+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Lois and giz.

I agree with both of you. There was no mention of JD donating the car on the Sunday (Monday for Canadians) episode. Does that mean JD changed his mind or did/will he just do it quietly? Was he being genuine (typing that word makes me think of Suzie saying "genu-wine-ly" over and over) or selfish or some combination of both? I'm really not sure. That's what happens when you try to judge people simply by viewing minutes of heavily edited footage a week.

WE HAVE A VIEWING PARTY SITE!!!! Here is a link: http://proofnyc.com/index.html

Please join all of us everclearians to a finale viewing party in New York City. I love Marty too so you're invited even if you drink Kool-aid or Milk and Cookies.

Place: Proof (Sports Bar)
    239 3rd Avenue
    Downstairs bar
    Time: 9pm to get acquainted with one another, get drinks and get ready for the finale.

The have a full bar and menu in case you want food with your drinks.

Please rsvp by responding to this thread or email ROCKSTARINXS@yahoo.com if you plan to attend. If we have over 60 people, they will bring in another bartender and waitress. I need to let them know by noon on Tuesday.

COME ONE, COME ALL, EVEN IF YOU LIKE MIG...LOL

DIRECTIONS:
    Directions: 3rd Street between 19th and 20th. BY SUBWAY: You can take the N,R,4,5,6 trains and get off at Union Square. Head east to 3rd Avenue and go left. From Penn Station: you need to take two trains. Walk over to Herald Square and jump on B or D south and change trains on Broadway/Lafayette St to the 4-5-6 trains north to Union Square station. From Times Square: take the N-R south to the 14th Street station and then walk east to 3rd Street and north to Proof.

I am sure there are many other paths you can take. That is a few off the top of my head. Here is a link to the MTA Subway map: http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    In an ideal world! We could go back and forth about that forever, but I could posit that him posting that he was thinking about giving the car away could encourage other people to give to hurricane relief.
    My guess is those who wanted to donate would do so willingly regardless of what their favorite star did or didn't do.

If he does go through with his promise, he's giving away something he won (although after taxes, he'll have shelled out some of his own money...again, I'm not sure how taxes work on prizes...). If fans won something around the same time he did, maybe they would've been inspired to donate them like he did. But giving from your own bank account and giving away something you won are totally different things--both are inarguably generous, but different. I've done both. Certainly nothing to the level of a car, but it made less of an impact on my pursestrings when I donated something I got for free as opposed to part of my savings for a cause I believed in.

Don't get me wrong, if the end result is that a family that needs it gets a car they could really use, I don't care what his motives are for giving it away. But I wonder if anyone thinks Marty and MiG look like asses for keeping their cars...

Like I said before, if he decides to keep the car within his own family, that's understandable as well, especially if he's as poor as some people say he is/was. But I don't think he announced his decision to possibly give away his car without at least thinking about how it might make him come across--that's human nature and he's a Human Being.

Look, if I was on a reality television series, I'm sure I would come across as a conniving little brat because I would be sooooooooooooo self conscious about what I was saying and doing and how I was coming across. I think the producers pick up on each person's insecurities and make that his/her "role." JD was very forthright in the beginning and that became set in stone. Suzie was the crier. MiG became the "sap" who let people walk over him. Marty was the intense screamer. Ty was cast as the angry black man. Etc. Etc. Etc.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    Was he being genuine (typing that word makes me think of Suzie saying "genu-wine-ly" over and over)

TOO FREAKING FUNNY! I can hear her saying that now...

FORT Fan

What does 448 mean?

I have read a lot of the threads, I must have missed it somewhere.

Anyone know the significance?

JD has refused to answer that question beyond saying he sees the number at lucky times.

MRD
    GOOOOOO JD. Tonight is your night! I hope the numbers 448 are popping up for you everywhere today!

I can't imagine you not winning.

Beaming positive energy all the way to California from Florida for you! Take it ALL man!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I am soooo nervous!!
    I'm a grown woman!! What have you done to me JD!?

myrosiedog - I'm with you. I just can't imagine him not winning, although I am preparing for the worst.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Blonde
    I am soooo nervous!!
    I'm a grown woman!! What have you done to me JD!?

myrosiedog - I'm with you. I just can't imagine him not winning, although I am preparing for the worst.
    I know how you feel. I almost feel like it's my wedding day or I just went into labor. That nervous excitement, not knowing what's coming.....

I have been just kind of pacing around all day. Today is like Christmas Eve when I was a child. That was the longest day of the year waiting for the next day, Christmas to get here.

Today feels like that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yes! Today feels like Christmas Eve -- only you're worried that Santa might not have gotten your wishlist!

How many minutes to go?

+ Reply to Thread