+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I disagree. Far from being "turned off by his posturing", our band INXS still seems very appreciative of him. Even this week, when he tanked on his performance, they were not overly harsh on him, and were supportive of his feelings about his sister. A lot of their post-performance comments to him were cut from the broadcast, but they talked about how they were glad to see J.D. at least try to do the song in its original style. He said that he wanted to let them know that he wouldn't be re-arranging INXS songs -- which they said they were glad to hear.
    The same can bee said of Heather And I think it is important to note that Heather performed much, much better than JD did but somehow she ended up in the bottom three instead of him.

AND the same thing can be said of Daphna. She had rock solid performances and one bad one. She was impressive on stage and the band really liked her. She didnít do great with her song but there were defiantly worse performances yet when it came time for the critique the band didnít treat her like they did JD, there was not a lot of support going on.

If the band does not think a particular performer would fit with their group they why was that performer selected to be on the show in the first place?

And if the band has already selected three or four of the performers they want (which it seems they have) then please explain why are we going through this dog and pony show.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon
    If the band does not think a particular performer would fit with their group they why was that performer selected to be on the show in the first place?

And if the band has already selected three or four of the performers they want (which it seems they have) then please explain why are we going through this dog and pony show.
    Cause CBS needed enough episdoes to fill up 13 weeks of their Summer schedule?

FORT Newbie
    i think the band kinda likes jd, besides if even if they did'nt like him i doubt they'd take him out yet, cause he does make the tuesdays show more interesting. but when it comes down two a decision if your choices were between two eqaully talented people thats a good fit, i think they would choose a guy who they think they could gel with better.

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon

Well, it might take a while to get to know the singers, musically and personally.

We are going through this dog and pony show because it's good for the band's publicity. And it's fun!

I think JD will be around to the end. I think the band does like him, but it is pretty clear that his co-competitor's do not. And while that won't and should not be a over-riding factor, I think it will become "a" factor. LOL, I just don't whether that is a positive or negative. The band may like that he is so focused on the goal that his housemates are alienated or they may start to wonder why he can't get along with a group of people. *shrugs* Either way, it will be their choice if they want to tour with him or not.

Far as I see, he still has a good shot at it. But he needs to stop his slide and bounce back up. I think his gaffe two weeks back has had a effect on him. I think it caused him to over reach this week in order to prove something. He needs to get back on his game.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Newbie
    I do think he'll get in deep at least to the top, but i hope he doesnt get into the final 2

I loved himdoing California Dreaming, but the past 2 weeks, he has slipped in to this grating Tom Waits gravel voice. It's the opposite of falsetto, if there is such a thing. Plus he moves around like he has ants in his pants...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I think he didn't do well last night. What I heard on TV didn't make blow me away.

Let me take a wild guess: JD is the best-looking contestant. Right?

He's light years better than that woman with the gunt. That's for sure.
    What the hell was that on her guntsuit, a spade?

I don't think JD is the best looking..sorry..I think Marty who is my favorite is the best looking. He has a natural insane rockstar look

+ Reply to Thread