+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I pegged him from the beginning. I think//hope INXS realizes a female can't take over the lead spot. Cover band, maybe. Original band, no.

I love the way he plays the crowd. It's like he's playing them, they know it, and he knows they know it....and so on.....it's fun for me to watch.

Oh yeah. And he's talented too. But even if he weren't that could be taken care of in studio. (Britney, anyone?)

I'm hanging with my bro, JD.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Well, I just listened to a duet by MiG and Jordis on Mystify that was on the radio today. It's really rather painful. Jordis is flat, and MiG is just appalling...

J.D.'s version is immeasureably better -- as is his duet with Suzie on Never Tear Us Apart.
    hi LAGuy. could you direct me towards the mig/jordis duet?
    plus, i haven't been able to find anything on jd/suzie's duet.

i've listened to jd sing mystify 100's of times as well. i forwarded the link to a woman i work with who is not at all fond of jd and she LOVES it too. her opinion now seems to be changing of him.

i don't understand though why some people say "it's just jd's loyal fanbase that keeps him in this competition regardless of his performance". well, duh, of course it's his loyal fanbase that's voting him thru. but that can be said for each and every other performer in this show! i usually love jordis, but her version of 'knockin on heaven's door' just didn't do it for me. i certainly don't begrudge her loyal fans for voting her thru anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Blonde
    hi LAGuy. could you direct me towards the mig/jordis duet?

i don't understand though why some people say "it's just jd's loyal fanbase that keeps him in this competition regardless of his performance". well, duh, of course it's his loyal fanbase that's voting him thru. but that can be said for each and every other performer in this show! i usually love jordis, but her version of 'knockin on heaven's door' just didn't do it for me. i certainly don't begrudge her loyal fans for voting her thru anyway though.
    I'd love to hear the new duet as well if anyone has a link (was that on KIIS?) For research sake as I'd like to see what they can do with the same song.

I, too, realize that it is Jordis' fanbase who is forgiving less than great performances. That's why I am glad that OB:INXS gets the final say-so. Imagine if they got stuck with Jessica because the world wanted to give her sympathy votes.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by rockfan
    Poeple, listen up. If you have ever been involved in reality TV production, you will know that this format allows Mark Burnett to establish who goes home. Dont kid yourselves. INXS has already determined who they want. Burnett will decide the order. That will be based on whatever is needed at the time for ratings.

In order for INXS to change thier minds, the person would have to fall of the stage or the voting would have to be so overwelming in someones favor, they would make a 1 year business decision. Travel with the person even if they didnt fit, just to make profit on the publicity. If it really works out great.

We all know that despite the awsome voice and talent, Jordis and Tye dont fit to lead a rock band like INXS. They would actually do better on their own. They should not want to win actually. Jordis already needs to lose to make more money.

As for who is left, there are only 2 that make sense and are talented enough to do it. JD and Marty. The others just dont cut it.

JD has more individual Q ratings (lovers and haters) and Marty is better liked by the band and will keep the band in its comfort zone but they wont sell as many records.

From a business perspective, they will watch the demand for Jordis and if it gets so high they cant refuse they will take her, if not, they will prpbably take Marty due to him fitting in and they will be able to "control" him and keep most of the profit. They would pull a larger audience with JD but he would be harder to control and would ultimately leave them anyway to get a better contract.

Just my 2 cents
    You left out MiG. I think he is a good fit with the band too. I think the final three will get down to Jordis, MiG and Marty. The "control" factor is going to make it hard for the band to pick JD.

Also, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think some of these INXS members are in their 50s, if not possibly older. (In Hollywood, one can age much more slowly than in real life.) JD clearly wants to be a star, not necessarily a team player. If JD can't afford to put in a good 5 years with the band, that is going to leave them needing a lead singer again, and I'm afraid, by then, they will really be "has-beens." Jordis is so young, 5 years won't matter to her and she would still have a long career ahead of her. Marty & MiG are older and don't seem to need the spotlight as much as JD. They could easily put in 5 years and be content.

So... I think JD will be out of there before the final three.

giz
    No, the guys are all in their 40's. (Born about '57 through '61). Plastic surgery aside, I would have thought the rock and roll life-style would age you More, not less, quickly. The staying up late, the drinking, the smoking etc. Just look at any of the Stones (aside from Charlie Watts), or Roger Plant.

FORT Fogey
    I'm biting the bullet on this one, but I don't believe 40s. One of my ex-neighbors was married to the sister of one of them and he is in his early 60s! I'd be thinking some of those '57 birthdays are more like '52 birthdays, etc. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    I'm biting the bullet on this one, but I don't believe 40s. One of my ex-neighbors was married to the sister of one of them and he is in his early 60s! I'd be thinking some of those '57 birthdays are more like '52 birthdays, etc. ;-)
    I believe 40s. My husband is 3 days older than Garry. If anything Garry looks YOUNGER than my 48 year old husband.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

giz
    Well, I'm going by IMDB, the industry web-site. I think it's unlikely the guys are in their 50's yet, as (if you look at when they became popular), if they'd been born in the early 50's then they would have been in their 30's already when they made it big. If they were in their 60's (!) they would not only be amazingly well-preserved, but also in their 40's when they first became popular. Both scenarios seem unlikely. Anyway, if you look at the INXS website, there's a photo of them with very bad 1980's hairdos. I really hope that men in their 30's would not have had such poodley hair! Let's leave the crazy hairdos to 20 somethings.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Blonde

This show is suppose to be somewhat democratic and everyone is free to vote how they wish, but a couple of things happen when people vote for their favorites again and again.

First, if people lock on to their person early and continue to vote for them, it virtually nullifies the later performances. JD should have been in the bottom 3 at least for his atrocious Champions performance. There were parts of it that he didn't even sing into the mic! Suzie, meanwhile, continues to occupy the bottom 3 despite some great performances.

Second, it telegraphs who will be in the bottom 3 in the weeks to come. Based on previous voting habits, we can predict that Suzie, Deana, then Ty, then JD will fill the bottom 3 from this point forward unless the 3 favs (Mig, Jordis, Marty) really mess up.

Fan voting has long been a griping point in areas such as All Star games. People vote for their favorite player, not necessarily the ones with the best 1st half numbers. We can also say the same about politics, but we won't get into that.

One good thing about this show is that RBN:INXS is the final arbiter. In the end, they don't really trust the fans.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by SpilltheBeans
    One good thing about this show is that RBN:INXS is the final arbiter. In the end, they don't really trust the fans.
    But its the fans that buy the CD's and concert tickets, so I would think that INXS wants someone the fans like.

Look how Van Halen tanked when they got rid of David Lee Roth. The loyal Van Halen fans didn't really take to Sammy Hagar very well and it showed.

So INXS knows that they need someone that the fans like and apparantly the fans don't like Suzie.
    I'm not real fond of her either and after the beggine performance last night I am even more turned off by her. Performances aside.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread