+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 499

Thread: J.D.

  1. #441
    aka LAXguy LAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat
    So, are you going to be at Pala? I'll be in row 14 in B section.
    I'll be right in front of you. Row 12, Section B. We'll have to arrange to meet up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat
    (I'm guessing you're doing Gibson, Pala and Mandalay. )

  2. #442
    FORT Regular IAgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in Iowa
    Posts
    102
    Welcome back LAGuy! Can't wait to hear a report on the Virgin Megastore appearance next week.

    I live in Iowa and I even considered the Vegas show - but decided to save some $ and go to Minneapolis instead. I can't wait to hear reports from anyone who sees them before February. Only 3 1/2 months to go...

  3. #443
    dvm
    dvm is offline
    Get off the hate train.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,017
    I'm going to the Boston show and was only able to get a crappy seat at the Wang theater ... Row U. Hopefully, they'll put INXS on some sort jumbo screen.

  4. #444
    FORT Fanatic PurrpleCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I'll be right in front of you. Row 12, Section B. We'll have to arrange to meet up.

    Most defintely! Should be a good time. I'm jealous that you can hit all three shows.

    And DVM? You'll probably be able to hear us all the way in Boston before you read the report.

    I saw Elton John in Vegas last week and the girl next to me was sending photos from her phone to her roommate. We should send shots to someone to post while we're at the show.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

  5. #445
    aka LAXguy LAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by IAgirl
    Welcome back LAGuy! Can't wait to hear a report on the Virgin Megastore appearance next week.
    Sorry for the delay in posting this. It's taken me a couple days to find the words...

    As some of you probably know, the performances at the Virgin Megastore opening on Monday were cancelled due to "safety considerations". (I guess that 2 inches of water on a stage during a thunderstorm do NOT make for ideal conditions.) Our Band did a "Meet & Greet" inside the store instead, with a hoard of fans lining up for an opportunity to shake their hands and get their pictures taken. Pretty Vegas was playing continuously over the speakers - and JD even sang out couple lines. With the crowd, of course, joining in.

    Through devious planning on the part of one of my Taping Buds, a small group of us ended up with Press Passes – which allowed us to hang out in the Press Area right in front of the Meet & Greet stage, instead of back with the rest of the crowd.

    The Meet & Greet lasted about 45 minutes or so. Many fans took a moment or two to shake hands and say “Hi” to the other members of the Band, but JD was obviously the focus of most of the attention. He handled it all beautifully – smiling & friendly & engaging the whole time. (And just watching the interaction between him & the rest of the Band brings such a smile to my face. He is soooo "roit" for them!)

    Although I was supposed to be a member of the “Press”, I finally decided To Hell with this and got in line & went up on the stage. It’s all a bit of a blur – although I do remember telling Garry & Timmy that I had been at almost all of the shows and what a great summer it had been. I also congratulated Andrew on the great choice they had made. (Sorry folks: What I said to JD relates to a private matter –- No, not that kind! –- and therefore is not for public consumption.)

    As fun as the Meet & Greet was, the best was yet to come. One of our intrepid group had been chatting with an exec from Sony and, before we really knew what was happening, he had whisked us all in to the Private VIP Party! Our Band plus an Open Bar!!! I felt liked I’d died and gone to Heaven….

    We spent the next 4+ hours there – dancing, drinking, hanging out, and just enjoying the whole crazy experience. JD, Kirk, Timmy & Jon mingled freely with the crowd, and everyone who wanted to easily got at least a moment or two with each of them. (I saw Garry in a separate VIP lounge -- Paula Abdul was there, too -- but I never spotted Andrew anywhere.)

    Talking to Kirk was a hoot! When I ran into him, he was chatting with two young women. Not wanting to intrude, I simply shook his hand and said that I wanted to thank him for the great time this summer - and that I would now leave him with the ladies. But he threw his arm around my shoulder, pulled me in, and said something like "Oh, there's always room for the guys, mate." So I stayed for a few minutes, asking him about the new album (amongst other things). He said that they are finished with it, but that it was the "weirdest" album they'd ever recorded. “Why is that?” I asked. Because of the way it was done, he said, in bits & pieces over the preceding months. But he sounded very optimistic about it, and couldn't stop laughing & grinning the whole time.

    We were, of course, hoping that INXS would play a tune or two at the party. Kirk said that he was up for it – but, for whatever reason, it never happened. (Gang of Four did a set, however, and they sounded really good.)

    JD, meanwhile, was being constantly swamped with fans (& groupies & various wannabes). None of my little group threw ourselves at him, however, preferring to hang back and give him his space. Ironically, this same restraint prompted a nice little encounter with him. I was standing & talking with a couple of my Taping Buds, when JD suddenly appeared beside us. He obviously recognized us from the tapings, and swooped one of the ladies into an unexpected hug. He then said something about how overwhelmed he was by everyone’s demands on his attention. Then, indicating the 3 of us, he said, "I don't mean you guys. You guys are great." I really appreciated his acknowledgement, and thought it was an incredibly gracious thing for him to say.

    Sometime later, JD ran into me again by the bar. Finally, after all these months, I got to “officially” introduce myself to him. As I held out my hand to shake, he grinned and said, “I know who you are, man!” – and I suddenly found myself in a genuine JD man-hug! (What can I say? He’s obviously a very affectionate guy and is very comfortable expressing it.)

    For me, that hug was just the perfect way to end this whole incredible experience. I know that I have been so fortunate over the past several months. The tapings I went to, the great performances I saw, the wonderful people I met, the good times we all shared. (And that includes the wonderful folk here. You’ve all been a part of it, too!)

    Rockstar:INXS started out as "only" another reality TV show. But it became so much more than that. It became a part of my life. I honestly don’t think I will ever experience its like again.

  6. #446
    RENThead JLuvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Commuting for Work
    Posts
    6,272
    Now that made me grin

    I am so glad that you all had a great time with INXS and I am so glad you are back.

    I am planning on going the INXS concert in California that you are not going to as it is so close to where I am.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

  7. #447
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    LAGuy, what fun! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful encounter. Sounds like the band had as much fun meeting you and you did meeting them.

  8. #448
    Go Bruins! Qboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    LOST in the 70's
    Posts
    10,321
    You're my #1 hero LAGuy! Glad you had such a good time, and thanks for the recap.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

  9. #449
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Sorry for the delay in posting this. It's taken me a couple days to find the words...

    As some of you probably know, the performances at the Virgin Megastore opening on Monday were cancelled due to "safety considerations". (I guess that 2 inches of water on a stage during a thunderstorm do NOT make for ideal conditions.) Our Band did a "Meet & Greet" inside the store instead, with a hoard of fans lining up for an opportunity to shake their hands and get their pictures taken. Pretty Vegas was playing continuously over the speakers - and JD even sang out couple lines. With the crowd, of course, joining in.

    Through devious planning on the part of one of my Taping Buds, a small group of us ended up with Press Passes – which allowed us to hang out in the Press Area right in front of the Meet & Greet stage, instead of back with the rest of the crowd.

    The Meet & Greet lasted about 45 minutes or so. Many fans took a moment or two to shake hands and say “Hi” to the other members of the Band, but JD was obviously the focus of most of the attention. He handled it all beautifully – smiling & friendly & engaging the whole time. (And just watching the interaction between him & the rest of the Band brings such a smile to my face. He is soooo "roit" for them!)

    Although I was supposed to be a member of the “Press”, I finally decided To Hell with this and got in line & went up on the stage. It’s all a bit of a blur – although I do remember telling Garry & Timmy that I had been at almost all of the shows and what a great summer it had been. I also congratulated Andrew on the great choice they had made. (Sorry folks: What I said to JD relates to a private matter –- No, not that kind! –- and therefore is not for public consumption.)

    As fun as the Meet & Greet was, the best was yet to come. One of our intrepid group had been chatting with an exec from Sony and, before we really knew what was happening, he had whisked us all in to the Private VIP Party! Our Band plus an Open Bar!!! I felt liked I’d died and gone to Heaven….

    We spent the next 4+ hours there – dancing, drinking, hanging out, and just enjoying the whole crazy experience. JD, Kirk, Timmy & Jon mingled freely with the crowd, and everyone who wanted to easily got at least a moment or two with each of them. (I saw Garry in a separate VIP lounge -- Paula Abdul was there, too -- but I never spotted Andrew anywhere.)

    Talking to Kirk was a hoot! When I ran into him, he was chatting with two young women. Not wanting to intrude, I simply shook his hand and said that I wanted to thank him for the great time this summer - and that I would now leave him with the ladies. But he threw his arm around my shoulder, pulled me in, and said something like "Oh, there's always room for the guys, mate." So I stayed for a few minutes, asking him about the new album (amongst other things). He said that they are finished with it, but that it was the "weirdest" album they'd ever recorded. “Why is that?” I asked. Because of the way it was done, he said, in bits & pieces over the preceding months. But he sounded very optimistic about it, and couldn't stop laughing & grinning the whole time.

    We were, of course, hoping that INXS would play a tune or two at the party. Kirk said that he was up for it – but, for whatever reason, it never happened. (Gang of Four did a set, however, and they sounded really good.)

    JD, meanwhile, was being constantly swamped with fans (& groupies & various wannabes). None of my little group threw ourselves at him, however, preferring to hang back and give him his space. Ironically, this same restraint prompted a nice little encounter with him. I was standing & talking with a couple of my Taping Buds, when JD suddenly appeared beside us. He obviously recognized us from the tapings, and swooped one of the ladies into an unexpected hug. He then said something about how overwhelmed he was by everyone’s demands on his attention. Then, indicating the 3 of us, he said, "I don't mean you guys. You guys are great." I really appreciated his acknowledgement, and thought it was an incredibly gracious thing for him to say.

    Sometime later, JD ran into me again by the bar. Finally, after all these months, I got to “officially” introduce myself to him. As I held out my hand to shake, he grinned and said, “I know who you are, man!” – and I suddenly found myself in a genuine JD man-hug! (What can I say? He’s obviously a very affectionate guy and is very comfortable expressing it.)

    For me, that hug was just the perfect way to end this whole incredible experience. I know that I have been so fortunate over the past several months. The tapings I went to, the great performances I saw, the wonderful people I met, the good times we all shared. (And that includes the wonderful folk here. You’ve all been a part of it, too!)

    Rockstar:INXS started out as "only" another reality TV show. But it became so much more than that. It became a part of my life. I honestly don’t think I will ever experience its like again.

    I hope you are able to save your comments and descriptions you have been so wonderful to share. Having a journal or photo album of this time will be such a blessing later on to look back on and read your thoughts and comments on what was obviously a very special time in your life.

    Your posts have been eagerly awaited, much read and much appreciated. We got to live vicariously through you and got so much great insider info. I was able to scoop my friends several times thanks to you. You write very well, you are funny and talented. I don't know what you do for a living, but the writing could be a side gig if its not your main one.

    Again, many thanks for all the sharing. It was fantastic and you were very gracious all through this to us that could not see the show in person and made us feel like we were there standing beside you cheering on the contestants. You never once were condescending or bragging on the fact that you got to do what we all wanted to do. You just came across so down to earth and real. Thanks so much for that. It truly has been a pleasure.

    I have enjoyed it very much and will miss reading your comments and I certainly miss the show.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #450
    FORT Fan blue eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    186
    You took the words out of my mouth Rosie! Thank you LAGuy!
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.