+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Same here! Thanks again for the report LAGuy, very well written, I was actually tearing up at the end thinking about it. What a great experience this has been for you!!!

I signed up to win passes to a meet & greet with them at the concert I'm attending - hopefully I'll be as lucky as you.

Just so all you guys know... I am going to the Vegas concert.

I have a friend, that LAGuy has met at the tapings, who totally loves JD so I got him tickets for a birthday and Christmas present.

So I am sure I will run into LAGuy there. I will most likely be wearing an I Love Marty shirt though
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

giz
    I read on INXS' site today that JD will be singing the national anthem at a Maple Leafs' game today. (Saturday Nov. 26). That must be a huge thrill for him (I'm assuming he's a hockey fan)(even if he wasn't singing our anthem on national tv would be huge for anyone), I was really chuffed to read that. They also said that the band is doing a huge round of media outlets, and there should be articles in the National Post and in the Globe. I'll get the Globe today, and if anything's in it, I'll post.

Also I noticed that Pretty Vegas in in the top 10 in Australia.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    I read on INXS' site today that JD will be singing the national anthem at a Maple Leafs' game today. (Saturday Nov. 26). That must be a huge thrill for him (I'm assuming he's a hockey fan)(even if he wasn't singing our anthem on national tv would be huge for anyone), I was really chuffed to read that. They also said that the band is doing a huge round of media outlets, and there should be articles in the National Post and in the Globe. I'll get the Globe today, and if anything's in it, I'll post.

Also I noticed that Pretty Vegas in in the top 10 in Australia.
    You can download his anthem rendition from a link on JunkyardMessiah's livejournal site.

As for national tv coverage, he was also on Canada AM to sing PV and ET Canada has had extensive coverage of him and the rest of INXS leading up to the release of "Switch".

I thought J.D. did an excellent job with the National Anthem. It's not particularly musical, and it's an easy thing to mess up, but he sang it acapella with a nice strong voice. At one point the crowd started to roar, so he took a little pause and grinned up at them - classic J.D. The rest of INXS were all standing behind him, and they had all been given Leafs jerseys with their names on them.

He also seems to be handling the interview process really well. (I remember thinking the same thing on the episode of Rock Star where they did the interviews.) The one thing that is always clear is how darn grateful he is, to the point of getting teary-eyed.

J.D. also made #3 on ET Canada's list of the sexiest Canadians. (Evangeline Lilly was #2, and hockey player Sidney Crosby was #1. I think it's a national law that we have to put a hockey player at #1. )
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

giz
    Remus Lupin, thanks for the info. Now I just have to get someone to hold my hand through the downloading process! It kept asking me questions that baffled my brain. I'm going to persevere though.

Q-boots, thanks for that. I didn't have the stamina to actually watch the game (hate hockey), so I"m glad he did well.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    tracked through the new CD

polished......like a soft rock

don't even want to imagine a Marty version of the stuff

OBINXS definitely made the proper choice in JD. And I agree with Squatman, Marty just wasn't right for OB. I get a kind of scary sensation when I remember some of his performances & would really hate to have a whole album of him hollerin his way through song after song.

Listened to the new album. Love it!

LA, sounds like you had a awesome time. Thanks for sharing some of it with us.

All of you who did posts from shows totally rocked this summer and made watching the show better from the insights in your posts. Thanks!

And JD seems like a great fit and his dream got to come true. How awesome is that?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Rockstar INXS DVD

I bought the DVD on Tuesday.....and LAGuy made it on the DVD!!! It's the clip where you are clapping with your hands in the air during the first INXS mini concert at the finale when they play Pretty Vegas. You truly can enjoy the moment forever! Congrats!!!

+ Reply to Thread