+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yelawolf

FORT Newbie
    The name is from his Native American roots. I like his style. i hope he goes far.

FORT Newbie

To Frostelized!?!????

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    He's cute....

Rainbow City? Is there really a city there called that?
    Yes there is a beautiful town called Rainbow City! If you ever should get the chance to see us you'll never forget it!!!! Yelawolf is cute but mostly talented!! You will see!!!!!!!!!

FORT Newbie

to Ms Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Lady
    The name is from his Native American roots. I like his style. i hope he goes far.
    We appreciate your positive comment!!! Yes he has Native American roots as I have a daughter who happens to be Native American also.....hey they are brother and sister!!!!!!!!! They are mostly Cherokee Indian>>>>but most of all they are genuine people with alot of talent!! so thanx for your comments, Ms. Lady!!!!!!!!!!

FORT Fanatic
    Yelawolf has far to go to become a legitimate talent and his admission to not being able to freestyle seriously hurt his credibility.
    Last edited by hepcat; 01-12-2005 at 07:57 PM. Reason: removed response to deleted post

Personally, as an emcee, I think Yelawolf is decent, at best, from what we've seen so far. Maybe he just hasn't brought his best to the table. But, like his comment about the bus, this guy's got character.

FORT Newbie
    Yo whats up? I cant believe all the dissing on Yelawolf. If you do not know him how could you make fun of his name and where he is from and what he is all about? No one knows what road he has been down, but i do know that he isnt calling himself Yelawolf cause he thinks he is mixed as someone said... He is Cherokee. Just like me, his sis! He is very original and all of his beats come from his heart. What he sees, what he has saw and ben through in his life and hopes to become. So how about some positive feed back? At least give him a chance. Also to answer your question, that is not his real name... only his stage name. Does anyone famous use their real names? Not that many if so.

None of the contestants were forced to go in front of a camera. They all put themselves out there, and everything they do, say, and even how they look will be criticized. Being dissed and praised is all part of being in the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by motocrossfan5
    He is very original and all of his beats come from his heart.
    Beats? Or lyrics?

Those two make a large difference to an emcee, cuz anybody can make some hot beats, even if they can't rap, like Puffy, who's nice as a producer but gets booed off the stage whenever he tries to rap. On the other hand, people like Tupac and Obie Trice probably couldn't drop a dope beat if their life depended on it, but lyrically speaking, they're nice.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from emcees trying to go mainstream, but I guess I just have high expectations for every rapper out there.

FORT Fan
    OK, I'm ready to give this guy some love. Is he ready to take on Jay-Z right this second - no. But I do think he's got talent, and lots of charisma, and he's certainly one of the most interesting people on the show right now. Dallas seemed to respond to him as someone that he could work with. Not everyone can freestyle at the drop of a hat, but that doesn't preclude a successful hip hop career. I look forward to seeing more of him. Plus, I just like it when family members show up on this site, so Welcome to Blukid 45 and Motocrossfan5. Don't take the snark personally, we just like to have fun here.

Dallas may have liked his flow, but his comment that he wasn't feeling the track to all of the judges and Missy sealed his fate. He would've had the opportunity to release another track after the first single so I really wished he wouldn't have said anything.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast