+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spite Brigade
    i believe him when he says he wants to win more than anyone else on the show. more than any of the others i believe that his favorite band as a teen was INXS, which makes him a bit star struck stupid.
    Yea, it's interesting... if you read the Bios of all the rockers on the CBS/MSN websites, only ONE person even mentions that INXS was an inspiration to them! (I won't mention any names, but his initials are JD ) Seems to me that a person who wants to front a band, should be a fan of that band's music--wouldn't that make sense? If you were a band looking for a lead singer, wouldn't that quality be important?

By the way, Spite --
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LiteWeightLiz
    However, remember this is a Mark Burnette production! They may be editing JD's reactions at times other than the times they're showing them!
    (see LAGuy's commentaries of what actually happens at the concerts vs. what actually gets edited on the show)
    Good point. Burnett's editing people love to have a "villain" in their shows. It's possible that J.D. is a class-A jerk and the rest of the contestants are angels. It's also possible that they've each had their less-than-gracious moments but the editors are only showing J.D.'s.

One thing is certain - INXS knows all and sees all, and they will pick the person who is best suited for the band.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    One thing is certain - INXS knows all and sees all, and they will pick the person who is best suited for the band.
    Every good show NEEDS a JD or else it would be one gigantic lovefest...and how boring is that???!!!

Yes, INXS knows what is good for them and they will have the ultimate decision. They do see more because they get the unedited version. I wonder how much they know about what is going on in the house, however? I have not been really watching that...only tuesday and wednesday nights lately!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    One thing is certain - INXS knows all and sees all

now there's a frightening thought.

think they know how many times i've replayed the shots of brooke in that skirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Spite Brigade
    think they know how many times i've replayed the shots of brooke in that skirt?
    I bet they do!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

What's the verdict on JD's new haircut?
    Personally the old style suited him better IMHO.
    The crew cut makes him look block-headish and focuses attention on his chompers.
    DIMELO!

Oh my God, willybobo, ya took the words right out of my fingers! Weird because I was just planning on writing this. I was wondering the same thing. I dont like his new do. I liked his old look better!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Yup, I'll 3rd the old 'do.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I actually like the buzz cut. To me he can grow his hair into a mullet and I'd still be hot for him. He is super-sexy to me.

FORT Newbie
    The editing may have accentuated his behavior but the camera is still recording his actions. The tension may not all be his fault, but when there is tension, it usually seems like he is in the middle.

RBN:INXS claims they don't care about the backstage stuff, and if it's true, they either are not looking for a long-term front person or they aren't thinking the whole thing through. Most likely they are concerned about personality. What's one of the biggest reasons succesful bands break up or remove members? Creative differences and incompaitble personalities--basically they can't get along. You see it all the time.

+ Reply to Thread