+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

For those of you who think he can't sing, listen to him sing "Mystify"
    on an L.A. radio station yesterday. Unbelievable!!
    Last edited by Mantenna; 08-11-2005 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Removed link to site containing copyright material

Quote Originally Posted by discomama111
    For those of you who think he can't sing, listen to him sing "Mystify" on an L.A. radio station yesterday. Unbelievable!!

He also did a duet with Suzie on "Never Tear Us Apart" that was excellent. The station (Star 98.7) has replayed it several times over the past 2 days.

I have an MP3 of them doing Never Tear Us Apart
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

JD strikes me as the kind of guy who doesnt like to play fair and who is a bad loser. I try to really like him but there is something "off" about him. Cant put my finger on it!
    Last edited by BlondieGirl; 08-11-2005 at 08:04 AM.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy

He also did a duet with Suzie on "Never Tear Us Apart" that was excellent. The station (Star 98.7) has replayed it several times over the past 2 days.
    Is there any place to get this duet? I'd like to here that, but haven't seen it at msn. They have loaded MIG's version of We are the Champions tho.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    JD strikes me as the kind of guy who doesnt like to play fair and who is a bad loser. I try to really like him but there is something "off" about him. Cant put my finger on it!
    It may be the resentful look on his face every time someone else gets a positive review from the band, and the smug little smirk when someone is criticized or let go.

His personality aside, I do not like his voice or his performance style - they are both too mannered and superficial to elicit any genuine emotional response.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    It may be the resentful look on his face every time someone else gets a positive review from the band, and the smug little smirk when someone is criticized or let go.

His personality aside, I do not like his voice or his performance style - they are both too mannered and superficial to elicit any genuine emotional response.
    However, remember this is a Mark Burnette production! They may be editing JD's reactions at times other than the times they're showing them!
    (see LAGuy's commentaries of what actually happens at the concerts vs. what actually gets edited on the show)
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

FORT Newbie
    i believe him when he says he wants to win more than anyone else on the show. more than any of the others i believe that his favorite band as a teen was INXS, which makes him a bit star struck stupid.

and i really don't get this machiavellian label that some would attach to him, if he is machiavellian it's the wile E coyote school of machiavelli, everytime he does something stupid the whole of the message board world appears to fall on him like one of those giant boulders always landing on the road runner's nemesis.

and let's face it, he's the one of the only three real rocker's left. can anyone honestly tell me that ty is a rocker? the mohawk man's got about as much rock in roll in him as a unicorn sticker on a trapper keeper. Mig? well at least now we know what happens to the castrati once they get too old for the vienna boys choir. Suzie/Deanna , well let's just put it this way, mom rock is mom rock i'm not even going to bother seperating out comments for them. Jordis, almost a true rocker, but I'd prefer to see her as a solo artist or doing her own thing, she's still got a little too much star search in her to buy her as a rock artist. Marty, legitimate rocker, but if i wanted to see tom petty on crack I'd buy an iggy pop video......

so i say let the pathetically eager one win it........he's the only one who really fits the bill......

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Spite Brigade
    and i really don't get this machiavellian label that some would attach to him, if he is machiavellian it's the wile E coyote school of machiavelli, everytime he does something stupid the whole of the message board world appears to fall on him like one of those giant boulders always landing on the road runner's nemesis.
    Yeah, that sounds about right.

and let's face it, he's the one of the only three real rocker's left. can anyone honestly tell me that ty is a rocker? the mohawk man's got about as much rock in roll in him as a unicorn sticker on a trapper keeper. Mig? well at least now we know what happens to the castrati once they get too old for the vienna boys choir. Suzie/Deanna , well let's just put it this way, mom rock is mom rock i'm not even going to bother seperating out comments for them. Jordis, almost a true rocker, but I'd prefer to see her as a solo artist or doing her own thing, she's still got a little too much star search in her to buy her as a rock artist. Marty, legitimate rocker, but if i wanted to see tom petty on crack I'd buy an iggy pop video......
    Ouch. Wait- Suzie is a "mom rocker"? She's 28! If your mom is around that, does your teacher know you're surfing during nap time?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    i believe him when he says he wants to win more than anyone else on the show. more than any of the others i believe that his favorite band as a teen was INXS, which makes him a bit star struck stupid.

so i say let the pathetically eager one win it........he's the only one who really fits the bill......
    Very well said, Spite!

+ Reply to Thread