+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jordis

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy
    I'm not big on the dreadlocks either, though I'm glad she wears her hair back so they aren't covering her face.
    I think her dreads are my favorite thing about her. (except for her voice!!!) It takes a REAL commitment to grow dreads. It's not an easy process, although I suspect hers are hair extensions.
    But I love dreads. And hers are great

As for the tatoos, Heathers bothered me the worst. They looked totally unplanned and unprofessionally done and I couldnt' hear her singing (good thing really) for staring at her awful tats.

I usually don't mind tats. Daves bother me too. His look like someone doodled on a piece of notebook paper during an exam in high school.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey
    Poor Jordis. She really bombed last night.

I missed the show & for some reason my DVR didn't pick it up either. So I went to the MSN site to watch the videos & they were all available except for Jordis. Anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I missed the show & for some reason my DVR didn't pick it up either. So I went to the MSN site to watch the videos & they were all available except for Jordis. Anyone know why?
    Well, I was suspecting a conspiracy theory... but a poster on another board pointed out that another Aerosmith song wasn't on the Rockstar site either. So, maybe Aerosmith doesn't want their songs online. (Lucky for Jordis!) But... you can watch it on rickey.org.

Quote Originally Posted by kuuipo
    Well, I was suspecting a conspiracy theory... but a poster on another board pointed out that another Aerosmith song wasn't on the Rockstar site either. So, maybe Aerosmith doesn't want their songs online. (Lucky for Jordis!) But... you can watch it on rickey.org.
    Thanks for the info but it seems strange that Aerosmith would give approval for their stuff to be sung live, but then not approve it being posted. Oh well It's Only Rock & Roll But I Like It.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Jordis' video is available for your displeasure ... don't know when they changed that, but that's good... so some of those little fanboys might go back and cringe at it and think twice before keeping her out of the bottom 3.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

FORT Fogey
    She needs to step back into her "comfort zone". That's the only way she could have a chance of making it in the competition.

I don't think that Jordis should necessarily have been sent home, but she should definitely have been in the bottom three. Her performance of Dream On suggests that an album of duets with William Hung may be in the cards one day. A couple of weeks ago she sang a terrible rendition of Layla. I guess that she built up a lot of popularity early, but it's not fair to the others if someone has 2 out of 3 bad performances and still doesn't get chosen for the bottom three. While some of the others are getting more polished, Jordis seems to be headed in the other direction.
    I never really believed that INXS would hire a woman as a lead singer, but I don't think that Jordis has any chance now. Yes, she took some chances, but if she can't make some of them pay off then she shouldn't get credit for it. I am not anti-Jordis. I really enjoyed her Man Who Sold the World. But I do think that she should be held just as accountable for her bad performances as she was for her good ones.

I really like Jordis. I like her voice and I like her style. I don't think that she's right for INXS, but I hope that she comes out with a solo album someday.

Her performance this week was definitely bad. I just don't think any of her other performances were that bad. I just think that she piqued early with TMTSTW and her performances following that one were not as exciting.

Either way I'm sure she has a successful career as a singer ahead of her!

LKH
    I've been rooting for Jordis to make it to near the end just because I want her to get lots of exposure and maybe a really good gig with another group that is a better fit. I don't think she works for INXS, but my LORD what a voice!

Am I alone in thinking that neither of the girls would be a good fit? They're both awesome in their own way, but somehow putting a 20-something girl out front of these older rockers would just change the whole dynamic in ways that wouldn't really be flattering for the band. Is it just me?

L

+ Reply to Thread