+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I hope he wins. His rendetion of "Hand in My Pocket" rocked. I'm so glad his little exit speech didn't do him in like it would have if he were on AI. AI is so unnecessarily political, don't you think?

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I thought his statement was a cheap, uncreative attmept to suck up. Pretty weak really. I hope JD didn't write that corny speech himself, because that wouldn't reflect well on his song writing skills.

And I thought the others were even weaker with their reaction.

Ooooooo, tough rock stars.

*old codger voice- Back in the old days, Mick and Kieth would have said nothing and just slugged JD in the face.

Bring it, wimps !

Mick and Keith--well, nobody knew them before they were rock stars. Who knows how they'd have reacted when they weren't yet famous.

Honestly, I think the group handled it the only way they could. They confronted him face-to-face which is a very adult and correct thing to do. JD was clearly sucking up and everybody knew that, even INXS.

Quote Originally Posted by CelicaDude25
    Something tells me that the reason why this guy is popular is because he has the looks ... im pretty sure girls (and gays) are rooting for this guy just cuz of that .
    I dont think he has the looks, IMO.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

JD is a fanboy. He has a lot of talent too. LOL, I hope INXS picks him, otherwise he might become a stalker!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by narcisse
    I think the group handled it the only way they could. They confronted him face-to-face which is a very adult and correct thing to do.
    I thought I was a big fan but I don't remember anyone confronting him, so I must've missed a show or part of a show.

What happened... how did people confront him? What did they say? How did JD respond?

FWIW, I don't normally like cocky people but I didn't get the impression he was being cocky. I felt like he was one of the few who wanted to work with INXS, while many of the others just want to be famous and they don't care what band it is. I felt like he was trying to get that point across, but didn't say it tactfully. I do feel that contestants who aren't there for the right reasons should get ferreted out. The trouble is how to define "right reasons"

Anyway, who confronted JD and how?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I thought I was a big fan but I don't remember anyone confronting him, so I must've missed a show or part of a show.

What happened... how did people confront him? What did they say? How did JD respond?
    I don't have the show on tape, fireflyer, but I don't recall anyone but Brandon "confronting" JD -- and he did that in a very low-key, arm-around-the-shoulder way, telling him that he was upset with JD's comment. JD seemed somewhat perplexed, obviously not realizing the impact of what he said. I don't believe we ever saw any apology from him, however.

As for everyone else, they pretty much sat around bitching & moaning about JD when he wasn't there, but clammed up when he showed. Personally, I don't feel like they came off looking too good either -- acting like a bunch of hyper-sensitive babies about one lousy little comment. I think their behavior probably contributed to Dave's and Garry's comments about the whole thing to them. To wit: It's about what happens on the stage that's important. (Or, in other words: Get over it and sing!)

Yeah...all we saw was Brandon. However, it seems as if he may have been appointed to the positition of doing that as the "aw shucks" nice guy. I could be reading too much into it. The fact that JD was so oblivious to the impact of what he said does not bode well for him.

FORT Newbie
    I don't know if we got a different edit of the show (I'm from Australia) but we saw Mig, Marty and some of the girls (don't remember which ones) confront J.D. in a group after Brandon did. J.D. was protesting that what he said was true, because the others are working much harder than him to learn the songs while he already knows them. Mig tried to smooth things over by saying that maybe they took what he said the wrong way, but Marty said that he didn't think he took it the wrong way, that he felt a certain way after J.D. said it. Then it cut to a confessional by Marty where he said that he felt like J.D. tried to climb another rung by kicking down everyone else.

It didn't leave me with a good impression of J.D. that he was still saying he's better than everyone because he already knows the songs. He should have just left it when he said that he didn't mean it in an ill way and apologised that it came out wrongly.

You know, Morbid, it seems to me that's what we got here also. I wish I remembered exactly, but I do know Brandon specifically confronted him and it seemed like there were a few others...I just don't specifically recall!

J.D. needs to realize that he's only one of a group of very talented front-men and front-women. He may have been "a huge INXS" fan (at least in his terminology) but the fact is that anybody who was alive in the 1980s should be well aware of the band's biggest hits already...and considering they knew some 6 months ago what would be happening they are already WELL ACQUAINTED with the INXS tunes.

I don't think INXS wants a fanboy really, they want somebody who can perform their music irregardless of their background.

+ Reply to Thread