+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Hmmm. Interesting. I've been thinking about this for a while - I've decided that wearing that shirt was a bad judgment call on JD's behalf. There's a time and a place for everything. I don't think wearing that particular shirt on a tv show on broadcast tv during prime time is appropriate. jmo
    I see your point, but honestly, I don't think 95% of the viewing audience would have caught the phrase, so I think the brou-ha-ha (sp?) about it is much ado about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy

And that was all I was trying to get at, Seadog. These are all our various opinions -- and I think most of us can respectfully disagree as long as that is clear. But when opinions are stated as if they are "facts" then it automatically puts all of us who don't agree "in the wrong". I didn't mean any offense by it, but was just pointing out that there is, in fact, a difference in said opinions.

There are all kinds of ways for that to happen. Since we don't know what the final vote totals were (for both the Encore and the Bottom 3) it's impossible to figure out what precisely went on. Here are some possibilities:

The Performance Votes between Marty & JD may have been very close at the end. (Actually, I think at this stage of the competition, the difference between the Top 2 and the Bottom 3 is pretty small.) Maybe everytime a JD Fan threw a vote to the Encore, a Marty Fan was still voting for the Performance. Hence Marty ends up with more Performance Votes and JD more Encore Votes.

I've heard that some JD Fans voted more for the Encore than for the Performance. They figured that he would hit Bottom 3 again anyway (as MiG seems unmoveable from being one of the top vote getters) and that getting the encore and doing another INXS song would be better for JD's chances in the long run. (They also figured that Jordis was toast, regardless.) They are braver souls than I, but it does look like it worked out that way.

I think we also need to consider the other Rockers' Fans. They didn't necessarily vote for an Encore from their favorite, but instead voted for either Pretty Vegas or Trees. (I know several MiG fans, for example, who didn't want him to sing Home in Me again, since it hadn't gone over well with INXS.)

So there's a gazillion ways the Votes could've fallen the way they did. Without the totals, though, it's all just speculation.
    No offense taken LAGuy. I will admit that my original post was a bit of a reaction to the "Marty looks like he has Parkinson's" post in the Marty thread. My father has Parkinson's so I found that a lot more offensive than JD's silly shirt...

I've enjoyed your "insider" posts a lot, even with the JD slant .

Can I propose another theory for the encore/bottom 3?

Come As You Are was so terrible -my opinion -that all the JD fans voted strictly for Pretty Vegas while as both Marty's songs kicked butt splitting the Marty Vote.

Example:
    Pretty Vegas 2,000,000 votes.
    Trees 1,950,000 votes.
    Everlong 1,000,000 votes.
    Come As You Are 25 votes.

OK, One more. With OB practically having promised the encore to Marty Tuesday, the Marty fans didn't feel the urgent need to vote for the encore.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    (Actually, I think at this stage of the competition, the difference between the Top 2 and the Bottom 3 is pretty small.)
    Wasn't it the week before last that Marty had more votes than the bottom 3 combined? I do agree that what you stated is probably now the case.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    Hey, just to let you all know, you can buy Pretty Vegas or the other rocker's origionals at music.msn.com now. They are .99 each and the money is being donated towards Katrina relief.
    Not trying to prove a point or anything:

Trees and Pretty Vegas are #1 and #2 on the top sellers list (in that order).

Rockstar is actually occupying the top 18 spots on their chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    so I found that a lot more offensive than JD's silly shirt...
    Seadog, I'm sorry, that was my post and I didn't realize I was being insensitive. FWIW I was being serious with my observation. I wasn't joking about it. I know two people who have it and I knew one of them in the early stages, and seeing Marty alarmed me. That's all. Again, I'm sorry.

But since this is the JD thread, I must say that I am over-the-top excited to see this week's JD performance, after LAGuy's spoiler.

Ha ha, loved the butt-crack cake... Go Suzie, for being willing to play!

JD's shirt? It never even occurred to me to try to read it. If this becomes an issue that the FCC cracks down, then America is a sad place to be living and some people need to get some lives. It would be an obvious witchhunt. That said, it was a pretty ballsey thing for him to do and I don't admire it that much.

It sounds like one of OBINXS has picked JD (Andrew I think is his name). The other band guys aren't as sold. It's too bad we don't get to see the whole interview. We only get to see what Tim Burnett wants us to see, which could be completely misleading.

I was glad they didn't show too much of JD interacting with the group. It always scares me that he is going to put his foot in his mouth.

On JD's blog, one of his "kid pics" shows him doing a floor dance that doesn't look humanly possibly. Do you think he was completely suspended on that one arm?

Have bben reading all sorts of rumors about JD's athleticism, since he's a blackbelt of some degree, etc. etc.

I think there is more to this book than what we've read.

P.S. JD's voice sounds trashed on the 9/11/05 mansion show. Is that from cigarettes or something more? He also sounded bad when he spoke last week on Wednesday night (but not when he sang).

Quit smoking! And no yelling either.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 09-12-2005 at 06:09 AM.

Can someone please explain to me why on JD's blog he says the number 448? After every blog he does?
    like totally freak me out i mean right on!

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Seadog, I'm sorry, that was my post and I didn't realize I was being insensitive. FWIW I was being serious with my observation. I wasn't joking about it. I know two people who have it and I knew one of them in the early stages, and seeing Marty alarmed me. That's all. Again, I'm sorry.
    Thanks fireflyer.

FORT Fan
    JLuvs or LAGuy,
    Did either of you make it to this weeks performance show? If so, I am curious if JD's Pretty Vegas or Marty's Trees were the same as last week, or if they were altered in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan
    JLuvs or LAGuy,
    Did either of you make it to this weeks performance show? If so, I am curious if JD's Pretty Vegas or Marty's Trees were the same as last week, or if they were altered in any way.

Yes, we were both there.

SPOILER:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Pretty Vegas was substantially the same -- except J.D. used the megaphone twice during the song this time and even more of the crowd sang along.

Marty did an acoustic version of Trees, which worked quite nicely. He also had most of the crowd singing along on the chorus.

Dave Navarro played guitar on both songs. (It wasn't favortism: He also played with Suzie & MiG).

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Personally, I love his shirt...he's having fun, he's not shouting obscenities or baring his privates on tv. It's a big deal about nothing, IMO.
    I didn't notice that on the show, but I think that shirt is hilarious!!

+ Reply to Thread