+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Has Missy ever produced a male performer? The show is rigged for Jessica. am I the only one who finds Mona annoying?

I missed it last night! Have to watch the rerun tomorrow. Akil gone? I can hardly believe that! He certainly deserved to outlast Nilyne at least. Shucks!

Matthew is getting by really well using his charm but I hope that runs out quick. Like next week quick. He's becoming so blah and predictable.

Has Missy ever produced a male performer? The show is rigged for Jessica. am I the only one who finds Mona annoying?
    Funny, now that I think about it, Deltriece fits the typical "Missy-protegee" mold better than any of the others:

- passable, sometimes very good singing voice
    - good dancer
    - looks
    - snappy attitude.

Nicole Wray, Lil' Mo, Gina Thompson. All of them made "hits" for Missy. I think Deltriece belongs in that group more than Jessica or Nilyne.

And no, you're not the only one who finds Mona annoying.
    Last edited by MotherSister; 02-17-2005 at 01:44 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    I simply cannot believe that they eliminated Akil...especially in favor of Justin Timberfake!

That's it--my intermittent watching of this show is so over!

And then there were four...

Matthew? I don't know. Perhaps if they found four more boys just like him and stuck them onstage together he might fare well for 6-8 months, but I'm not sure how he'd do on his own. Besides, isn't the whole "boy band" thing over with? I suppose as long as there are little girls, it will never be entirely.

At first glance, very first glance, Deltrice gave off kind of an Alliyah (sp) image to me. Now hold on, I'm not comparing talent or anything that might dishonor anyone's memory. It was just my first thought at first glance. Everyone knows how much Missy cared for Alliyah. If Missy is getting the same vibe, I don't know if that will work for or against Deltrice. I imagine if it was going to work against her, she'd have been gone long ago.

Nilyne I like, but sometimes she doesn't seem like the most cooperative type. If she believes she's right, she doesn't back down. I don't have issues with those personality traits... but a producer might.

Jessica. The most talented of the remaining four I think. She's soulful, not screechy. I like that, in fact, I would be more likely to buy her music than anyone else's there. If she wins for any reasons unrelated to her vocal ability, I wouldn't be too bitter, because at least the talent is present too.

I went to the UPN site to watch the videos from this episode that weren't included in the show, and there's one of the contestants scatting with Teena Marie. Based on that, I would say that Matthew and Nilyne are the best, because they have a wider range than all of the others. It should be between the two of them. Another thing I'm wondering about is that Jessica took the bait when Jermaine offered her to do something with him, while the others were loyal. So why is she still there? were there repercussions for that? I haven't been watching the show that long, so I don't know.
    Last edited by Fabyenn; 02-20-2005 at 09:05 AM.
    I think cool is indescribable. It's a feeling, it's a flavor, it's an attitude, it's an honesty. That's cool.
    Vin Diesel

Put up, shut up, go hard or go home.
    Jesse Brinkley

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabyenn
    Another thing I'm wondering about is that Jessica took the bait when Jermaine offered her to do something with him, while the others were loyal. So why is she still there? were there repercussions for that? I haven't been watching the show that long, so I don't know.
    I know! No, they did not show it, and there was no mention of it. I'm surprised they even let us see it in online additional footage. You KNOW if anyone but Jessica took the bait, it would've been the big issue it threatened to be. Why would they orchestrate that whole thing if it were going to be a nonissue? Oh, that's right, because the wrong person--the UNTOUCHABLE--was the one (and ONLY one) to fall for it.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabyenn
    I went to the UPN site to watch the videos from this episode that weren't included in the show, and there's one of the contestants scatting with Teena Marie. Based on that, I would say that Matthew and Nilyne are the best, because they have a wider range than all of the others.
    I forgot to check the site this week so I'm glad I read your post!

About the scatting, I agree about Nilyne, but Matthew is too weak. Even though his voice was shot from the concert (I mean, shoot....He should have known better, what with the Performance Challenge around the corner!), I think Deltrice was better. But you know what, is it just me or did Jessica get much less challenging notes thrown to her? Notes that were totally suited to her low range?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123