+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jordis

aly
    I absolutely LOVE Jordis. Yes, I am a straight female, but I am obsessed with the girl!!! She has an incredible presence about her. I love her voice. She seems to have fun and not join in the drama-queen antics like some of the others do. She's just so .... cool!

I think she has amazing style without even trying for it - and that is the best type of style in my opinion. Her hair alone gives her enough of an individual style, so she completely pulls off just wearing plain black clothes. All the other females are forced to completely sex themselves up. Jordis has natural sex appeal without even having to show skin.

I see what some of you are saying about her smiles and arm waves. I think it is cute, but doesn't fit in with the songs she's doing. I think that could be easily fixed though. She is young and still figuring some things out.

I LOVE HER!!!!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashbrown
    What? She was one of the only people that did move around.
    She moves around but like most of the other contestants only uses the middle part of the stage. Only some of them like J.D., Jessica, Suzie, Marty and Neal (when he was still around) interact with the audience members that aren't clustered around the middle catwalk.

FORT Newbie

Again

Again, she was one of the few that did interact with the crowd. The whole first thirty seconds of the song she did was crowd particitipation. I guess I'm biased because I've performed with her before. Yeah, that's pretty much it. I just think she's the ish and I wish her all that there is to wish. And....

Make it funky,
    Hashbrown

"Crowd participation" is more like it. She'd had it all planned prior to the performance. That robotic delivery was VERY APPARENT. Now, with that said, I think she's average when it come to performance. Her voice is excellent (though I fail to see how it's right for INXS) but there are people who engage the crowd much moreso than Jordis. 'Tis really that simple.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by narcisse
    "Crowd participation" is more like it. She'd had it all planned prior to the performance. That robotic delivery was VERY APPARENT.
    Yes she had it planned out, they showed that during her rehearsal in Monday's show.

Exactly. I'd really respect it a little more if it were natural and not so systematic. Then again, like I said she does have a good voice.

hey hashbrown - are you in the band she is in here in the Twin Cities? sorry, can't remember the name of it . . . when have you performed with her and where?
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy
    Yes she had it planned out, they showed that during her rehearsal in Monday's show.
    That doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't feel staged. Unfortunately, I missed her performance, so I can't comment on how it came across.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by narcisse
    "Crowd participation" is more like it. She'd had it all planned prior to the performance.
    Not only had Jordis planned it, but we in the crowd were prepped well before she even came out on stage.

We were told that someone (we weren't told who) would be singing Gimme Some Lovin' and that we were to respond with "gimme, gimme some lovin'" at the appropriate points. They did a number of trial runs with the crowd, got different sections of the audience to try and out-sing one another, etc. Had they not done that, I doubt that Jordis would've been able to "work the crowd" as successfully as she appeared to.

Wow, LAGuy, that's interesting. I wonder if any contestant would get the same opportunity. I adore Jordis, but prepping the audience ahead of time doesn't seem fair.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread