+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jordis

Probably not just you. I think Jordis is too young and not a good fit for the band. Suzie on the other hand, I think is looking more right for the job each passing week.

Jordis does have a great voice, I have downloaded more of her songs than anyone else's. And her downloads seem pretty popular on msn. I hope she hangs til final four. I love hearing her sing.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey
    WOOHOO! Jordis is singing Imagine. I think/hope she'll be able to pull it off!

LKH
    I expected great things from Dream On too, and I really respect her for giving that awful note a shot. I don't know too many women who can touch it. I hope she doesn't play it too safe with Imagine.
    L

Jordis rocked it with Imagine.

John Lennon would be very proud.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20
    Jordis rocked it with Imagine.

John Lennon would be very proud.
    She was adequate with a safe song for her. Bottom three.

LOL, Blue!

You think she will end up in B3 this week if she didn't end up in B3 last week?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    LOL, Blue!

You think she will end up in B3 this week if she didn't end up in B3 last week?
    Probably not, but if it were up to me.... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres
    She was adequate with a safe song for her. Bottom three.
    My goodness. Adequate? That for me was one of the most stirring performances of the entire season. Jordis has twice now brought me to the verge of tears. None of the others have even come close to the style of this young lady. I don't think she will win, but I do think the record labels & producers are chomping at the bit to sign her up. I would actually come closer to buying a Jordis album than I would an INXS album by with any of the other singers. Her future lies in a direction other than INXS.

FORT Fanatic
    Didn't work for me last night. You can't smile during Imagine...she has to understand the songs she is singing. It's a very serious song over a light and airy melody.

I hope either Jordis or Ty go tonight. Ty can sing but I don't like his live performance. Jordis has limited range but when she's in her comfort place is very good.

giz
    I think people misunderstand Imagine as the lyrics could be taken as (in parts) somewhat light and beauty contestant hopeful. If you know Lennon's history it's easier to hear the angst in the lyrics.

+ Reply to Thread