+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Well, FWIW, Brooke Burke said in an interview that she thinks JD will win it. Here's a snippet. Sorry, not sure if I can post the link as the site it is on has fan forums.

REX: And.. Finally… Who’s gonna win the gig?

Brooke:* I’d say J.D.

REX:* Why Mr. Fortune?

Brooke:* He’s got thang. He’s sexy and he fits the band.* I don’t know if Marty needs the band to continue on his path… And, Mig is already a star.* But, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mig slips in there.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I know, I know, many think Marty did well with "Don't Change" on Wed night, but to me it was still in that intense, vein-in-the-forehead-pulsing, flailing arms, manic conductor way of his, which I just can't picture as INXS.
    I agree... I like Marty tho.
    He screamed the hell outta DOOOOOOOOOOONTTTTTTT CHAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGGEEE!!! But I loved it.

So serious!

I love Marty's voice- but Im thinking JD will win.

MRD
    Just read on the Rocker Blogs that JD is donating his new Honda Civic to a New Orleans family. I was blown away. That is extremely generous and selfless.

I have liked JD from the beginning. I know he's been a butt a few times, but anyone that would think to do this can't be that bad. He may have acted like a butt, but I think he does have a heart. And this proves it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by thablaquekatt
    I agree... I like Marty tho.
    He screamed the hell outta DOOOOOOOOOOONTTTTTTT CHAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGGEEE!!! But I loved it.

So serious!

I love Marty's voice- but Im thinking JD will win.
    DOOOOOOOOOOONTTTTTTT CHAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGGEEE for me was THE best INXS performance by far this year. Makes me almost believe that Marty actually has a small chance to win this thing... despite everything pointing to a JD win. If thats what Marty means by meeting INXS half-way, I like it, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Just read on the Rocker Blogs that JD is donating his new Honda Civic to a New Orleans family. I was blown away. That is extremely generous and selfless.

I have liked JD from the beginning. I know he's been a butt a few times, but anyone that would think to do this can't be that bad. He may have acted like a butt, but I think he does have a heart. And this proves it.
    The cynical person in me says that JD is desperately trying to ditch the A-hole image he seemed to try so hard to create, now that he realizes it may cost him the gig.

Or maybe it's just me and I need to go watch "It's a Wonderful Life" a couple times...

giz
    Seadog, I think maybe you do need to watch some Jimmy Stewart. I think that's a huge gesture. J.D. is from a poor family from a poor province. I would imagine a brand new car would be a bit of a big deal for him. What does the guy have to do to get a break?

I thought my JD friends might enjoy this article from a Halifax paper I stumbled upon while looking for something else. This interview was published Tuesday, before the elimination of Suzie.

http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2005...nt211.raw.html
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog

Sometimes, the sheep can come in a wolf's clothes to guard himself from his own insecurties. Maybe he learned just to quit reacting and get down to business.

I have rooted at different times for each of the final three. Marty starting losing me somewhere back there and I don't know why, the interview--was the end. MiG, I still voted for and of course, JD. Hope that JD wins and works his butt off for INXS and gives as good as he gets. (Sorry, MiG -- I think you are great, too.)

Yeah for JD, for keeping his friend-from-WAY-back George Canyon in the limelight too. I don't care what all the haters say. There is no way JD is a selfish, egotistical @#$%@#%. Some people just need to believe the worst in others. JD is a big heart.

FORT Fan
    Does anyone know if the final 3 will be singing the songs they worked on during the songwriting clinic (shown on the Sunday recap show)?

+ Reply to Thread