+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 499

Thread: J.D.

  1. #51
    Salton Sea Dreamin' Sun84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    True North -- Go Jets Go!
    Posts
    940
    NEW GLASCOW CANADA:

    Population 14 (15 including JD's ego)

    As a Canadian, I'm hoping that the producers are just using the editing to make him come off as a bit of a creep. I just can't get behind this guy, as patriotic as I am, he kind of creeps me out. I had no problem with his comment from the other night, it's a game bring it! But the whole song choosing fiasco bugged me. Pick a song, and then stick to your guns. Crawling back to jordis just seemed.......uughh, childish?

    As cool as his arrangements have been, there are some songs you just SHOULDN'T MESS AROUND WITH!!! I think JD may be taking a long walk off a short plank this week..........
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

  2. #52
    Ace
    Ace is offline
    ZINNNNNNG! Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun84
    I just can't get behind this guy, as patriotic as I am, he kind of creeps me out.
    He's a dishonest, ass-kissing mimbo. And he can't dance.

  3. #53
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    I want to like this guy but he's making it really difficult.

    Crazy dancing aside, I think he's a good performer, but there is something really objectionable about his personality imo.

  4. #54
    giz
    giz is offline
    FORT Fogey giz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,895
    ah, well, he's pretty young isn't he. I think that can excuse a lot of maladroit behaviour. Mind you, trying to get Jordis' song out of her, and then greasing the wheels with "I'd really like to get to know you when this is over" was just so transparent and gross. I've really enjoyed his performances thus far, and who said a singer needs to be a nice guy? In fact, an awful lot of famous leads are pretty rotten people from what I gather.

  5. #55
    1/3 Fonzarelli kungfuhippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    451
    He certainly did make a bit of a fool of himself in last nights show. Its too bad, because I have really really liked his performances. Well, even if he screws up on We are the Champions and gets in the bottom three, the band may save him, unless he is truly terrible...
    meh...

  6. #56
    FORT Newbie only1trish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7

    This needs to be said about J.D

    First of all this show is not AI..or..a pagent..[mod edit] He is not there to win a badge for being the nicest guy,he is trying to win a competition plain and simple. I doubt they are looking for the "nicest" person,its all about the singing and performance they give.J.D shouldnt have said what he said but geez people get over it already..Im sure they have all at one time or another said something they wish they might not have said..so why all the drama about one statement...To say J.D is cocky....well the same thing could be assumed of Ty after his comments last night..but Im not going to make that assumption because of how he acted when given critisim.THis show can be adited how they want it to appear..Maybe they want to generate some contraversy to peak some intrest in this show..it is all about ratings...FOx does the same thing with A.I....
    I guess My point is "this is not a personality contest" ..people do not buy a CD because the lead singer is a "nice" guy or girl..they buy because he or she can sing..plain and simple...J.D can perform and sing and Im not going to take that away from him because of a few statements...same goes for everyone else,they are all talented and to take that away from any of them isnt fair.To think ALL of these contestants arent comming up with a stategy to win would be nieve..they all want to win and maybe the camera hasnt captured their moment yet..but give it time soon everyones favorite will be captured saying a not so nice comment..so why dwell on it any longer..We are not all saints... ..And before anyone assumes I am just a J.D fan...Ill be happy to say Im a fan of Jordis..[mod edit]
    Last edited by hepcat; 07-26-2005 at 04:22 PM. Reason: removed baiting; please read the FAQ.

  7. #57
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    75
    I do think his arrangements are impressive but overall I am not a fan of JD - totally aside from his "cockiness" I just don't think he has the charisma or the looks. His voice is OK but the overall package is not enough front INXS. He just seems sort of strange to me.

  8. #58
    Soon summer soon BlondieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,017
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    ah, well, he's pretty young isn't he. I think that can excuse a lot of maladroit behaviour.
    I dont think it can.

    JD is a suck up, fair and square and then what he did to Jordis was below the belt too. I dont think he is cocky, I think he is unsure of himself...thats why he comes off awkward and does the things he does.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

  9. #59
    dvm
    dvm is offline
    Get off the hate train.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by only1trish
    First of all this show is not AI..or..a pagent..[mod edit] He is not there to win a badge for being the nicest guy,he is trying to win a competition plain and simple. I doubt they are looking for the "nicest" person,its all about the singing and performance they give.J.D shouldnt have said what he said but geez people get over it already..Im sure they have all at one time or another said something they wish they might not have said..so why all the drama about one statement...To say J.D is cocky....well the same thing could be assumed of Ty after his comments last night..but Im not going to make that assumption because of how he acted when given critisim.THis show can be adited how they want it to appear..Maybe they want to generate some contraversy to peak some intrest in this show..it is all about ratings...FOx does the same thing with A.I....
    I guess My point is "this is not a personality contest" ..people do not buy a CD because the lead singer is a "nice" guy or girl..they buy because he or she can sing..plain and simple...J.D can perform and sing and Im not going to take that away from him because of a few statements...same goes for everyone else,they are all talented and to take that away from any of them isnt fair.To think ALL of these contestants arent comming up with a stategy to win would be nieve..they all want to win and maybe the camera hasnt captured their moment yet..but give it time soon everyones favorite will be captured saying a not so nice comment..so why dwell on it any longer..We are not all saints... ..And before anyone assumes I am just a J.D fan...Ill be happy to say Im a fan of Jordis..[mod edit]

    I totally agree. Very well said. Except, I am a fan of JD. He's definitely one of the best ones from the get-go. One of the few with any star-appeal, IMO.

  10. #60
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19
    i think this guy is weird, he hust seemed so twitchy first he practically conned jordis of her first choice, then when he was seeing it wasn't working out he tried to con her again by using the remorse card and by hitting on her. I almost gagged when he did that " whatever happens after this i want to get to kow you" line did you see jordis's face looked like she wanted to laugh at him.

    I also disagree with some of you who say attitude shouldnt be a factor, INXS is a pretty set band i'm sure they want a guy who is stable who they can get a long with cause there gonna be on tour with this guy for months. they could stuck in a cramped bus for days on end, i can picture INXS throwing him of the bus an leaving him in the middle of nowhere cause there tired of jd's crap. This guy can't seem to relate well other people and in a group that could affect chemistry which one the most important things for a band. In the end it should be INXS that will ultimately decide wether they can live with him as front man of the band, but till then this guys in the bottom of my books.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.