+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Dancing Close To The Edge BusyMom4Boys's Avatar
    Yeah, what fireflyer said.

This wasn't recess on the playground or Manners 101. INXS knows exactly what they're doing.

Best guy for the band got the job.

End of subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiChiGirl
    Oh man, I thought I was the only one crazy enough to sign up for the premier INXS fan club membership. I just had to get that DVD with JD on it!
    For JD fans, it's not crazy at all. I think it's a great deal.

I found an article on JD's background. It's a little bit more in-depth than what is on rockstar.msn, and they also attempt to decipher JD's cryptic talk.

http://www.rockband.com/rock-star-inxs/jd-fortune.asp

Congratulations & good luck to JD. It will be very interesting to see what happens with this experiment. I believe he was the pick from the beginning & in my more than humble opinion I think they also wanted Suzie to be final 2, but the votes kept putting her bottom 3 so they just couldn't keep her.

Dancing Close To The Edge BusyMom4Boys's Avatar
    It is beyond COOL to be driving around and hear Pretty Vegas on the radio. If you haven't heard it yet, it has been changed, slightly, to a heavier bass beat. And it is much longer than what we saw/heard on the show. JD sounds awesome, the band sounds great.

Wolf - thanks for the great link!!

I was the crazy woman singing at the top of my lungs to Pretty Vegas this morning on the way to work. LOVE IT!!!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Congratulations JD! You are living proof that, sometimes, dreams really DO come true.

Thanks for all your and JLuvs extra insights.

JD wasn't my favourite (that distinction went to Marty) and sometimes his gamesmanship turned me off, but I can't help but be happy for the guy.

As I've read more and more background articles, it seems to me that show producers really amped up the controversy more than was perhaps actually warranted, just to create a villain and some drama.

This quote from one of JD's blog entries really gave me some insight into his character:

Remember to always believe in yourself my friends. If anyone calls you a dreamer remind them that the building they work in came from a dreamer, the car they're driving came from a dreamer. The computer they love, the cell phone they use, movies and music they escape in - all came from dreamers.

I believe in you.
    Your dreamer 448

I loved that quote too. Some of the stuff he writes is kinda cheesy, but you can't question his dreamer statement at all. He's right-on with that.

Here is a pretty interesting article about JD's fairy tale ending. I must say that I love reading all of the articles on JD.

Rock Star: INXS Winner Is Controversial J.D. Fortune
    In the beginning, we didn’t think too much of J.D. Fortune. We compared his dancing style to “the Seinfield episode with Elaine doing her horrible little dance with the kicks and the thumbs up.” We accused J.D. of copping an attitude when he told INXS in regards to the other singers, “while they’re learning the INXS songs, I know them because I love them.” After a lackluster performance of “Suspicious Minds,” we even asked “Is it time for J.D. Fortune to go?”

But somewhere along the way, J.D. Fortune grew on us. Maybe, it was because he was the first one to treat the show like the competition it was. Maybe, it was because his rebellious antics started to amuse us. From wearing an obscene t-shirt to kissing Dave Navarro to starting a food fight, J.D. Fortune livened up the show.

Another big reason that J.D. Fortune grew on us is that he quite simply became a better performer during the course of the show. The J.D. Fortune that electrified the crowd with his rocking original song “Pretty Vegas” was a far cry from the nervous guy with the awkward dance that started the show. Watching J.D. grow during the course of the show made us start rooting for him to succeed.

However, the main reason we wound up liking J.D. Fortune was never more evident than it was in the Rock Star: INXS finale. At the beginning of the show, Dave Navarro asked J.D. if he thought of driving his new Honda Civic into the pool, and J.D. replied “I did, but then I thought where am I going to live if this doesn’t work out.” All three performers did great during their individual performances, but there was something in J.D.’s eyes that said he wanted it more. You could see J.D.’s heart pounding after INXS eliminated MiG and put Marty and J.D. into the final two.

On stage performing with INXS, both Marty’s performance of “Don’t Change” and J.D.’s performance of “What You Need” were incredible, but J.D. worked hard to spotlight the band during his performance. As Marty and Mig stood on stage awaiting INXS’ decision, J.D. was sweating bullets. Watching J.D. collapse on the stage after INXS selected him for their band showed just how much he really wanted it. We couldn’t help feeling good about seeing a guy go from living in his car to fronting one of the most famous rock bands in the world. It was also good to see INXS invite Marty Casey to possibly be an opening act for their world tour, because Marty will undoubtedly go on to a very successful career in his own right. Rock Star: INXS gave us one of those rare real life happy endings.
    http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2005/09/rock_star_inxs__10.html

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I have never been more excited about someone winning on a reality tv show like I was when JD won. It was awesome!
    LOL... this was the most bummed I've been after any reality show since Richard Hatch won. Not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf

All three performers did great during their individual performances, but there was something in J.D.’s eyes that said he wanted it more.

Watching J.D. collapse on the stage after INXS selected him for their band showed just how much he really wanted it.
    This is what makes me love him so much. You could *see* how much it meant to him. He wears his heart on his sleeve. He's open, he puts his foot in his mouth, and his people skills could probably use some work BUT he's not mean-spririted, he's forgiving, he's always up for a good time, he's lyrical, he's passionate and he really, really, REALLY loves INXS. It made my night seeing his dream come true!

+ Reply to Thread