+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: J.D.

That's awesome you guys - thank you so much for the live reports. I can't wait to see them in TO on Feb 7th!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

I had the immense pleasure of attending a private concert by INXS at the Sunset Strip House of Blues on Sunday, 1/15.

The concert was FAN-TASS-TIC! It was everything you could imagine -- and more! Based on what I saw that night, I feel confident in saying to everyone who is going to an upcoming concert: You can safely UP your expectations. INXS is still going to exceed them.

The Band was so TIGHT -- and the joy they had playing together was so obvious and infectious. And, yeah, that new lead singer dude is AWESOME and fits in like he's been performing with them for years.

If you're interested, you can read a full report of the event at my LiveJournal.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    I had the immense pleasure of attending a private concert by INXS at the Sunset Strip House of Blues on Sunday, 1/15.

The concert was FAN-TASS-TIC! It was everything you could imagine -- and more! Based on what I saw that night, I feel confident in saying to everyone who is going to an upcoming concert: You can safely UP your expectations. INXS is still going to exceed them.

The Band was so TIGHT -- and the joy they had playing together was so obvious and infectious. And, yeah, that new lead singer dude is AWESOME and fits in like he's been performing with them for years.

If you're interested, you can read a full report of the event at my LiveJournal.

that was one great review. I am so excited for the concerts next week now.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

giz

north american tour starts

Did anyone see the show in Vancouver on Wednesday? I really wish I could have gone, but sacrificed it for my sweeties. I'm taking the kids to Vancoocoo on the weekend to cheer them up, and couldn't have afforded two trips (in one week!). Maybe they'll do a Canadian tour and hit our smaller cities next year (the cd is doing so very very well here).

I have seen some reviews of the concert. Sounds like it is going to be awesome. Next Thursday and Saturday I will be going to my concerts and when I am back home from the Vegas one I am sure I will post something.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Here I am reading about LAGuy and JLuvs posts and feeling quite envious that they were fortunate enough to go the tapings, private concerts and CD signings. Happy to read their stories but still envious!

So here's my story!
    My friends and I went to the concert on Wednesday night in Vancouver. But before the concert, we were having dinner and guess who was sitting at the bar with his back to the restaurant? JD was sitting there with one other guy having a drink, I couldn't believe my luck. I couldn't believe he was there, so close to show time! There was no one around him so I took the opportunity and went up to him to ask him to sign my CD liner and get a picture. I lost the ability to speak coherently and babbled a little bit before I asked him to sign my CD liner....how embarrassing. He shook my hand and asked me my name and then signed the CD liner. I asked for a picture, he touched my arm and asked if he could come by my table after he finished his meal because he didn't want to attract too much attention before he got a chance to eat. I told him it was ok, and he didn't have to come by, I understood that he didn't have much time, afterall it was about 6:45 and he needed to get back to the Queen E Theatre. I went back to my table on such a high, not really expecting him to stop by my table, I was so thrilled to have a personally signed autograph. He is absolutely hot, sexy, and gorgeous! About 20 minutes later, I look up and JD is coming to my table. My friend was nice enough to move out of the booth so JD could sit down beside me. He said he didn't have much time but he chatted with us for a minute, shook hands and hugged my friends and I got a picture with JD!!!! He is sooooo nice! We wished him luck on his show and then we all said goodbye. The whole experience was a bit of a blur, I can't remember some of what I said or some of what he said, I was a bit nervous! I just thank my lucky stars that I put the Switch CD liner, a marker and a camera in my purse.

Here's a pic of my autograph:

The show was awesome. I was lucky enough to be in row 16 in the orchestra. I liked Marty during RS: INXS but did not think he was right for INXS. I wasn't sure I would like Marty's band but he and his band actually put on a pretty good show. Marty did his mad conductor bit and at one point during his show, he walked into the audience on the arms of the seats in the theatre and interacted with the audience. It was pretty cool. I went to the VH1 site and listed to Marty and the LH's CD. It's pretty good, I think I will buy it on Tuesday.

After Marty and the LHs, there was about a 20 minuted break. There was a bit of a commotion when Mark Burnett shows up with his kids and sits in the center, around row 10. The audience starts to clap when they see him.

Finally, the time was here, the curtains are closed and a few moments before INXS comes on, the lights dim and we hear moaning sounds from JD. He's moaning over and over again and the curtains slowly open. The audience was on their feet and INXS was on the stage! JD wore sunglasses, a black coat with buckles hanging all over it, black shirt, black pants and black leather boots. INXS opened with Suicide Blonde and JDs jacket and sunglasses soon came off shorly after. INXS played 19 songs, the same line up as the private concert at the Sunset Strip HoB on 1/15. When they played Pretty Vegas, everyone is on their feet screaming and singing along. The audience was so loud, you couldn't hardly hear JD at all. And he didn't use the megaphone...I wonder why? Part way through the concert, JD changed into a short black T-shirt with Hustler on it and then he changed again for the encore, into a long sleeved black T-shirt with a flame design running down both arms and a logo on his chest. Then lights came up on stage, and everyone was clapping, cheering and screaming. The guys all hugged each other and slapped each other's back. INXS waves to the audience and Gary tells us that they love Canada and would be back soon to do a bigger tour. (I hear they are coming back to Vancouver in June!) INXS walks off stage, and then JD comes back with a cigarette in his mouth, goes to the mike, puts the cigarette behind his ear and starts to sing O Canada a cappella. The audience sings along, and at one moment he stands back and listens, then jumps back in to finish singing the end of the anthem with us.

Well, that's the brief recap of my night. INXS' show was an amazing show and JD and his bandmates really rocked the house. JD is the perfect choice and fits in very well with the band. I personally thought the sound at the Queen E didn't do INXS justice. I know that JD can sing better than what it sounded like in the theatre. But overall, the whole night was electric, I loved every moment of it, expecially the pre-concert personal encounter. I've been in a daze for the past few days, but I am slowly getting back to reality. I can't wait for them to come back to Vancouver!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Wow Trynity. . . what a great story. I'm thinkin' you'll be having JD dreams for quite some time.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Thanks for sharing that, Trynity! Glad you were able to have your own "up close" moment with JD. The JD Haters will never be convinced, but your story is another example of how genuinely nice he is and how much he respects & appreciates the fans.

And, yeah, the show is AWESOME. I'm up in Lincoln City, Oregon at the moment and saw the first Chinook Winds show last night. (The second is tonight.) Everything I said in my House of Blues report stands. If anything, JD was even sexier & more energetic last night -- the guy's gonna wear himself out at this rate! INXS was obviously having a great time being back in front of an audience again and continue to play renewed vigor. And the crowd was really into it. They never sat down for a moment, screaming loud & long after every song.

Trynity - thanks so much for sharing your story with us. I am loving reading all the fan reports of people running into both JD and Marty and how nice they are being.

I wish Thursday would hurry up and get here....this is going to be one long week.
    -Bono

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Trynity, I love your avatar. You and JD look adorable together. What a cute couple! He sounds like a really nice guy--to actually come over after you told him he didn't have to...what a sweetie.

I'm not a huge JD fan musically, but I am really glad he's enjoying he's moment and is being so sweet to the fans.

+ Reply to Thread