+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Host - Brooke Burke

Brooke is fine as a host. Dave Navarro could never talk intelligently for that long without breaking into some kind of ludicrous behavior.

And its not like she's some young chippie. I mean she's 35 years old, not some glossy 20 year old decoration. The table napkin skirts might fool people, I suppose.

The job of the host on this show is as a bridge between a commercial and a singer. That's all. It's not like TAR, or Survivor, where more has to be done, or even like Idol, where they have to fill all kinds of time with nonsense to justify "special" 90 minute or 2 hour shows.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think Brooke does a very professional job. She moderates between the rockers, band and audience. Smooth and can speak in SENTENCES, a skill almost entirely lacking in Supernova or contestants. I've never once heard her say, "Dude". That gets a big plus from me!

Brooke Burke Engaged and Pregnant

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Aug...eBurke,00.html

Brooke Burke Engaged and Pregnant
    Monday, August 21, 2006

NEW YORK — Brooke Burke, host of the CBS reality series"Rock Star: Supernova,"and actor David Charvet are getting married and expecting a child together, her representative, Nancy Iannios, told The Associated Press on Monday.

Charvet proposed to Burke on Saturday, Iannios said. The couple, both 34, began dating last fall, she said.

Burke split last year from husband Garth Fisher, a plastic surgeon who has appeared on ABC's"Extreme Makeover."They have two daughters, Neriah, 6, and Sierra, 4.

Burke, who has guest starred in TV's"Monk"and"Las Vegas,"hosted the E! cable channel's"Wild On..."from 1999 to 2002.

In the `90s, Charvet had roles on the TV shows"Baywatch"and"Melrose Place."

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Gal View Post
    I think Brooke does a very professional job. She moderates between the rockers, band and audience. Smooth and can speak in SENTENCES, a skill almost entirely lacking in Supernova or contestants. I've never once heard her say, "Dude". That gets a big plus from me!
    The only issue I have with Brooke is her overuse of phrases such as "give it up for.." "make some noise for..." and "put you're hands together for.." If I never heard those 3 phrases again, I would not miss them!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    The only issue I have with Brooke is her overuse of phrases such as "give it up for.." "make some noise for..." and "put you're hands together for.." If I never heard those 3 phrases again, I would not miss them!
    Those things are all scripted, so I don't know how much control she has over that.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    TV Host Brook Burke Has Baby Girl

Tue Jan 09,11:13 PM ET

It's a girl for television host Brooke Burke and actor-singer David Charvet. Burke, 35, gave birth Monday to Heaven Rain Charvet in Santa Monica, her publicist Nancy Iannios said.

"They're doing great and resting at home now," Iannios said Tuesday.

It was the third child for Burke, who has daughters Neriah, 6, and Sierra Sky, 4, with former husband Garth Fisher, a plastic surgeon who has appeared on ABC's "Extreme Makeover."

Burke and Charvet, 34, were engaged in August and plan to wed this spring, Iannios said.

Burke hosted the CBS reality series "Rock Star: Supernova" last year and the E! cable channel's "Wild On..." from 1999 to 2002.

In the '90s, Charvet had roles on the TV shows "Baywatch" and "Melrose Place." A native of France, he has recorded several pop rock albums released in Europe.

Baby News

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Heaven Rain????? Oh well, her other 2 don't have "normal" names either!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

lol...It is Los Angeles so I guess it's expected to name your children outrageous names in order to fit into the private school with your other actor friends' children!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I'll bet the kids are cute as anything though! Congrats to Brooke!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Host - Brooke Burke

Link Here

Brooke Burke, David Charvet Expecting Another Baby
    MONDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2007 01:35 PM EST
    by: Jon Kopaloff / FilmMagic

Brooke Burke and her fiancé, David Charvet, are expecting a baby, due next spring, her rep Nancy Iannios tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Together, the couple already have a daughter, Heaven Rain, born this year on Jan. 8

Burke, 36, also has two other daughters from a previous marriage: Neriah, 7, and Sierra, 5.

Charvet, 35, has just wrapped the sports feature, Green Flash, which is due to be released at the start of the summer 2008 Olympic games. In it, the former Baywatch leading man plays a star basketball player with a future in the NBA – until he chokes in a key game.

As Burke told PEOPLE in June, she has recently designed her own version of a post-pregnancy belly wrap – to be launched soon at her own online store.

The two started dating in 2005, during Rock Star: INXS.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12