+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    You are very welcome, Sweetie!
    D! So we meet again.

I like JD a lot but it seems week after week he seems to be losing a little more of the edge. I can't see him as the ultimate winner.
    I agree. I really liked him at first....but he seems to be putting on the same show every week. I did have him pegged at first, but now he needs to drop the choreography and get down to business. He's really sinking in my "faves" list.
    Last edited by J.D.; 08-31-2005 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Happy Birthday tomorrow for J.D. Hope it's a good one! (god that would be awful if he was eliminated tonight, please no, not just before his birthday!)

Ooops - double post.

It's almost my birthday, tool And his name is pretty cool too.

I saw I girl in the audience last night wearing a "I J.D." tee shirt. I WANT ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Well he might not do it for you, but I think his appeal is broader than you give him credit for. I'm middle aged, and while he's not my type (he looks too much like my brother maybe), I do find him compelling to watch. You either buy into that style or you don't. I think record companies might be very willing to get all over someone young, good-looking with a growing fanbase. Good luck to him, I say.
    I agree. I'm showing my age here too, but I fail to see the attraction of people like Jessica Simpson, Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilara (sp?). BUT, some people seem to like them, and they certainly have a very large fanbase. I think J.D. could do just fine, if he markets himself the right way and makes a good CD. Who are we to decide what will be liked and what won't? Heck, even that goofy red-headed crooner on AI made an album, didn't he? Now that is definitely not my style, but surely someone is buying the darn thing!

FORT Fanatic
    I really, really, really can't stand JD. I can't stand his singing, I can't stand his stage act, I can't stand his persona. I now live for the moment when they will get rid of him.

Let it be TONIGHT!!!

I'm thinking of stalking him, charismatic, hot, and a great singer. What more do you want.

Imagine how classy it would've been if everyone had answered the stupid Dave-questions about the drama the same way JD did: "I just want to sing".

Imagine that. No long-winded answers about who hurt whose feelings, or who was upset and why, or who proclaims to hate the drama right after he adds more fuel to it...

Imagine Dave going down the list of rockers, as he did, but each one when questioned simply says "I just want to sing". All 6 of them, in a row.

THAT would've been a statement stronger than any other.

Instead, we got to see the contestants supposedly groovin' to John Lennon's song of solidarity last night, and got to see them continue to rehash Jr.High issues tonight.

No wonder Lennon's song has survived so long. It is clearly a fairy tale, just like Cinderella, with no actual relevance to real-life actions.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    ... if he markets himself the right way and makes a good CD.
    But he IS marketing himself. That's what these shows are for. When it comes down to that one person - that one who fronts INXS - the marketing becomes about the band.

Who are we to decide what will be liked and what won't? Heck, even that goofy red-headed crooner on AI made an album, didn't he? Now that is definitely not my style, but surely someone is buying the darn thing!
    Who are we to decide? We are people who buy the CDs, we are the ones who put the cash in the band's pockets. By having this competition, INXS is getting a whole lotta free airtime, plus the band gets the world's favorite singer. Well, the person who allegedly gets the most votes. What a great marketing idea.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Imagine how classy it would've been if everyone had answered the stupid Dave-questions about the drama the same way JD did: "I just want to sing".

Imagine that. No long-winded answers about who hurt whose feelings, or who was upset and why, or who proclaims to hate the drama right after he adds more fuel to it...

Imagine Dave going down the list of rockers, as he did, but each one when questioned simply says "I just want to sing". All 6 of them, in a row.

THAT would've been a statement stronger than any other.

Instead, we got to see the contestants supposedly groovin' to John Lennon's song of solidarity last night, and got to see them continue to rehash Jr.High issues tonight.

No wonder Lennon's song has survived so long. It is clearly a fairy tale, just like Cinderella, with no actual relevance to real-life actions.

Thanks, Fireflyer. I am sick of the 8th behavior exhibited from all contestants too. Bringing all the house stuff up during Q&A was annoying the hell out of me. I thought JD handled himself really well, and I was elated at how mature and classy he was throughout the whole thing. He needs to be on his A+ game next week, as there is no room for error, what with the growing momentum from teacher's pets: Suzie and Marty.

Oh and I wanted to just rip that leather jacket off him last night and attack the dude. He's so unbelievably hot, I can't contain myself.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I agree. I'm showing my age here too, but I fail to see the attraction of people like Jessica Simpson, Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilara (sp?). BUT, some people seem to like them, and they certainly have a very large fanbase. I think J.D. could do just fine, if he markets himself the right way and makes a good CD. Who are we to decide what will be liked and what won't? Heck, even that goofy red-headed crooner on AI made an album, didn't he? Now that is definitely not my style, but surely someone is buying the darn thing!
    Yeah, that was my daughter for a while. I cringed everytime she played Brittany or Jessica. OMG, here I am a huge Rock fan. LOVE the Stones and my daughter is listening to this crap??? But she was 11-13. Now that she is in high school her tastes are changing and she listens to Coldplay, The Killers and Green Day (I think that's it). And my best friends 8 year old daughter thinks that Brittany, Jessica and Christina are GREAT. So that is the fanbase for people like that.

I HOPE JD's fanbase is somewhat older. I'm in my 40's and I'd buy a CD of his.
    I like him. Not sure if i like all of his antics, but I don't like all of my husband's antics either. Or all of my best friend's or my daughters. Still he has something and I LIKE it. I do think his performance last night was off. I've been feeling sorry for him. I think its his own fault that problems he's having, but still I feel sorry for him.
    And I think Suzie is a closet snark. She snarked at Marty the first show. It's her "I'm so good on the outside" attitude that kills me because we've seen a little of how she can be, but its well hidden. Like my daughter says: "there's a lot of girls at my school like that and no one really likes them much"

I'd like JD to win, but now I don't think he will and I think its because he cut his own throat, unfortunately.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I'm thinking of stalking him, charismatic, hot, and a great singer. What more do you want.
    That cracked me up! ps...can i come too?

+ Reply to Thread