+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

FORT Fan
    JLuvs, LAGuy,
    Was the finale taped on Sunday as usual, or will they do the finale on Tuesday? Either way, can't wait until JD is announced the winner!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan
    Does anyone know if the final 3 will be singing the songs they worked on during the songwriting clinic (shown on the Sunday recap show)?
    From what they said on the show, they are indeed going to be singing those songs. It will be the ones that they wrote with Andrew and the one cover that they each choose at the end of the show. I wish that they would perform three songs. The third being an old INXS song.
    Last edited by Mertii; 09-19-2005 at 03:44 PM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertii
    From what they said on the show, they are indeed going to be singing those songs. It will be the ones that they wrote with Andrew and the one cover that they each choose at the end of the show. I wish that they would perform three songs. The third being an old INXS song.
    Thanks, I must have missed that.

JLuvs, LAGuy,
    Was the finale taped on Sunday as usual, or will they do the finale on Tuesday? Either way, can't wait until JD is announced the winner!
    The finale is being taped Tuesday morning. And, yes, both JLuvs and I should be there.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    The finale is being taped Tuesday morning. And, yes, both JLuvs and I should be there.
    Great news. How does that work, do you all have to sign some sort of non-disclosure agreement or something in order to keep it a secret until airtime. Just seems with that many people, the cat's going to get out of the bag before the show airs.

Great news. How does that work, do you all have to sign some sort of non-disclosure agreement or something in order to keep it a secret until airtime. Just seems with that many people, the cat's going to get out of the bag before the show airs.
    Yes, we sign a Non-Disclosure -- but that never seems to keep stuff from leaking out. Because of that, we've been wondering if they'll do something different for the Finale. Like maybe not reveal the winner with the whole audience there. Or maybe keep us all captive until after the show airs.

It should be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Or maybe keep us all captive until after the show airs.
    Be sure to take provisions just in case this is happens I hope you have a great time. I'm so jealous. I wish I could be there, but I'll have to settle for watching it on tv. *sigh*

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Seadog, I think maybe you do need to watch some Jimmy Stewart. I think that's a huge gesture. J.D. is from a poor family from a poor province. I would imagine a brand new car would be a bit of a big deal for him. What does the guy have to do to get a break?
    First of all, let me just say I hate "It's a Wonderful Life." Love Jimmy Stewart, but that movie doesn't tug at my heartstrings the way it tries to.

Actually, I just read JD's blog and he said he's thinking about donating the car to a poor family in New Orleans. That doesn't mean he's going to do it or has done it. He probably will do it (especially since he said it in public already). But if the guy changes his mind and decides to keep it or give it to his mom or sister, I won't hold it against him.

Like I said in an earlier post, regardless of the whys and whats, if that car actually gets to a poor family in New Orleans (or anywhere), good for them. It'd be nice if Mark Burnett would pay the taxes on the car for that family. I wouldn't expect JD to do that since he's going to have to pay taxes for winning the car anyways. (I think...any CPAs here who can verify that?)

That said, a generous man doesn't have to announce his generosity. The deed itself is his reward.

FORT Newbie
    If JD doesn't win, I will really be upset. Since Janelle lost BB6, I'm placing all my bets on JD. He is definitly the most MH like of any of the contestants. And Marty already has a successful band that NEEDS him. And Mig is tooooooooooo theater-ish to be the front man for INXS.

GO JD!

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    That said, a generous man doesn't have to announce his generosity. The deed itself is his reward.
    In an ideal world! We could go back and forth about that forever, but I could posit that him posting that he was thinking about giving the car away could encourage other people to give to hurricane relief. I still think we should give him the benefit of the doubt, and say "good for him". If you are convinced that he was Mr. Evil at the beginning of the episode, is there anything he could do to show he had grown or gained redemption? I guess I'm more of a sucker than I like to think, but I am willing to assume that people can be good, and if they are not good then they can *act* good and in the repetition of this acting their hearts will follow their habits. Judaism 101.

+ Reply to Thread