+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan
    JD is the only one that hypes up the crowd, etc. while introducing the next song.
    Acutally, I think you are both wrong and right. Sometimes he is good at talking to the crowd, but sometimes he is miserible at it and loses the momentum he worked up in the previous song. Last night is a prime example. I think he brought the crowd down with his intro to "Money." The crowd was already worked up, he didn't need a long overdone intro. Plus, the intro was chessy and the crowd just seemed to be like "okay, we get it... just sing the song." I was disappointed. By the time he was at the first chorus for "money," I could careless and was just wanting it to end so we could see Marty or MiG.

I think that giving him "pretty vegas" again was a bad choice for INXS. But I guess they realize that JD sometimes can't deliver on some songs. They want to keep him around, so they gave him two of the easier selections. Repeat a song for a third time and "money" really isn't that diffcult to sing vs. some of the others they choose for Marty, Suzie, and MiG. Since this is their band and their choice, who can blame them

Falling deeper for JD

The longer I watch this show, the more perfect I find JD for this job. He has the most INTERESTING voice to listen to, in my opinion. (Suzie's is the strongest and prettiest--JD has a lot more variation. He's the best and most versatile performer. I always giggle at something or other when he is up and not any of the others. I do agree that the banter in between can work against him sometimes. Like, one question to the audience can be good, but three can be annoying. Nevertheless, he's completely riveting. I think he was being honest when he said the cockiness was a way to set him apart when he was nervous. He's totally awesome. The whole show for me now is going through the motions required before he can be crowned.

giz
    The thing I like about JD's looks (besides that he looks a lot like a younger version of my brother, which kind of nullifies his sex appeal for me), is that he's got a real twinkle in his eye. Marty has nice bone structure, and MiG does too, but MiG has one of those scrawny little bodies, whereas JD looks like a man. He's got that kind of working-class face, that I appreciate, and I think if he can act at all he'd be interesting to watch in films. Still think he looks a little like a rougher Pierce Brosnan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mertii
    I think that giving him "pretty vegas" again was a bad choice for INXS. But I guess they realize that JD sometimes can't deliver on some songs. They want to keep him around, so they gave him two of the easier selections. Repeat a song for a third time and "money" really isn't that diffcult to sing vs. some of the others they choose for Marty, Suzie, and MiG. Since this is their band and their choice, who can blame them
    I think they gave the originals because they want to hype them. They're hoping for singles from one or both of those songs.

FORT Newbie
    Then what was thier rationale for giving Marty "trees" again? Money is not an easy song to sing. Like JD said, timing is everything. You make one little mistake in your timing and your song is derailed. He soared right through that song, very impressive. How were Mig, Marty and Suzies songs easier?

ETA: As far as Creep ( a song Marty should have nailed), I don't think he delivered. His notes were all over the place and his falsetto and scream at the end were cringeworthy. JMO>
    Last edited by Libra40; 09-15-2005 at 11:06 PM.

Sometimes he is good at talking to the crowd, but sometimes he is miserible at it and loses the momentum he worked up in the previous song. Last night is a prime example. I think he brought the crowd down with his intro to "Money."
    We were not brought down at all.
    Plus, the intro was chessy and the crowd just seemed to be like "okay, we get it... just sing the song."
    In fact, there was a lot more to his intro than what was shown, and it had nothing to do with the song Money.
    ..."money" really isn't that diffcult to sing vs. some of the others they choose for Marty, Suzie, and MiG.
    As Libra40 pointed out, the timing is very tricky in the song. And both Dave and Timmy said how difficult the song was to sing.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    In fact, there was a lot more to his intro than what was shown, and it had nothing to do with the song Money.
    What else did he say!!??

I guess they realize that JD sometimes can't deliver on some songs. They want to keep him around, so they gave him two of the easier selections. Repeat a song for a third time and "money" really isn't that diffcult to sing vs. some of the others they choose for Marty, Suzie, and MiG.
    ????
    "Money" is a TOUGH song to sing! If you don't believe me, play a karaoke tape and record yourself singing to it with your best effort. Then listen to the playback.

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    I think they gave the originals because they want to hype them. They're hoping for singles from one or both of those songs.
    But INXS can't have a single with Marty's song, since it was already a Lovehammers song, written by Lovehammers and performed by Loverhammers prior to this TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Libra40
    Then what was thier rationale for giving Marty "trees" again?
    It has already been stated further up. But I'll say it again. INXS is either pushing for these to be released as singles or are trying to help these guys with a solo career. INXS is a group of nice guys and I can see them helping out people that have talent, even if they are not right for their band. Kudos to INXS for being cool guys like that

Quote Originally Posted by Libra40
    How were Mig, Marty and Suzies songs easier?
    ??? I didn't say that they were. I said.... "Repeat a song for a third time and "money" really isn't that diffcult to sing vs. some of the others they choose for Marty, Suzie, and MiG." Meaning that theirs were harder. Suzie and MiG had to perform two new songs vs. Marty/JD preforming their own songs (if they screwed them up... who would really know. They have the artistic license to do what they want with them.) That leaves them with one new song that they have to work on with the band. Plus, I will still hold that Creep is far harder to sing than Money. But MiG and Suzie really got the raw end of the deal this past week.

LAGuy-Cool that you were there in the audience. I have to point out that INXS are doing a reality tv show for Mark Burnett. Mark Burnett can edit the band and the "rockers" to suit his and the band's needs. Keep in mind that Mark Burnett likes to build "drama." Not that it's a bad thing... just a fact of reality tv (which I love ).

+ Reply to Thread