+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Host - Brooke Burke

Host - Brooke Burke

Brooke Burke is recognized worldwide as the hottest tour guide and adrenaline junkie on E! Entertainment Television's popular travel series, "Wild On," which is seen in 120 countries and in more than 400 million homes. After completing her "Wild On" assignment, Burke segued to hosting E!'s popular pop culture countdown series, "Rank." The show rated everything in entertainment, from Hollywood's sexiest stars to the best date movies. She most recently hosted a series of celebrity lifestyle specials for E! called "Life is Great With Brooke Burke." In addition, she has done select red carpet coverage for major awards shows.

Burke currently stars in EA Games' hot new video game "Need for Speed: Underground 2" where she plays Rachel Teller, a street-wise adrenaline junkie who runs an elite, underground street racing circuit. For her performance, she received a Spike TV Video Game Award for Best Performance by a Human-Female. She also lends her voice to Atari's Trivial Pursuit Unhinged video game as the celebrity host of its "People and Places" category.

On the acting front, Burke appears in the upcoming independent features "The Hazing" and "Knuckle Sandwich." In addition, she has guest-starred on the television series "Less Than Perfect," "Eve," "It's All Relative," "The Bernie Mac Show," "Monk," "Rock Me Baby" and "That's Life." She made her stage debut performing a celebrity guest "CenterPIECE" monologue for the Los Angeles premiere of the hit off-Broadway play, "Pieces (Of Ass)." She also currently appears in a new Burger King commercial, directed by David Lachapelle.

During her three-year stint as host of "Wild On," Burke redefined the term exotic location. She has guided tours from the Australian Outback to the Mayan Riviera, and from the endangered Bamboo forests of Bali to the hyperthyroid nightlife of the world's most exotic party capitals. From grasping the fin of a wild shark in Belize to flying a Russian MIG 17 at negative g's, this is the wild child who has done it all. Born with a thirst to explore, Burke experienced each country as a culture, not as a tourist.

From her extensive travels and ten years of swimwear advertising experience, Burke has spanned the globe in search of hip, sexy styles for swimwear. Now, her travels have inspired a collection of internationally flavored beachwear called "Barely Brooke." The line is a mix of hot, simple, earthy looks, to create the best imagery of styles from around the world. The collection, which offers sexy bikinis, one-piece suits, matching pants, hip cover-ups and tops, appeared in Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit 2003 issue.In addition, Victoria's Secret offered one of the Barely Brooke collections in its ever-popular catalogue. She has recently signed a deal with Venus Swimwear to debut her new collection in 2005.

Raised in Tucson, Arizona, Burke developed an affinity for the desert as a child and never envisioned herself as a Hollywood personality or television star. "When I was young, I wanted to do something innocuous, like become a drummer in a rock and roll band," says Burke, whose French, Irish and Portuguese descent make up her stunningly exotic visage.

Despite her hectic schedule, Burke has found the perfect balance between motherhood, marriage and career. Nothing is more rewarding than the quality time she spends at home with her husband, Dr. Garth Fisher (plastic surgeon from ABC's "Extreme Makeover") and their two young daughters. Burke enjoys doing yoga, pilates, the "Core Secrets" ball workout, taking long walks along mountain trails or secluded beaches, preparing gourmet holiday meals for her family and friends, and catching movies and plays.

the thing that always stood out the most to me about brooke is that she's married to plastic surgeon, dr. garth fisher, from extreme makeover. she'll be hot forever.

I love her with dark hair. She's certainly had a lot of hosting jobs. Didn't she also host some show called Dog Dare or something?
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Whatever happened to the rollseyes smilie?

And does anyone know what negative g means? I thought g referred to the force of gravity. Does it mean she was floating weightless in a Russian spyplane?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny
    I love her with dark hair. She's certainly had a lot of hosting jobs. Didn't she also host some show called Dog Dare or something?

No that was Brooke Burns.The show was called Dog Eat Dog

She was the best host of Wild On imo.She was always game for anything and brought a little humour to it too.Way better than that Jules Asner.I am looking forward to seeing her host the show with Dave.

Brooke Burke baby news......

I haven't seen it posted elsewhere here.....

Brooke Burke Baby News!

August 4, 2006

"Rock Star: Supernova" host BROOKE BURKE is expecting a baby with former "Baywatch" star DAVID CHARVET, according to US Weekly. This will be the couple's first child together.

The 34-year-old brunette beauty, who formerly hosted E's "Wild On" show, has 2 children from her marriage to plastic surgeon Dr. GARTH FISHER -- the couple separated last year.

Charvet, also 34, played lifeguard Matt Brody on "Baywatch," and has also starred on "Melrose Place."

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/15379/

Brooke seems pointless to me. I don't hate her but she just doesn't add anything to the show. Dave could do double-duty, save her salary and it would probably be better.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenHandbasket View Post
    Brooke seems pointless to me. I don't hate her but she just doesn't add anything to the show. Dave could do double-duty, save her salary and it would probably be better.
    I tend to agree. She's no Ryan Seacrest. I don't dislike her or anything, just rather indifferent to her.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    This is going to sound sexist....

Boys want to be rock stars to "get the girl". Brooke represents that girl.

Brooke is a set decoration. You have a cool venue, cheering fans, and a kick ass band. Brooke gives the look of the show style and sexiness. Her having a personality that stands out is not part of the formula for this show.

She does her simple job well and doesn't get in the way. She's not overdramatic when she talks. She says her lines articulately and that's it. Brooke manages to come across as smart, and not some slutty rock and roll tramp. Seems like not a lot to ask, but i think too many people in that position would try to do something "creative with the role" and end up just looking ridiculous

Ryan (the puke) has his schtick to do. That's part of their formula. The formula trying to make the show fun and cover up the mediocre talent.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 08-07-2006 at 08:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast