+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jessica

FORT Fogey
    I'm watching the repeat of 2/9 ep. And I can NOT stand her fake tears in the limo!

"I thought I'd never have friends"... blah, blah....

Give me a break!

xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    I'm watching the repeat of 2/9 ep. And I can NOT stand her fake tears in the limo!

"I thought I'd never have friends"... blah, blah....

Give me a break!
    i was questioning her crying for like a second, whether it's for real or just acting to make the viewers feel sorry for her. she seems fake to me, thus, i just don't buy it. i just kept on rolling my eyes :rolleyes, and like, "give me a break" too. she's gonna display the "feel sorry for me" crap again next episode. i could just see it coming.
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

I've said from episode one that Jessica would be the winner. I just hope I'm right. She's reminds me a lot of Tracy Chapman when she sings. She has a soulful voice. Very beautiful and easy to listen to.

Awww! She might be playing it up a bit for the cameras and the rest of the contestants etc, but I'm sure Jessica has had some struggles in her life. If that is true about her having an album and chances for college, okay. But we don't know why she chose not to go down that road, do we? I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt on that one. But I still want Akil to win, now that Eddie's gone. I mean Jessica has a veeeery lovely voice, but I've heard it before, and she's not saying anything new or refreshing with it.

Sup people? I am new to this site and the forums but Jessica has had a record deal before and was featured on the Big mama's house soundtrack....does anyone else know about this? here is the website link with info and photos of her....dailydiva(dot)com/nas/jessica/ sorry this site wouldnt let me post the link the correct way because im new to the site

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrasul
    where is this video at? Even though she stilled struggled in the past you know
    I'm new to posting to this board but anywaaaaaaaaaaayzzz

I don't think she's fake at all. I could be wrong however, I feel like "fakin" the whole tomboy thing isn't something too many people would do or go through.

I actually think the stud/tomboy vibe is her REAL persona, it's not many out there who would take the public criticisim that somebody like Jessica would have to go through.

I think sometimes a lot of girls or even boys are forced to pressured to dress a certain way just to fit into society, and sometimes when you come of age you realize that, that's not really you at all, & just finally bust out of that shell.

I used to be like that too, forced to be very feminen when it's not what I wanted, but when I got a certain age & got that certain amount of confidence I decided to just be me.

I like Jessica, I think she has an awesome voice & I think her being a tomboy on national T.V is an inspiration to ALOT of young ladies in America.

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, the crying? Totally forced. I thought she was gonna rupture a vein in her forehead tryin' to squeeze those tears out. She was an early favorite of mine, but as my opinion of her lowered, she's looking more and more devil-ish.

Her voice IS smooth and soulful, and therefore soothing. But she's very limited in her range and technique. She sings the same notes over and over. It's kinda like how Norah Jones sings. Different voices, but both lovely and soothing, but also limited and therefore boring.

Hi, just joined.

This is the only site I could find that has recaps of every episode. Thank you very much to the posters who take the time to watch and type it all up. I've missed out on 2/3rds of the show so far; I watched the boxing ring episode and I was hooked. Concerning Jessica, I would say she has a pretty good chance of winning; at least that's what I thought before I watched her video. She looks flawless and impeccable, and it's extremely hard, if not impossible, to believe that she would go from that to her current no-makeup-wearing baggy-clothes-wearin' tomboy appearance overnight. The things she said would have never suggested that she'd had any type of exposure to the music industry, and she has. That is quite misleading to me, and I'm very disappointed. If she ends up winning, I'll feel cheated. Plus, on the vocal side of things, she has a tendency to overdo the 'Yeah' every couple of seconds, and it's even more apparent in that video. She may have changed her style, but her singing's the same. I wonder if the judges know, and if they'd learn, if it would be disqualifying. Should be, because she has an advantage over everybody else, pretty much; I think the playing field should be evened out. Too many thoughts, I'll stop rambling, lol.

Fabyenn! Hope you enjoy it here, and thanks for reading the recaps. I agree with your assessment of Jessica . . . she's talented, for sure, but I find her hard to believe after finding out about the previous album and look she had.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabyenn
    This is the only site I could find that has recaps of every episode. Thank you very much to the posters who take the time to watch and type it all up. I've missed out on 2/3rds of the show so far; I watched the boxing ring episode and I was hooked. Concerning Jessica, I would say she has a pretty good chance of winning; at least that's what I thought before I watched her video. She looks flawless and impeccable, and it's extremely hard, if not impossible, to believe that she would go from that to her current no-makeup-wearing baggy-clothes-wearin' tomboy appearance overnight. The things she said would have never suggested that she'd had any type of exposure to the music industry, and she has. That is quite misleading to me, and I'm very disappointed. If she ends up winning, I'll feel cheated. Plus, on the vocal side of things, she has a tendency to overdo the 'Yeah' every couple of seconds, and it's even more apparent in that video. She may have changed her style, but her singing's the same. I wonder if the judges know, and if they'd learn, if it would be disqualifying. Should be, because she has an advantage over everybody else, pretty much; I think the playing field should be evened out. Too many thoughts, I'll stop rambling, lol.
    Amen to that.

+ Reply to Thread