+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missy Elliott

Missy Elliott

[IMG]images/img/caeMissyElliott.jpg[/IMG]

A Grammy Award-winning, multi-platinum artist/producer, Missy Elliott initially established herself as a genuine hit maker for other artists, including Aaliyah and 702, alongside her longtime collaborator, Timbaland. She then moved on to score a dazzling run for herself. Her chart-topping debut album "Supa Dupa Fly" (1997) and subsequent four albums have made Elliott the best-selling female hip-hop star of all time and one of the most influential writer/producer/artists in the music business.

To date, Elliott has received 17 MTV Award nominations and has won the prestigious MTV Video Of The Year, two Grammy awards, an American Music Award, three BET Awards and five Lady Of Soul/Soul Train Awards. Twice within the past five years, Rolling Stone has named her Best Female Hip-Hop Artist of the Year, and twice she has ranked as Billboard's number one year-end female hip-hop star. Her very first music video for "The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)" was crowned the 15th greatest video of all time by MTV.

Her more recent star-studded production credits include projects with Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake and Destiny's Child, among others. Elliott has also seen success as CEO of Goldmind Inc., which launched platinum R&B star Tweet.

SpongeRap SquarePops is surprisingly effective on this thing. Very aloof--which is actuall perfect for this kind of show. Square lollypops and all, you get the impression that she's carving time off her tour simply to wake up long enough to talk to these wannabees for even the 10 minutes per week she seems she had to. It works, though, so don't be a hatah!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Missy Elliott rocks.. at first when I heard about this show idea, I thought she was laming herself up, but it doesn't actually seem so.

FORT Fanatic
    I think Missy should have gotten involved more in the project by picking better talent. The talent pool in this show is so shallow that local bar singers can sing better than these people.

Pink Positive!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKY
    I think Missy should have gotten involved more in the project by picking better talent. The talent pool in this show is so shallow that local bar singers can sing better than these people.
    Missy... Tisk Tisk... I am a big fan of Missy, but I must say that I am very dissapointed in this show. Where is the talent? I mean by watching the second episode. There are atleast 2 or 3 slightly talented people, but nothing extrodinary. There is no diamond in the rough here. I think all of these contestants should go back home, get someone to train them, or train themselves a little bit more harder, and a lot more, then they probably will be able to shine. I have seen better talent than this through other hopefuls. Additionally I know a few people who have the talent in lyrics, producing, voice, and all that other stuff that comes with this, but none of them auditioned for the show. By the way, does anyone know who chose the final group of untalented people?? Was it Missy, was it the three judges, or was it another group of judges. Regardless who wins this, I dont think they will go far AT ALL... :phhht
    My two Cents!! :phhht
    I love Eva!!
    I LOVVEE Tyra!!

I actually like this show...performing without preparation is difficult so I think Missy is fully testing them. She gives them the option to practice or play around; the judges don't mince words; the kids know this is a contest and size up their competitors, which is refreshing to me. I love how she tests them. I kinda had low expectations for this show, but it turned out to be better than I expected.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Missy Elliott....She really rocks! this shows brings her more than the road to stardome...hahaha...hahaha...t he road is not yet over. it is just starting...

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Who are Missy's minions that encircle her during the chats with the spotlighted contestants? Are they are new singing group?

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    Who are Missy's minions that encircle her during the chats with the spotlighted contestants? Are they are new singing group?
    Her backup dancers.

FORT Newbie
    I hate missy elliott, she kknows nothing about hip hop or talent or anything, i think she might be out of her mind actually. She honestly really suprised me with the show and her lack of intelligence in the judging process. She sounded like she knew nothing about music at all. what an idiot!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast