+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star INXS - Special One Hour Premiere, July 11.

Rock Star INXS - Special One Hour Premiere, July 11.

From the official site:
    Special one hour premiere
    Monday, July 11 at 9PM ET/PT

Celebrated rock guitarist Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke are the hosts of ROCK STAR: INXS, a new reality show executive produced by SURVIVOR's Mark Burnett. The show combines the world of rock music with relationship-style unscripted drama, performance competition and a weekly contestant elimination. The last singer standing will become the lead singer of the internationally renowned band INXS, will embark on a worldwide concert tour with the band and will be part of the group's new album.

The 15 performers will be housed together in a Hollywood Hills home. Each week will feature segments focusing on the performers' relationships and activities, along with a performance competition and weekly results.

In the week following the premiere, ROCK STAR: INXS will be seen regularly on Mondays at 9:30 PM ET/PT, Tuesdays at 10:00 PM ET/PT and Wednesdays at 9:30 PM ET/PT.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I love INXS! That said, I just don't know if i'm gonna be able to get behind this. I mean, Michael Hutchence was the face and voice of INXS.

Aside from that, why are all the contestants from North America? Shouldn't INXS have an Australian leadsinger?

Edited to add: Okay they aren't all from Noth America, you just hadn't added all the contestants yet. My bad.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 06-20-2005 at 08:37 PM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

blah another Mark Burnett Show? and they get to perform with INXS? thats AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    I love INXS! That said, I just don't know if i'm gonna be able to get behind this. I mean, Michael Hutchence was the face and voice of INXS.
    I'm glad you mentioned this, Chorita. I, personally, find it downright creepy that they're holding a competition to replace a dead man. *shudder*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I know that there have been bands that have successfully changed lead singers without really suffering. In most of those instances though the lead left the band to pursue a solo career, they didn't die. If the band wants to continue on with a new singer, why don't they take on a new name as well as.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    Agreed! I loved Inxs, and had quite a schoolgirl crush on Michael Hutchence (before he chopped off his locks)
    I would have really loved to see what direction they could have taken had he not passed on.

i'm really looking forward to this show. though i thought INXS was great in its original form with michael, i think enough time has passed since his death that it's fine to try to find a new lead.

I absolutely adored Inxs. I'd seen them many times and had my room covered with their posters (aaah, being a teen in the 80's...). I cried like a baby when I heard Michael had died.

Now I know it's been a number a years and enough time has passed that the rest of the band is ready to move on. Still, it just seems too icky to have a tv show based on replacing our dead friend. I know it creates more exposure for the 'new' Inxs and publicity wise it gets them back out there but still... I'm sure I will watch it, if nothing else to see the other guys. But then, from the articles I've read, I've not heard anything about the other guys. Obviosuly they have to be behind it (and according to their website the certainly are) and I would assume that they would be a part of the selection process since the new singer needs to work so closely and become part of their "family." I just find it interesting that I've not heard any mention of the rest of the band in all this promotional stuff.

They did this with TLC replacing Lisa Lopez. Does anything know how that turned out? I heard at the same time that both shows were in the works and TLC's seemed to be happening before Inxs' but never heard anything about since.

I am NOT trying to be sexist or closed minded, but I Just Can't see putting a woman as the lead for this. I know they needed equal opportunity and all that jazz but it will be hard enough for a man to replace Michael, much less a woman.

If I remember correctly back to my teenybopper days, I think INXS was founded by the Farris brothers. Of course Michael was probably an original member as well. It will be kinda weird to see him replaced, but INXS has performed since his death with Terence Trent D'Arby as singer. I think they are better off going with an unknown.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast