+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon

Brandon

BRANDON
    Hometown: Beaverton, MI (Recently moved to Hermosa, CA)

Born in Midland, Michigan, Brandon was raised in Beaverton, Michigan by his father, a veteran of the Vietnam War and a laborer with a major chemical company, and his mother, a nurse. He has one sister.

Brandon attended Western Michigan University where he joined the basketball team. After one trimester, he decided to transfer to Delta College, where he played one full year of basketball. He then attended Central Michigan University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in industrial technology, while also working in construction.

Upon graduation, Brandon worked as a staffing recruiter in Metro Detroit while performing as the lead singer in an 80s rock cover band and performing in an original band called Radio, where he was the lead singer and guitarist.

In July of 2004, on a whim to pursue a lifelong dream, Brandon moved to California. He is currently performing acoustic gigs around the Los Angeles area with the intention of forming a rock band. Although he still holds a nine-to-five job as a staffing recruiter, Brandon finds time to live like a rock star.

Brandon's birth date is December 8, 1973.

he looks like an extra from "miami vice."

Yes he does

I think he thinks he's Steven Tyler.

Note to all wannabe rockstars: A leather jacket and long hair DOES NOT make you a rockstar!
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

He kinda makes me think of Vernon Kay's mean older brother.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

He's from the only other town in my county. Three years older, yes, but like me he was an athlete. His bio says he played basketball though I remember him being a runner (as was I). In any case, let me just say that where we are from is VERY TINY and that this is a big thing for the county.

To put it in perspective, there are fewer than 27,000 people in the whole COUNTY. There are only two small towns (Beaverton being one of them). Up until five years ago there were only two stop lights in the whole county.

I'm actually kinda interested to see how he does as he's a "hometown" boy.

Quote Originally Posted by narcisse
    He's from the only other town in my county. Three years older, yes, but like me he was an athlete. His bio says he played basketball though I remember him being a runner (as was I). In any case, let me just say that where we are from is VERY TINY and that this is a big thing for the county.

To put it in perspective, there are fewer than 27,000 people in the whole COUNTY. There are only two small towns (Beaverton being one of them). Up until five years ago there were only two stop lights in the whole county.

I'm actually kinda interested to see how he does as he's a "hometown" boy.
    Heh, narcisse... this is the first time I'm reading this particular forum, and I was going to mention the same thing. For someone from Beaverton, leather jackets and long hair are THE thing, if only because they don't know any better. And obviously this guy's father worked for Dow. Heh.

(I used to have a cottage on Wiggins Lake in Gladwin, narcisse. Since you say you're from the other of the two towns.... are you from Gladwin?)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Indeed--guilty as charged. I'm originally from Gladwin but now live and work in the Detroit area.

Wiggins Lake is lovely. My best friend had a house on Wiggins Lake Rd. and we'd often walk to the dam and public access It's a small world, most definitely.

With that said, I just was in Beaverton last night. I bought a car "up north" because the prices are much better (MUCH). In any case, it's hilarious because the one bar in Beaverton (it's the BT or Beaverton Tavern) is showing Rock Star on the big screen for every episode. Believe me when I say this is MASSIVE news especially considering Brandon was a golden boy when he still lived in the area. I wanted to take a pic of the banner outside of the BT but didn't have my digital camera on hand.

I honestly didn't watch the show last night, but I will tonight. I've got it TiVo'ed and ready for immediately viewing after wood. I was stuck in G-Town until 8pm last night and didn't get home until 10pm most unfortunately. As I drove through Beaverton though I will say the town was pretty hoppin' for a Monday night. The night was abuzz with excitement...

I thought he was really good.
    I foolishly judged a book by it's cover and decided I didn't like him before the show started, but I ended up being impressed.
    He's another contestant that just looked right to me in those surroundings.

Ya just gotta love a guy that performs bare foot. He & Ty are in my opinionthe best of the guys so far. He should be a lot of fun to watch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast