+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Yes, we were both there.

SPOILER:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Pretty Vegas was substantially the same
    Did INXS explain why they wanted to hear Pretty Vegas yet again? I must admit, it's a good song, but I'm failing to understand why JD and Marty were asked to sing their original songs again and why MiG and Susie got the standard cover songs.

Quote Originally Posted by BaBySpiCe
    Can someone please explain to me why on JD's blog he says the number 448? After every blog he does?
    In the Sunday show couple of weeks ago the rockers got tattoos - JD got this number tattooed on his neck. He said something about how this number seemed to be related to every big moment/event in his life. No specifics were included.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Eeep. I came off like a prude about JD's shirt - and I'm really not. The shirt was funny, actually I would wear it in certain circumstances - but not on a tv show where I am trying to get a job for the next 20 to 30 years (per JD). Just bad judgment on his part, I think. I'm really trying to like him in the lead position, but I don't know.... ...tough call!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher
    In the Sunday show couple of weeks ago the rockers got tattoos - JD got this number tattooed on his neck. He said something about how this number seemed to be related to every big moment/event in his life. No specifics were included.
    Thank you for clearing that up for me buddy!
    like totally freak me out i mean right on!

JD's most recent blog entry features some song lyrics he is working on. At the end of it, he posts the following:
    These are the words to a song I'm working on.
    Itís inspired by some very great women.
    Honest women who adopt children and give of themselves
    In order to make a difference.
    Women who create websites and maintain them out of love. Women from Australia - Yosemite and the world.

Thank you ladies I can't wait to see you all again.
    I just thought some people might be interested to know that there is, in fact, a real woman from Yosemite -- someone who I have met at the tapings and have become quite close to. She has been at most of the shows -- driving 5 hours each way, accompanied by several of her daughters. She loves JD, and hangs out by the Rockers' pod (even more than JLuvs does.) She is a fabulous, fun & funny person -- and I am proud to consider her one of my Rockstar friends. To serve as an inspiration for a song by JD has put her on Cloud 9, and I am soooo happy for her.

I think it says something wonderful about JD, too. He has nothing to gain by doing this. No angle to play; no tricks up his sleeve. He's just being a really warm & compassionate person. I can't even tell you how touched I am that he would do this. I already love the guy, but this has only increased my estimation of him.

I just wanted to share this with y'all. Hope you don't mind.

I am glad that you chose to post that here LAGuy as she is truly one of the nicest people I have met. She deserves the shout out from JD.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I think last night proved to me that JD or Suzie are the only ones I would want fronting my band. JD was on top of his game once again & showed great vocals in both songs. I presume the woman LAGuy is talking about is the same one that JD went to hug just as the show ended?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    JD's most recent blog entry features some song lyrics he is working on. At the end of it, he posts the following:

I just thought some people might be interested to know that there is, in fact, a real woman from Yosemite -- someone who I have met at the tapings and have become quite close to. She has been at most of the shows -- driving 5 hours each way, accompanied by several of her daughters. She loves JD, and hangs out by the Rockers' pod (even more than JLuvs does.) She is a fabulous, fun & funny person -- and I am proud to consider her one of my Rockstar friends. To serve as an inspiration for a song by JD has put her on Cloud 9, and I am soooo happy for her.

I think it says something wonderful about JD, too. He has nothing to gain by doing this. No angle to play; no tricks up his sleeve. He's just being a really warm & compassionate person. I can't even tell you how touched I am that he would do this. I already love the guy, but this has only increased my estimation of him.

I just wanted to share this with y'all. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks so much for mentioning this, LAGuy! I actually know of Carol and Melanie through postings and what not (ok mostly because of our shared love/lust for this man). You nailed it perfectly! Both ladies are wonderful and for JD to compose a song to them is beyond words to me.

FORT Fan
    The thing that most impresses me about JD is that he *IS* a performer. The others are good singers, but I can't see them on stage in front of 20,000 fans interacting with the crowd like you see bands do throughout their 2-hr set.

To me this is very apparent looking at how the final four are inbetween songs in their two-song sets the last couple weeks. JD is the only one that hypes up the crowd, etc. while introducing the next song.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    <<These are the words to a song I'm working on.
    Itís inspired by some very great women.
    Honest women who adopt children and give of themselves
    In order to make a difference.
    Women who create websites and maintain them out of love. Women from Australia - Yosemite and the world.>>

Hey, that is a nice sentiment. But the women who create websites, is he talking about websites for adoption etc., or is he talking about fans creating websites out of love for him? Sorry, I'm confused. If it's for adoption, rock on. If it's for him, that's cute, but not nearly as touching. Still, it was nice for him to acknowledge them.

+ Reply to Thread