+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mertii
    Suzie and MiG had to perform two new songs vs. Marty/JD preforming their own songs (if they screwed them up... who would really know. They have the artistic license to do what they want with them.) That leaves them with one new song that they have to work on with the band.
    But, I think that's fair. If Mig and Suzie had done a better job on their originals, it would've been them singing encores instead of JD & Marty. Why should Suzie and Mig get to move up to "even ground" with JD & Marty when they didn't deserve to? This contest is for a real job, and in real life there are payoffs for good performance and hard work ahead for poor performance. Marty & JD earned their encores by being better.

And keep in mind: the fact that they'd already performed the songs once in no way makes their performance "easier" the next time. When you're doing a repeat, you have to work to devise a way to make the song just as fresh and exciting as the first time. That's not easy, at all! We always tend to remember the first time most.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    ????
    "Money" is a TOUGH song to sing! If you don't believe me, play a karaoke tape and record yourself singing to it with your best effort. Then listen to the playback.
    I have before and had no real problem. The timing is a little odd, but its not as diffcult as they were trying to sell it as. I still hold that it is not as hard as the other songs that were handed out this week like "Creep." Now you do the same thing... try to keep vocals the same and tell me if you sound any good at all doing it. "Creep" easily becomes cringe worthy especially if you keep true to the original vocals.
    Last edited by Mertii; 09-16-2005 at 02:52 AM.

We always tend to remember the first time most.
    This is very very true. But in turn, it also means performing a famous song that is not yours even harder, since you have to make it your own. And isn't this part of what they are trying to do.... find someone who can not only sing new INXS songs, but do the old ones justice.

I am pretty sure if I sang "Creep" it would be cringeworthy!

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Haha!

It's interesting to hear some people say that they threw Marty a fastball down the middle. Creep couldn't have been easy for him to sing because of the range. I mean... crap, he had to break out a falsetto! The challenge to that song is the range - and we know that Marty's range is not as great as others' range, especially MiG's. But Miggy needs to work in his lower register, something sultry...
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

I am pretty sure if I sang "Creep" it would be cringeworthy!
    Hehe... It's okay. I think that's one song where the rest of band grabbed the lead singer's balls in order to get those sounds out of him. I don't think the pain would be worth it There is pain for your art and then there is PAIN for your art.

I used to like JD before I realised that he could actually end up being the lead of INXS.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra40
    Then what was thier rationale for giving Marty "trees" again? Money is not an easy song to sing. Like JD said, timing is everything. You make one little mistake in your timing and your song is derailed. He soared right through that song, very impressive. How were Mig, Marty and Suzies songs easier?
    "Money" isn't really that hard a song to sing. "Kiss From A Rose" is much tougher. I think JD got thrown a couple of softballs.

And keep in mind: the fact that they'd already performed the songs once in no way makes their performance "easier" the next time. When you're doing a repeat, you have to work to devise a way to make the song just as fresh and exciting as the first time. That's not easy, at all! We always tend to remember the first time most.
    I'm not sure that acoustic was the way to go for Trees but Marty needed to do the same song two weeks in a row so he felt he had to do something different. That made Trees a tough song for him this week. (Sorry if I'm talking Marty in a JD thread)

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    The Performance Votes between Marty & JD may have been very close at the end. (Actually, I think at this stage of the competition, the difference between the Top 2 and the Bottom 3 is pretty small.) Maybe everytime a JD Fan threw a vote to the Encore, a Marty Fan was still voting for the Performance. Hence Marty ends up with more Performance Votes and JD more Encore Votes.
    My guess is that JD (and Marty) were getting encore votes from Suzie and MiG fans. People vote to try to keep Suzie and MiG safe but they didn't vote for them on the encore as much.

+ Reply to Thread