+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deanna

Deanna

DEANNA
    Hometown: Reseda, CA

Deanna was born and raised in Kingston, Ontario Canada. She is the second of four children. Although initially interested in sports, Deanna discovered her love of music during college where she received a degree in graphic design from St. Lawrence College in 1992. Upon graduation, she worked as a graphic designer for a year and a half while exploring her music skills. She was then asked to go on tour with a band and never looked back.

Some of her favorite artists are Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, Bad Company and U2. Her voice has been most compared to Janis Joplin and Melissa Etheridge. Currently some of her favorite CDs include The Best of Bread and U2's The Joshua Tree.

Deanna lived and gigged in Vancouver for five years before making the leap to Los Angeles where she performed with a band called The MVPs. She has performed for Oprah Winfrey and has shared the stage with Edgar Winter, Chaka Khan and Kelly Clarkson to name a few. Deanna has been making a living performing all over the US and Canada for the past 14 years.

Deanna's birth date is March 19, 1969.

Some of her favorite artists are Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, Bad Company and U2. Her voice has been most compared to Janis Joplin and Melissa Etheridge. Currently some of her favorite CDs include The Best of Bread and U2's The Joshua Tree.
    allllllll gooooooooood. i hope she rocks.

Damn, she does NOT look 36. She looks way too perky and cute.
    But I like her influences and comparisons above.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

She looks like she's in her early 20s! She should have a good voice based on the Janis and Melissa comparisons.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Bread??? Nooooooo (runs screaming from the room)

(comes back to explain that back in the 70s, adolescent self and younger sister spent countless hours mocking Bread, along with the other wimpy, "sensitive guy" whiners like Dan Fogelberg and James Taylor, and Mushmouth from the Doobie Brothers).
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Janis is my favourite vocalist ever, and Melissa is also definitely in my top 10. This woman better not let me down when she opens her mouth to sing.

Oh, and for an old chick being in the running.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Oh I hope she's as good as the bio makes her sound... Janis? Melissa? Awesome! Maybe this is another Beth Hart on our hands (anyone here a Beth fan? She's incredible!).
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fan
    yes im going to have to root for the "old chick" too...just as i did on the entertainer...i get tired of seeing 18 to 25 year olds in these reality shows, rarley do they even have a clue of how what they are doing can really change their lives, a little age has been known to teach a person quite a lot...will be watching or at least recording..ps, modern photography can make anyone look younger...but chances are she looks young, and thats even better...
    Last edited by jaymes4u; 07-11-2005 at 04:00 PM.

If a woman were to win this thing I could see it being either Deanna or Daphna. I think age wise they just fit the best . The vocal & performance skills put them both right at the top.

My favorite female in the competition. Loved her rendition of The Clash song.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast