+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon

What I and many have been saying is that of the remaining contestants JD is the worst singer. (and several of the contestant already voted off were arguably better than JD) He has a limited range and hits more sour notes than one can count. Many find his stage presence lacking and the whole “human” and “being” tattoos just sad and pathetic.

I completely agree IronDragon! It's his turn for the bottom 3 this week.

giz
    I'm not for a moment suggesting bad singing helps,but if you look at many popular singers, it certainly doesn't seem to hurt (and I'm not admitting he's bad either). Could someone explain Ashlee Simpson, Brittney Spears, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez? They apparently sell lots of cd's but, IMO, they are collectively terrible singers.

FORT Fogey
    I dont think JD is the worst at all. I think he's a little uncontrollable and some times it hurts his performance. The guy has a lot of musical abilities and is very talented. I think his musical sensibilities are by far the best in the group. He has a solid voice, great stage presence and a lot of personality. He has what it takes but needs to reign it in somewhat.

He is much more suited for a solo career however. He is a band breakup waiting to happen.

I agree about his music sensibilities -- by far the best of the group.

I'm not really understanding the comment about him contributing to a band break-up. I read somewhere that he's been in a band 6 years, I think. ?

It is obvious by now that none of the singers other than Suzie have a large vocal range, so the competition from here on out is going to be based on something besides vocal range.

My feelings about who I like have changed since the beginning of the show...but one thing has always remained constant, I never really liked JD. I have tried to but I just dont see what all of you who really like him, see. I just dont see it.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I agree about his music sensibilities -- by far the best of the group.

I'm not really understanding the comment about him contributing to a band break-up. I read somewhere that he's been in a band 6 years, I think. ?

It is obvious by now that none of the singers other than Suzie have a large vocal range, so the competition from here on out is going to be based on something besides vocal range.
    The comment about him contributing to a band break up was really just a smart remark. He has a big personality and it may be suited for a solo career in the long run.

I missed the episode where JD & Susie went to dinner with OurBand. What was the conversation like? Was everything smooth?

FORT Fanatic
    I think talent wise JD is a very good choice but the more I think about it Mig may be the person that is most ready.

He's already been in a fairly big production in England. He's a professional...Our Band: INXS knows that he turns up to work and takes care of his voice.

JD could be a more electric and dynamic choice but more of a risk.

JD is no Michael Hutchence. Not by a long shot. But for me, he comes closer than any of the others. Not that they're looking for a MH clone, but as far as sex appeal goes, he's the only one that's really got it. (Marty is scary and Mig is adorable. Ty, uh, what can I say? He has zero sex appeal.)

JD can sing. He can write. He has sex appeal. He's their best option.

Essentially I've come to the conclusion that you either get JD or you don't. Those that like JD, see the talent & ambition he posesses... those that don't, dont.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

+ Reply to Thread