+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star INXS - Special One Hour Premiere, July 11.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I am NOT trying to be sexist or closed minded, but I Just Can't see putting a woman as the lead for this. I know they needed equal opportunity and all that jazz but it will be hard enough for a man to replace Michael, much less a woman.

I agree wholeheartedly. Even if (or when) they record new music, when they perform live, fans will be expected them to play old material, too. I just don't think a female could do those songs justice. Obviously no one would do it nearly as well as Michael but a woman would just change the songs way too much.

I just refuse to watch this. I'd rather watch television static. There could be only one lead singer of INXS, in my opinion.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    The Farris Brothers undeniably were and are the musical backbone of INXS, Michael was the face and voice. Another voice, and especially a female one, just wouldn't be right. I'd much rather see them use their status and position in the music business to form a new band. INXS without Michael isn't INXS, just like the Doors without Jim Morrison wasn't the Doors (no matter how hard they tried).

That being said, I'll watch the first episode, just see how much of a train wreck this is.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

My fear of this thing is that it is such a flop and embarrassment that it tarnishes Inxs' name and reputation in the industry. I so don't want them to become a punchline.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I just refuse to watch this. I'd rather watch television static. There could be only one lead singer of INXS, in my opinion.
    My first thought was, "Hey cool"...but I'm siding with your opinion that I can't see another person singing the songs he made popular.

Hutchence was one of the best front men of any band. The girls loved him and guys accepted him cause he had a great rock voice.

I put on Live Baby Live and still marvel at the guys pipes.

I respect the band, I'll have to give it a go but I don't really care about seeing winner crowned.

They'll turn out to be a freekin' boy band. Rock is dead.

FORT Newbie

chicks can rock....

maybe thats why they want a chick, for lack of comparison to michael. you never know.......

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I'm in the unfortunate position of agreeing with both opinions.

No one can replace the face and voice of Michael Hutchence. When you hear "INXS" you see him. I won't watch the show!

and

It's been 10 years, this would be great exposure for a talented band to get their music out to the masses. The singer they pick is obviously going to be good, because if the band has say in the original pool they're not going to let a hack go into the contest and possibly get picked, so this could be good. I only wish they'd change the name of the band. Or spell it out, that could be a good compromise! Maybe.

It's less than a week away and I can't decide whether I'm going to watch it or not!
    Could does not mean should

This show will probably be crap and I will probably watch it and end up getting into it, but it'll still suck.

To Whomever is writing for this show ---Have a blast. I was at the taping of the first performance show and although I can't say anything other than that I can't wait to see what you have to say.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast