+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Ha! The kids are going to a honky tonk next week. The audience looks so bored.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

xai
    FORT Newbie
    Oh man, I can't believe Melissa got picked over Yelawolf. I mean, Missy expected Melissa to do bad and she did "good;" and she expected Yelawolf to do good, and he did.. so that means he should go home? Doesn't make sense to me.

I don't like either one of them that much though, so whatever lol.

FORT Newbie

I was so shocked today with the outcome. I think Melissa deserved to be in the bottom two. Yelawolf maybe wasn't as strong as he could have been. But Missy sent him home b/c she felt he was a good emcee and he did what she expected???? I'm from SC and Wolf is well known and well respected here. I know him personally and, although I don't think his skills have really been portrayed well on this show, he is one of the illest I've heard. He's different, he's real, and I have no doubt that he will go far. He took it like a man and I just want to say I am proud of him. It's not the end of the road, so ya'll look foward to hearing him in the future. Like he said, he'll always be doing this, its in his soul.

He's well known in South Carolina? But doesn't he live in Alabama?

I think she meant he didnt impress her. He didn't take the opportunity to shine it was like the judges said..he kinda took the step down and let the other guy take the lead. I think he is talented and hopefully, he will get his chance again. I think right now though..he would have rather been a dad instead of contestent in a show.

I'm really liking this show. It is grand that there is so much character-development going on throughout each episode. I really feel that I am getting to know each one of the contestants and am starting to care about them. Tonight's show was quite emotional as they bared their souls and took a lot of inner-strength on their part.

I agreed with the judge's choices for bottom two. Missy stated that the elimination was a tough one this week, and I agree with her decision to eliminate Yelawolf. He seems like a likable chap, but kind of one dimensional with his talent. Slamming on Missy's track did not ingratiate himself to her, either. He was questioning what he was doing there and wanted to be home with his family so his children had a dad around--unlike how he grew up. It sounds as though things will still work out well for him.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    He's well known in South Carolina? But doesn't he live in Alabama?
    he is from alabama. I have friends that do music here, and that's how I met him.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet
    I'm really liking this show. It is grand that there is so much character-development going on throughout each episode. I really feel that I am getting to know each one of the contestants and am starting to care about them. Tonight's show was quite emotional as they bared their souls and took a lot of inner-strength on their part.

I agreed with the judge's choices for bottom two. Missy stated that the elimination was a tough one this week, and I agree with her decision to eliminate Yelawolf. He seems like a likable chap, but kind of one dimensional with his talent. Slamming on Missy's track did not ingratiate himself to her, either. He was questioning what he was doing there and wanted to be home with his family so his children had a dad around--unlike how he grew up. It sounds as though things will still work out well for him.
    Agreed ShrinkingViolet on both counts. I enjoy getting to know the contestants more in-depth. It's hard to tell on American Idol about their offstage personalities at times, but this show really lets you see this kids' joy, sadness, and pain.

The comments definitely killed Yelawolf. As soon as he dissed the track in front of Missy he put a mark on his back. Melissa came on the bus committed, though weaker. It was just a matter of time with these two. There are still stronger people on the bus-- IMO, that's Jessica, Marcus, Akil, and Matthew.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    Agreed ShrinkingViolet on both counts. I enjoy getting to know the contestants more in-depth. It's hard to tell on American Idol about their offstage personalities at times, but this show really lets you see this kids' joy, sadness, and pain.

The comments definitely killed Yelawolf. As soon as he dissed the track in front of Missy he put a mark on his back. Melissa came on the bus committed, though weaker. It was just a matter of time with these two. There are still stronger people on the bus-- IMO, that's Jessica, Marcus, Akil, and Matthew.
    Hate to say this but I felt that it was very cheap and low for Missy to diss YF because he made negative comments about her album.

Ya know, it's like "I'm a boss, and don't ya dare say you do not approve what I do". Yeah, I know, it's her show and she IS a boss but still... She booted him off not because he was the worst but because of her ego.

Meah..

I'm not completely insane quanahg's Avatar
    i think she booted him off because he wasn't very charismatic. akil killed it when he was on stage. yela just stood there. i think he would be happier if his family was there was with him. so, he might need to take the long road to stardom instead of being on a show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12