+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

giz
    That may be why they are luke-warm to Ty as well. Obviously he sings well, but they don't seem energised byhim as I've seen them be by Marty, Suzie and Jordis.

If i remember correctly..

INXS has liked J.D from the start..so to say they dont like his personality is silly..its clear he is a front runner(yes he did have a bad performance this week) but he was solid the few before.everyone has a bad performance sometime whatch and see,it will happen to everyone of them.Because of a statement he is now suddenly "the bad guy"..just dont get it..seriously its not A.I!...give the poor guy a break...None of us know him personally,we only see the edited parts they want us to see...he could be the most genuine person..who really knows....I find it hard to judge people on something they might say and assume I know exactly what kind of person they are...I personally wish him success because he is talented whether he wins or not.Maybe some people are way to judgemental of these contestants..If only we'd start judging by their performances as a whole and forget all the drama.. ..Jordis has been my favorite from day one but I tell you the more I see people knit pic J.D Im going to start voting for him even more because I wont be a part of the hate going on... the contestants need to be judged not on their comments..but talent

Quote Originally Posted by only1trish
    give the poor guy a break...None of us know him personally,we only see the edited parts they want us to see...he could be the most genuine person..who really knows....I find it hard to judge people on something they might say and assume I know exactly what kind of person they are...I personally wish him success because he is talented whether he wins or not.Maybe some people are way to judgemental of these contestants..If only we'd start judging by their performances as a whole and forget all the drama.. ..Jordis has been my favorite from day one but I tell you the more I see people knit pic J.D Im going to start voting for him even more because I wont be a part of the hate going on... the contestants need to be judged not on their comments..but talent
    I still am not crazy about him.

And thats what makes Reality TV and FORT...people's OPINIONS.

Being nice, now where would be the fun in that?
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Quote Originally Posted by only1trish
    down the contestants need to be judged not on their comments..but talent
    Huh? That makes no sense whatsoever. "Reality" TV throws in all the extra stuff for drama and for the voters and fans to have a rounder idea of who the person is. You think INXS picks who they kick off based solely on talent? Seriously, that is not the case. This is a person who has to fit in with the band so personality DOES make a difference.

The way this show is set up is to JUDGE people on their personality and their comments and their looks and their voice. It's not just one bit and not the others. Since we don't know these folks nobody can take anything personally. JD is clearly a jerk (or portrayed as a jerk) and his talent is questionable. That's my opinion, so how can anybody take offense?

ALL THE WAY!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

I can't imagine that there's any way JD could be The One at this point. The band is turned off by his posturing, and they're the ones who will have to work closely with the winner. It's like hiring for any other position: choosing based primarily on team fit rather than skills will virtually always result in the better employee. In a band, that would be even more the case.

No matter how huge his fan base is, INXS will eliminate him as soon as he makes bottom 3 (assuming they've already pared away Nathan and maybe Suzie and Deanna).
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    The band is turned off by his posturing, and they're the ones who will have to work closely with the winner.
    I disagree. Far from being "turned off by his posturing", our band INXS still seems very appreciative of him. Even this week, when he tanked on his performance, they were not overly harsh on him, and were supportive of his feelings about his sister. A lot of their post-performance comments to him were cut from the broadcast, but they talked about how they were glad to see J.D. at least try to do the song in its original style. He said that he wanted to let them know that he wouldn't be re-arranging INXS songs -- which they said they were glad to hear.

In the past couple of weeks, they have singled him out for praise (having him do the encore of California Dreamin') and included him as one of the top 3 for Hand in My Pocket. They also made particular note of his ability to work effectively with the House Band on his arrangements, so I don't think they have any major qualms about his ability to work closely with them.

After the Great J.D. Statement Controversy, INXS told the rest of the rockers that what mattered to the band was what they saw up there on that stage. If nothing else, that was the equivalent of telling them all to focus on that aspect -- and to knock off all the petty, over-reacting BS.

Agree wholeheartedly w/LAGuy. This is not a popularity contest. Other than JD falling on his face while doing "...Champion", he has sung very well. Granted he may have too much energy at times, but doing a moderate length concert would slow him down a touch.

Really believe he is the favorite at this point. Marty is also solid on the mens' side. I am andI get the feeling that INXS also aren't really falling in love w/the theater-voice treatment given by Ty and Mig...

FORT Fan
    I'm not saying J.D is going to win or should but I do think he'll make it to the final 3. He's created too much controversy and drama to be let go early. What else could a reality show want from one of its contestants? Thanks

I have the same feeling, paulvons.
    So what if JD messed up and acted like a jerk. Rockstars do that all the time.
    JD still has a lot going for him. He still has a great singing voice, stage presence, and most importantly, the band still shows signs of liking him.
    He'll be around for the finals.

+ Reply to Thread