+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I haven't really watched this but I wanted Matthew to win. He danced pretty well but I knew Jessica would take it. Her voice was great. I was too suprised at the finale. It was less than 30 minutes -_-.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Well, actually it was 45 minutes, plus 15 minutes of commercials, but appromately 22 1/2 minutes (a half hour of air time) was complete and utter filler.

Personally I liked the absense of BS during the live part, although debateably the whole "you can both sing" part WAS BS, since we all know damn well it was planned.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I loved Akil, I wish he'd made it farther than Matt. But I can't begrudge Jessica her win.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Congrats Jessica!

Good outcome. She's a talented lady, and I hope she does well out there.

I thought it was hilarious how everybody had a lollypop tonight. When I saw Deltrice's dad with a lollypop, I just had to laugh.

Of all the returning contestants, I was happiest to see Marcus and Eddie. Apparently I blinked and missed Akil.

The makeovers: Jessica looked very nice without compromising her casual style. Deltrice looked better before than after, and Matthew looked like something had been done to him... just not sure what.

Performances were good, but Jessica clearly stood out. Good job.

Now what? The TLC replacement show? Bring it.

Akil actually rapped--pretty eearly in the "Get On Da Bus" peformance.

Makeovers: In fact, Jessica's makeover was SO good, that's what reminded me of some of the rumors discussed here a while back. Frankly, she looked well... gorgeous... which is a bit much if you consider how ragged she frequently looked on the show (it's amazing what wearing very little makeup--something I think she may have purposefully done... can do to make you look more "street")

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Jessica has been glammed up in whats frankly an amazing combination of a new haircut, good makeup and faux-"street" clothes which look like they cost $5000.

The idea that she's a bit of a ringer have some credence seeing how well she cleans up.
    Funny part though. She has a long coat which hangs in the back like a cape.

Jessica: I'm not sure I liked the song. Her voice was great, but the song didn't feature it as well as Deltrice's did hers. But she looks much better than D, and she's got more personality.

Didn't we all know in the middle of the show that Jessica is the winner? All this "drama" of spotlight, fake tears in the limo... And all other contestants had to compete with practically professional singer.

So NOW she knows how to wear makeup and dress fashionably?

Well, my opinion didn't change. She and Missy played all viewers like violins.

Competition my ....

I wouldn't worry about Matthew. I can see someone snatching him up. He's a pretty polished performer. Though Deltrice is talented, I've always seen her as a bit of a background singer. She reminded me a bit of Aaliyah with her look, but she doesn't have Aaliyah's stage presence. She should go on though; I just think she needs a bit more experience.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

I taped the show, and watched the performances again. I liked Deltrice's song, but her performance wasn't spectacular. I liked Jessica's song and performance better; she was very passionate, but the one thing that I think she's still lacking is the ability to hit high notes. Regardless, I think she will have a realatively 'successful' career, if only because of who owns her label.
    I think cool is indescribable. It's a feeling, it's a flavor, it's an attitude, it's an honesty. That's cool.
    Vin Diesel

Put up, shut up, go hard or go home.
    Jesse Brinkley

xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1

Competition my ....
    let me say, when Akil got kicked off, i know there has to be something wrong with this show. how can anyone NOT see multi-talent in this guy?

Go figure, Jessica won :rolleyes!
    my opinion about her didn't change either. she was very fake to me throughout the show, with dramas, break-downs, and her "having a hard life, feeling sorry for me" crap that she kept on displaying in every single episodes...blah blah blah blah blah...it might have been the truth, but i get annoy hearing it all the time.

Didn't we all know in the middle of the show that Jessica is the winner? All this "drama" of spotlight, fake tears in the limo... And all other contestants had to compete with practically professional singer.
    she already had her chance as a star, and she blows it...and now she's competing with people who didn't even have a chance yet . she should have been disqualified.
    Last edited by Hugsnkis321; 03-03-2005 at 09:11 PM.
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

FORT Newbie

Competition my ....
    WORD.

Apparently there'll be a season 2. Who'll it be for this time? Briana?

Veronica Mars UPN Tues 9 ET/PT

Veronica Mars Needs Your Help

Do Yourselves a Favor:
    Go out and buy/rent Crash (2005)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234