+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Nilyne saying that Nic's behavior during the head to head competition didn't bother her was so stupid. Missy basically told her it wasn't acceptable and Nilyne just kept insisting it wasn't that bad.

I agree. Even Missy's dancers thought it was inappropriate. I know I was offended.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

I think it was the right outcome tonight.

I hate to say this, but it was hard not to notice:

When Akil, Matthew, and Eddie were asked to give Missy reasons why they should stay and the other spotlighted person should go, they had difficulty doing so. But, when Nyline and Deltrice were asked the same thing, the claws came right out. Perhaps it was because having to leave after making it so close to the winners circle would just be too painful. It's clearly dog eat dog time.

Regarding this challenge: Jessica and Matthew were consistant with what they'd been giving us up to this point. Deltrice was not really that powerful to me. Nyline on the other hand sounded better than ever, which made the elimination all the more confusing.

Mona said they have to be judged on more than talent at this point. I see what she means. In addition to talent, professionalism counts (no backstage screaming matches) consistancy counts (entertainers are not allowed "bad days" until their careers are well established), being cooperative counts (when the person who's your bread and butter says you should be offended by something, try to express understanding even if not total agreement).

I appreciated the way Jessica was trying to turn the video into something fitting for a 12 year old by removing some of the shaking, dancing and beach party elements. Unfortunately, 20 minutes isn't always enough time to get somebody to listen to you.

Ah well. Now they are three. One show to go!

I appreciated Jessica's comments about the appropriateness of the video as well. We have some young talents out here (JoJo comes to mind) and her videos are decent without all the bootyshaking. That's who Brianna reminded me of-- JoJo. Plus it's more refreshing to see a 12-year old acting twelve.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123