+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jordis

Quote Originally Posted by swim4life107
    I heard that Mark Burenet has a contract with Epic Records and he can sign anybody that doesn't win that he thinks is talented. If Jordis doesn't win he will definaletly sign her a contract!
    I'd bet the burden goes the other way. That Epic Records is free to recruit from the show. Burnett isn't in the music biz and isn't going to be doing the signing--he's simply a conduit allowing Epic to do so.

Jordis needed this show to get noticed. But there's some kind of curse, I think, that unless you are Clay Aiken nobody who loses these shows ever really goes anywhere. And even Clay's biggest success is probably past now, and he's got a career of doing Christmas specials and being this century's version of Andy Williams to look forward to.

I think the biggest problem is that it's kind of assumed that people who appear on these shows are totally unhip. And yet a rock musician has to have hipness to get anywhere. That's going to be a big barrier--especially since the show is getting crappy ratings anyway.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I thought Jordis tanked with Layla last night.
    Very disappointing after last week.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I thought Jordis tanked with Layla last night.
    Very disappointing after last week.
    I completely agree with you. I was very impressed last week, and I thought that she would have to do a great job with Layla. Layla is my favourite song, although not for it's vocals. Still, it is a very emotional song and she did not do it justice. I was very disappointed.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    rewatching Jordis's Gimmie Some Lovin'...........I'm hearing a lot of Pink in her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by William13
    I completely agree with you. I was very impressed last week, and I thought that she would have to do a great job with Layla. Layla is my favourite song, although not for it's vocals. Still, it is a very emotional song and she did not do it justice. I was very disappointed.

Yes, for me, she entirely missed the emotion of the song.
    She didn't convey that at all.
    Such a shame because we know that she is more than capable of putting so much feeling into a performance.
    Still, everyone can have an off week.
    I don't expect her to go and I do expect her to return to top form next week.

FORT Newbie

nirvana did a great version of the song

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    I just listened to David Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World, and OMG, Jordis' rendition of this song yesterday was so good that it seemed better than the original. Bowie's version had an electronic/Ziggy Stardust feel to it, and Jordis' version sounded more like a ballad. Her version was so heartfelt that it gave me chills, and all of the INXS members agreed too. I think she might be asked for an encore today. Jordis is so talented at age 22! For a change, maybe INXS should consider a frontwoman instead of a frontman.
    which I liked better than the bowie version....jordis's arrangement was more like nirvana's than bowies, and I really like the song.

FORT Newbie
    so here is the question regarding Jordis.............sexy or no?

i tend to say yes but only in that you're in a club and wanna hook up with something a little exotic, but not so exotic that it would give you a disease sorta way.........

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Spite Brigade
    so here is the question regarding Jordis.............sexy or no?
    Definitely I love her smile which is why I don't mind it when she smiles "inappropriately" during some of her songs. However I don't like the tattoos and I'm not big on the dreadlocks either, though I'm glad she wears her hair back so they aren't covering her face.

FORT Fogey
    I like Jordis a lot! I think she has an edgy voice and she comes across like a Janis Joplin or Carole King of the old days (not in voice but in technique). She makes you wonder what she is going to do with a song.

She is pretty in a funky sort of way. She manages to look sexy without having to take off most of her clothes, which is refreshing these days.

FORT Fan
    I love her name. Jordis. its so calming.

+ Reply to Thread