+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jordis

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I think people misunderstand Imagine as the lyrics could be taken as (in parts) somewhat light and beauty contestant hopeful. If you know Lennon's history it's easier to hear the angst in the lyrics.
    Well said! That's what I was thinking! It's a song spouting peace and love. Why NOT be happy and hopeful?
    Got some revelation
    Put into your hands
    Save you from your misery
    Like rain across the land
    Donít you see
    The colour of deception
    Turning your world around again
    -- A. Farris, M. Hutchence

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    My goodness. Adequate? That for me was one of the most stirring performances of the entire season. Jordis has twice now brought me to the verge of tears. None of the others have even come close to the style of this young lady. I don't think she will win, but I do think the record labels & producers are chomping at the bit to sign her up. I would actually come closer to buying a Jordis album than I would an INXS album by with any of the other singers. Her future lies in a direction other than INXS.
    I thought she did a tremendous job with Imagine.

If it's true that Jordis is singing "We Are The Champions" this week, I predict a crash-and-burn of large magnitude. This is a song with a large range, and since I remember Jordis' range being smaller than JD's, I don't see how she can possibly do this song!

Either she'll have to change the melody, or she'll have a repeat of her last crash-and-burn.

FORT Fogey
    Jordis needs to stop smoking and take some vocal lessons to improve her control and range.

She also needs to develop more personality on stage.

I am a huge Jordis fan. I just think that this whole experience has not sunk in for her yet.....she's always looking around trying to absorb/comprehend the situation which prevents her from being as comfortable as you need to be in order to engage the audience and sing with passion.

I am firmly convinced she will go on to bigger and better things as a result of this show - whether it is with or without INXS. In fact, I'll bet she's got labels looking at her already - just waiting for her to get the boot so she can sign with them. All she needs is some more experience.

I really realy like listening to Jordis. Unfortunately last night wasn't her best & I think she will be going home tonight. I have said before that she is better suited to a solo career than as the front person for OBINXS. I think she has realised that herself, & as she said last night she is floundering. I have no doubt that we haven't heard the last of Jordis & it wouldn't surprise me at all if her first solo album was as successful as the next INXS output.

I really love Jordis, she was one of my favorites on this show. While I'm sad to see her go, I think she really isn't right for this band, and actually I would prefer to see her in the future as a solo artists. I wish her the best of luck and will look out for her music in the future.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I really did think that her "We are the Champions" was far better than that of JD's. She was my favorite but like everyone else stated a solo career awaits her.
    ~Dustyn
    -With a "y"

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I really realy like listening to Jordis. Unfortunately last night wasn't her best & I think she will be going home tonight. I have said before that she is better suited to a solo career than as the front person for OBINXS. I think she has realised that herself, & as she said last night she is floundering. I have no doubt that we haven't heard the last of Jordis & it wouldn't surprise me at all if her first solo album was as successful as the next INXS output.
    I really hope she does well. It seems to me that the pressure was just too much for her and she folded, but I really like her and hope someone out there wants to produce her. I would buy a CD of her singing songs that suit her voice and style.

I agree. When she's on, she's amazing. I'd love to hear more from her down the road.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread