and OMG, Jordis' rendition of this song yesterday was so good that it seemed better than the original. Bowie's version had an electronic/Ziggy Stardust feel to it, and Jordis' version sounded more like a ballad. Her version was so heartfelt that it gave me chills, and all of the INXS members agreed too. I think she might be asked for an encore today. Jordis is so talented at age 22! For a change, maybe INXS should consider a frontwoman instead of a frontman.
    I agree that I think she sounded better than Bowie's original, but no where near as good as Nirvana's cover. She got too shakey at the end; maybe she was tearing up, but when I went to an INXS show (like 1000 years ago) tearing up was not on the agenda. That being said, I think she's a great performer, but doesn't fit this band.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.