+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

giz
    I can't get it to install. My expert is out at a game right now. Were there any other tidbits worth reporting LAGuy?

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Were there any other tidbits worth reporting LAGuy?
    Not really. They are fairly short clips. But it's nice to see the interaction between JD & Kirk. (FYI, there were bogus Internet reports that Kirk had quit the Band in protest over their selection of JD. I kid you not!) And his Mom is just one of the sweetest people I've ever met.

But how about these tidbits?

LIVE JD REPORT – THE FINALE

During the short Q&A with Dave at the beginning, JD was undoubtedly expecting a question relating to the Reality Show, song-writing with Andrew, etc. But when Dave instead asked him about how he felt winning a New! Honda! Civic! JD tried really hard to give a straight answer. “Ummm, I can’t express how great it is…” He then started listing its features, but could scarcely keep the grin off his face. After he finally gave up and made the remark about having a new place to live, Dave said something like, “Yeah, I couldn’t believe they had me ask that. I thought it was a pretty stupid question myself.”

JD’s Mom & several of his cousins were upstairs on the balcony (as were MiG’s & Marty’s families). So when you see him point up there during his performances, that’s what that’s all about. His Dad was also present, seated down below (as he apparently couldn’t stand for the length of time required). [If you know anything about JD, you’ll know that this meant A LOT to him.]

When he finished YCAGWYW, he looked up at his mom and mouthed “That’s it” – as if to say that he had now done everything he could do and that it was out of his hands.

I said in the Finale Thread that I couldn’t remember JD talking after he was told he was “roit fer ah bend”. But I’ve since remembered one thing he said. Standing out on the edge of the stage, he pointed up to his family and said to INXS: “That’s my Mom up there.” Then he looked up at his Mom and said, “Mom, this is the Band I’ve been telling you about.”

In the mini-concert at the end of the taping, JD first sang Easy Easy with a lyric sheet in his hand. He glanced at it a few times, but was able to do most of the song without its help. After the second take, he wadded up the lyric sheets and threw them out into the audience. (Wish I had grabbed one…)

Repeated from the Finale Thread: After they did Easy Easy the first time, they performed New Sensation and Need You Tonight. Because they obviously wanted to have Easy Easy featured on the show, they brought in a Steadicam and the stage manager announced that they would be doing it again. There was no audience reaction. So JD stepped up and said something like "I don't think y'all heard. We're going to do Easy Easy - a New! INXS! Song! – again!" The crowd cheered – and Our Band looked mighty pleased. (The guy knows how to work a room.)

I think it was after the second go-round of Easy Easy that JD asked the producers, “Are we free (of the cameras) yet?” After getting a “Yes”, he turned to the audience and simply said, “We’re INXS.” We all went berserk! (The guy really knows how to work a room!)

When JD was singing Never Tear Us Apart, he left the stage and made his way through the crowd to where the other Rockers were seated. He passed the microphone amongst them, and most of them took turns singing a line or two. It was a really beautiful moment.

At one point during Pretty Vegas, JD came in early on one of the verses. (It was, after all, the first time he’d performed the complete song for an audience.) He caught himself, turned and looked sheepishly at the Band. Garry Gary (who grinned like a Cheshire Cat throughout the whole set) shook his finger “NO” at him and laughed. Meanwhile, Paul (of the House Band) was sitting with his wife on the edge of the Rockers Pod near me and was just singing along with the chorus full blast.

Finally, this says it all.

Congratulations JD! You are living proof that, sometimes, dreams really DO come true.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Finally, this says it all.

Congratulations JD! You are living proof that, sometimes, dreams really DO come true.

Frist of all, THANKS LAGUY! You are awesome.

2nd: That photo is funny because the angle makes it look like JD borrowed Ty's Mohawk!

Finally, going to the inxs.com site is really cool as JD's photo is at the top as part of the band. Awesome!
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

he pointed up to his family and said to INXS: “That’s my Mom up there.” Then he looked up at his Mom and said, “Mom, this is the Band I’ve been telling you about.”
    Awww....that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. JD really wanted to win bad, and I'm so glad he was able to fulfill his dream. I have never been more excited about someone winning on a reality tv show like I was when JD won. It was awesome!

There was no audience reaction. So JD stepped up and said something like "I don't think y'all heard. We're going to do Easy Easy - a New! INXS! Song! – again!" The crowd cheered – and Our Band looked mighty pleased. (The guy knows how to work a room.)
    That's our boy. He is a natural at this. I can't wait to see him in concert.

congrats.....and he's Canadian!

giz
    thanks so much, LAGuy, you and JLuvs have added so much to my appreciation of the show. It's been a great ride.

Standing out on the edge of the stage, he pointed up to his family and said to INXS: “That’s my Mom up there.” Then he looked up at his Mom and said, “Mom, this is the Band I’ve been telling you about.”
    Thanks for all your inside info LAGuy (and JLuvs too!!). It is soooo nice to get an unscripted perspective from someone who was there. It has done a lot to counteract some of the sneaky editing we have seen through the season.

I am sooo happy for JD
    I miss this show already

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    OK fellow JD fans, I have hit a new low... I just paid $45 to be a premium member of INXS' fan club now... is that sick or what? I know, I know. But it's a small price to pay if you are guaranteed a DVD of the band with JD, right?

I am sooooo happy for him!!!!

You're not alone! I did it yesterday afternoon, too! I didn't give myself a chance to think about it.

There are a couple of short videos of Tara's interview with JD & Kirk and JD & his mom at canada.com
    They take awhile to load, so be patient.

It's interesting that Kirk says that one of the turning points for him was when JD broke away from his group during the Songwriting Clinic to do his "own thing".
    Awesome! Kirk backs up what I wrote awhile ago, about the whole JD doing-his-own-song scandal being nothing more than a dirty, blown-out-of-propotion Burnett editing scandal, rather than a true moral issue with the band. The band didn't give a rip!

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    But I still think it was just a farce. The band is not second-grade teachers. For the people experienced enough and talented enough for this audition, the time has long passed for lessons in "teamwork" and "compatibility". I think the OBINXS is being suckered in to these lame story plots by the producers, but I don't believe that "teamwork" is the bands' #1 priority, at all! There are an INFINITE number of team players -- a dime a dozen. That's not what this show is about. The politically correct lessons are just a ruse, to retain the show's bread-basket viewing audience.

The "lesson" about playing well with others was featured by Burnett so people would end the evening with a positive feeling about the band (thus, about the show) and would tune in next week.

If you read between the lines, you see that the "bad" guy -- the guy who "failed" at the lesson -- has been allowed to sing his song 4 times. Meanwhile, the other two songs in that lesson have never been heard from again.

If the band's true intention was to teach the contestants a lesson, they never would've allowed so many repetitions of the violating song.

So, I guess people can take from it whatever lesson they want, but the reality is that the band rewards musical strength, not kindergarten lessons in "getting along". Our Band is not a parent to these contestants. The band is just seeking a great talent.

And the reality is, if anyone learned a lesson I think it was OB.

Fireflyer, you posted my thoughts exactly, while the songwriting show was airing. I couldn't help but wonder what the big deal was. Lots of creative people have differences. Egos are involved. Creativity is involved. So what if people have differences on how things should work, ie. collaboration. What INXS wanted, IMO, was a kick-ass song. JD brought them that song, and it will be released as a new single. They loved the song. JD wasn't willing to forfeit his creativity and go along with what the group wanted (which was a crappy song in comparison to JDs).

+ Reply to Thread