+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: J.D.

FORT Fan
    Do INXS get to see what's going on inside the house? I suppose since they are living at LA for the time being with nothing else to do except some jamming and once a week clinics, they may be seeing reruns of the taped episodes. If they do, then JD is in big trouble. Would they really want an insecure, immature kid, who constantly pulls stunts in the house, to lead a rock group?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Downsey
    Wow...I'm a bit stunned at the backlash JD is getting. Actually stunned isn't the word because he is a bit of a prat.

It's not like he's auditioning to replace the rock world's most steady role model. Isn't it a rock rule that your lead singer is supposed to be a bit of a diva?

ALL lead singers are insecure, attention seeking, power hungry nobs (Bono even admitted it)
    The other members of INXS had a bad experience when things went overboard with Michael after the humongous success of Kick. I don't think they would want to repeat that again.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    Do INXS get to see what's going on inside the house? I suppose since they are living at LA for the time being with nothing else to do except some jamming and once a week clinics, they may be seeing reruns of the taped episodes. If they do, then JD is in big trouble. Would they really want an insecure, immature kid, who constantly pulls stunts in the house, to lead a rock group?
    Tim made a comment in Tuesday's show to Jessica that they had watched Monday's show so yes they do know what's going on in there. And yes I agree J.D.'s going to be in trouble if he doesn't tone down his antics.

No longer thinking he can pull it off. His last two performances were pretty bad IMO. Of the guys, Marty is the only consistent performer.

JD is a solid singer, but almost sounds like a lounge singer...

FORT Fanatic
    I thought his performance of The Letter was pathetic. That song should have a driving beat. He didn't have to do it exactly like The Boxtops, but what he did with it had nothing to recommend it.

I agree with you boxhill, I really like that song and his version didn't really do anything for me except show that he seems to be unable to do a song without rearranging it.

At first I think this was a big plus for him, but sadly I think it is becoming more of a flaw now.

Regarding the band members seeing the show, I would bet that they see stuff we don't see on the show as well. For us, it is watching a contest, for them it is picking someone they are going to go on tour with and entrust part of their success to. This is their livelyhood, so I would think they would want to be sure of what they are getting. JD would do well to remember that in his confessionals and mechanations.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    He didn't have to do it exactly like The Boxtops
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    his version didn't really do anything for me except show that he seems to be unable to do a song without rearranging it.
    From comments that Our Band, INXS, made to J.D. at the taping, this wasn't supposed to be The Boxtops version. IIRC, Timmy (or was it Kirk?) said something like, "I understand you hadn't heard that song until this week." And J.D. responded, "I knew the earlier version by the Boxtops, but not this one by Joe Cocker." So I don't think there was any re-arranging going on.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    From comments that Our Band, INXS, made to J.D. at the taping, this wasn't supposed to be The Boxtops version. IIRC, Timmy (or was it Kirk?) said something like, "I understand you hadn't heard that song until this week." And J.D. responded, "I knew the earlier version by the Boxtops, but not this one by Joe Cocker." So I don't think there was any re-arranging going on.
    Hmm. Sounds like INXS was trying to catch J.D. in his lie about not knowing the song. I suppose that was a good way for J.D. to weasel out of what he said at the house. I wonder if Suzie caught the fact he had lied to her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Nice catch Miss Griss, I didn't make that connection!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    Hmm. Sounds like INXS was trying to catch J.D. in his lie about not knowing the song. I suppose that was a good way for J.D. to weasel out of what he said at the house. I wonder if Suzie caught the fact he had lied to her.
    I think you're reading it too negatively. Joe Cocker's version seems much different than the original, and it would be difficult to sing the latter without knowing it. In J.D.'s shoes, I would be thinking the same thing--don't know the song--even though I do know the BoxTops version. INXS wanted the Cocker version. Doesn't seem like weasling.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I think you're reading it too negatively. Joe Cocker's version seems much different than the original, and it would be difficult to sing the latter without knowing it. In J.D.'s shoes, I would be thinking the same thing--don't know the song--even though I do know the BoxTops version. INXS wanted the Cocker version. Doesn't seem like weasling.

That was my sense of the conversation, too, fireflyer.

The more I think about it, the more I think that it was Timmy who made the comment -- and that he actually used the word "familiar". So it went something like "I understand you weren't familiar with that song before this week." To which J.D. responded with the Boxtops/Cocker comment.

(Man, I wish I could smuggle in a tape recorder, so I could get down every bloody word and not have to trust my rock-addled brain to remember... )

+ Reply to Thread