+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon
    Essentially I've come to the conclusion that you either get JD or you don't. Those that like JD, see the talent & ambition he posesses... those that don't, dont.
    Exactly! But one thing he does seem to do is get people talking.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Exactly! But one thing he does seem to do is get people talking.

Sweetpea, I saw a post of yours earlier today (can't remember the thread) where you said you were in the minority of people liking JD.
    I'm there with you. I have liked him consistantly since the very first show. Everyone else I have liked then not liked or not liked and then liked, but JD has never waivered in my "like".

He's got his flaws, but who doesn't? He seems to have his eye focused on teh prize and the others get up there and sing like its star search.

I'd like to see him win.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hey, thanks, Myrosiedog...I was beginning to feel a little bit alone in my JD-like.

I've liked him from the start as well. He just seems to have something a little bit different than the others....and I mean that in a GOOD! way people! . He's always interesting to watch, IMO, and when he brings it, it's great, sexy, and captivating. Some people disagree, and that's cool. I will cheer for him, hopefully till the end and he's the last guy there. If not, I'm not going to be disappointed though, since I'm sure he'll be just fine.

FORT Fogey
    I want J.D. to win for one simple reason... HE IS CANADIAN!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DoeBoy
    I want J.D. to win for one simple reason... HE IS CANADIAN!
    So is Suzie.

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon
    Essentially I've come to the conclusion that you either get JD or you don't. Those that like JD, see the talent & ambition he posesses... those that don't, dont.
    Yup - my wife hates him, I really like him.

There are some attitudinal things I don't like so much but in terms of ability he seems to be very good.

I also like MiG and my wife loves HIM so our household is fairly calm most of the time.

It's not that there is really a minority of JD likers, it is just that opinions on JD are very polarized. Not many that are so-so, most are love/hate.

It will be interesting to see how far he goes in this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

AsIs, I agree. JD lovers/haters are very polarized, much more so than MiG or Marty. That's my point, love him or hate him. He seems to inspire more intense reactions from people. Now, this could be either a great thing or a bad thing for the band, should they choose him. He could be a great success, or a complete disaster...who knows? I guess it's up to them if they want to go with a safer choice, like MiG, who people either seem to love immensely or he inspires indifference in them, but certainly not hate. He's too nice to inspire hate!

Marty, to me, just doesn't seem right for OB:INXS...stylistically he's so different, I just can't seem to reconcile him to their sound. Now, if they are going to go for something completely different, then ok. But I just can't seem to picture these 40-something musicians suddenly transforming themselves into an angst-ridden angry rock group. I know, I know, many think Marty did well with "Don't Change" on Wed night, but to me it was still in that intense, vein-in-the-forehead-pulsing, flailing arms, manic conductor way of his, which I just can't picture as INXS.

I know many will disagree with me, and that's cool. I still think J.D. is the best choice, with MiG as safe alternative.

The band has made some comments about maybe going with two people. I think Susie and JD would make a nice pair of leads.

eta: I agree about Marty. He just seems way more grunge rock to me. My top three at this point would be JD, Mig, Susie. But the band does seem to love Jordis. So who knows.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    The band has made some comments about maybe going with two people. I think Susie and JD would make a nice pair of leads.
    Two people?! I hadn't heard that. Wouldn't that be interesting? It would certainly give them a lot of flexibility. Much like Fergie gave the Black Eyed Peas so much more potential for different kinds of songs. I agree, I would love to see Suzie and J.D. in that role...
    meh...

+ Reply to Thread