+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: J.D.

giz
    Wow! No. 1! They'd better schedule some more Canadian dates, and support us for supporting them. I've got Pretty Vegas, and also Never Tear Us Apart (which he did with Suzie). He sounds great on both songs (and I love what Suzie does with her share of Never Tear Us Apart).

Ah...there is more than that of LAguy on film

I got the show on DVD finally yesterday and had fun spotting us at moments of random randomness.

As I am sure LAGuy will check back in here when he gets back from his well deserved vacation...I am going to see INXS in concert. Should be a fun concert.

Not shocked that Pretty Vegas did so well in Canada, but I am happy for JD.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Ah...there is more than that of LAguy on film

I got the show on DVD finally yesterday and had fun spotting us at moments of random randomness.
    The show is on DVD already? Where did you get the DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    The show is on DVD already? Where did you get the DVD?
    A friend of mine put the whole show on DVD for me
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    A friend of mine put the whole show on DVD for me
    Ah, now I understand. Heh.

I got Pretty Vegas (again) to support the band. It was number 11 on the US Itunes a few minutes ago.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

A Toto Connection

http://noted.blogs.com/westcoastmusic/recording_now/

Steve Lukather on new INXS album
    After months of heated speculation, INXS have embraced Canadian singer J.D. Fortune as their new lead vocalist. The new INXS will immediately head into the studio with producer Guy Chambers (Robbie Williams) to begin work on their Epic Records debut, entitled SWITCH. The highly anticipated album is scheduled for a 29 November release.
    Steve Lukather (from Toto): "I was at the INXS final taping and after party, you would think *I* was famous, hahaha. JD is actually a nice guy. I think he took a "humble pill", hahaha. He is from where Shawn is from in Canada and was way cool. Different than on TV... thank God. I LOVE those guys and I would do anything for them. I am gonna play on the new record for a laugh. They did the right thing and I wish them ALL the success."

That is so cool. I remember listening to Toto many moons ago. Glad to hear he found JD to be a nice guy and way cool. That's our boy!

Hello everyone! I haven't disappeared -- just been down in Peru for the past 12 days. (For all you TAR7 fans: I visited the Plaza de Armas in Lima, the Pisac Market, and La Merced in Cusco, which was the Pitstop for that leg of the Race. But I digress...) I'm actually still there -- my flight doesn't leave for another 3 hours. Fortunately, I was able to snag INXS tickets today to 3 different shows on their upcoming tour. Ain't technology grand???

I'm also planning on attending the Hollywood & Highland/Virgin Megastore appearance next Monday. I'll be sure to report back with the details.

I really enjoyed reading the responses to my "video" appearance. They made me feel a little less crazy. An extra special "Thanks" goes to Remus Lupin for posting that gif. I will treasure it always.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I found an article on JD's background. It's a little bit more in-depth than what is on rockstar.msn, and they also attempt to decipher JD's cryptic talk.

http://www.rockband.com/rock-star-inxs/jd-fortune.asp
    That Bio has now been updated -- with a different "ending" than it had before. (You could say that I'm, uh, close personal friends with the authors... ) People may be interested in checking, or re-checking, it out.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Hello everyone! I haven't disappeared -- just been down in Peru for the past 12 days. (For all you TAR7 fans: I visited the Plaza de Armas in Lima, the Pisac Market, and La Merced in Cusco, which was the Pitstop for that leg of the Race. But I digress...) I'm actually still there -- my flight doesn't leave for another 3 hours. Fortunately, I was able to snag INXS tickets today to 3 different shows on their upcoming tour. Ain't technology grand???

So, are you going to be at Pala? I'll be in row 14 in B section.

(I'm guessing you're doing Gibson, Pala and Mandalay. )

By the way, great to see a true TAR fan. I can say I've been to most of the TAR 8 locations, but that isn't nearly as hard.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

+ Reply to Thread