+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950

Thread: J.D.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, Trynity! Glad you were able to have your own "up close" moment with JD. The JD Haters will never be convinced, but your story is another example of how genuinely nice he is and how much he respects & appreciates the fans.
    Heheh... My little sister Trynity was so excited by her encounter with JD that she called me up long distance in the middle of the INXS concert (during the break after the Lovehammers' set) to tell me all about it.

Just found out tonight that INXS has postponed three of their midwestern concerts this week because J.D. is suffering from bronchitis and needs to rest his voice. I have tickets for one of them so I will have to wait another month to see them...bummer! At least it wasn't cancelled entirely...

Anyway, here's wishing J.D. a speedy recovery!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IAgirl View Post
    Just found out tonight that INXS has postponed three of their midwestern concerts this week because J.D. is suffering from bronchitis and needs to rest his voice. I have tickets for one of them so I will have to wait another month to see them...bummer! At least it wasn't cancelled entirely...

Anyway, here's wishing J.D. a speedy recovery!!!
    You're actually lucky. He had a heck of a time in Denver, told us the doctor told him to rest, he said no. He started off really rough, losing notes all over the place, etc. Before he told the crowd he was sick we were all looking at each other like 'what the heck is wrong with him, can he not handle the tour after a week??" Adrenaline probably kicked in at some point because he kicked butt in the middle, but then faded again towards the end. I don't know how he sang a note, when he talked to the crowd, he was so raspy and sick sounding we could barely understand him.

Still a good show, I just wish it had been with a healthy JD.
    Wag more, bark less

Jamie - so sorry to hear that! I heard he was sick at the Vegas show too. I don't know how he could sing at all either. I'm now going to the rescheduled Kansas City show on March 1st, so I just hope & pray he stays healthy until then!!!

A.J, Nicole, Renee, Jenah ILikeThat's Avatar

Re: J.D.

J.D is the hottest man ever!!!!
    Whitney won!!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Wow. JD is out of a job!

“Rock Star: INXS” Singer Says He’s Homeless and Bandless : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

“Rock Star: INXS” Singer Says He’s Homeless and Bandless
    2/19/09, 3:16 pm EST
    Photo: Clary/AFP/Getty

Remember J.D. Fortune, the guy from Ontario who became the new singer for INXS after winning the reality show Rock Band: INXS? Apparently winning the right to front the Aussie band wasn’t all it was cracked up to be: according to Canada’s The Star, Fortune is now homeless. After INXS finished their long tour a little over a year ago, Fortune says the band casually just dropped him from their roster. “I was in an airport in Hong Kong and literally got handshakes of ‘Thank you very much,’ ” Fortune said, “I found myself really alone because I had traveled with these guys for 23 months. Some of the audiences we played for were upwards of 80,000 people.” And that’s how his INXS career ended, stranded in a Hong Kong airport.

Fortune’s dismissal wasn’t without justification, however: The singer reportedly became a heavy cocaine user while he was in INXS. “It got as bad as it needed to be for me to numb out the fact that this was going to come to a screeching halt,” Fortune said. Given that the band’s original singer, Michael Hutchence, had cocaine in his system when he died under dubious circumstances in 1997, it seems likely INXS didn’t want to follow down that drug-fueled path again with their new lead singer.

Thus, Fortune is homeless, off drugs and living in his pick-up truck while he scrounges together enough money to finish working on his solo album, The Death of a Motivational Speaker. Even though Duff McKagan told Rock Daily recently that Velvet Revolver is on the verge of revealing their new singer, maybe it’s not too late to get Fortune an audition.

Daniel Kreps

That's what happen when you have no class like JD.

Does that mean we get a Rockstar INXS 2 ???? Wow !!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

From your keyboard to God's ears!

*sigh* and I liked JD.
    So I guess he snorted all the $$ he got from the album and the tours?

+ Reply to Thread