+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Road to Stardom, with Missy Elliot (UPN)

The Road to Stardom, with Missy Elliot (UPN)

THIRTEEN ASPIRING PERFORMERS BOARD A TOUR BUS AND KICK OFF THEIR CROSS-COUNTRY COMPETITION FOR A RECORD CONTRACT,
    A RELEASED SINGLE AND $100,000, ON THE PREMIERE OF
    "THE ROAD TO STARDOM WITH MISSY ELLIOTT,"
    WEDNESDAY, JAN. 5 AT 8:00PM ON UPN

Rap Superstar Busta Rhymes Guest Stars

"We're Gonna Make Some Celine Dion Money" -- After being selected from thousands of hopefuls by Grammy Award-winning artist Missy Elliott, the 13 aspiring performers kick off the cross-country competition for a record contract, a released single and $100,000 in New York by sizing each other up at an exclusive VIP party with special guest rap superstar Busta Rhymes, on the premiere of THE ROAD TO STARDOM WITH MISSY ELLIOTT, Wednesday, Jan. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on UPN.

As romantic sparks fly between two of the vocalists, the participants board their new home, a surprisingly austere tour bus, and immediately face their first challenge -- to perform an original song for the judges -- to determine who gets eliminated.

PARTICIPANTS:
    Akil, teacher, age 23 of Jersey City, N.J.

Cori, recent college graduate, age 21 of Orlando, Fla.

Deltrice, clothing designer, age 23 of San Francisco

Eddie, construction worker, age 25 of New Orleans

Frank B, construction worker, Age 21 of Brooklyn, N.Y.

Heather, student, age 22 of Boston

Jessica, writer, age 23 of Chicago

Marcus, security guard, age 24 of Houston

Matthew, theme park entertainer, age 25 of Orlando, Fla.

Melissa, student, age 19 of Plymouth, Minn.

Nic, disc jockey, age 29 of Aliso Viejo, Calif.

Nilyne, make-up artist/student, age 23 of Plainfield, N.J.

Yelawolf, contract artist (mural painting), age 24 of Rainbow City, Ala.

Selected from thousands who auditioned across America, UPN's new dramality series features a diverse group of singers and rappers, ranging in age from 19-29, as they transform into multi-talented entertainers, while facing weekly tests that determine who can make the cut. While dealing with the ups-and-downs of life on the road, this select group will be challenged in a variety of ways and, with Missy's guidance, be exposed to top music industry insiders, all under the 24-hour-a-day surveillance of THE ROAD TO STARDOM WITH MISSY ELLIOTT cameras, which chronicle every move.

Missy leads the panel of music industry judges, including Grammy Award-nominated R&B singer/songwriter/producer/performer Teena Marie; Grammy Award-winning producer Dallas Austin, who has created hits with some of music's top artists, including Madonna, TLC, Pink and most recently, Gwen Stefani; and president of Violator Management Mona Scott, who represents Busta Rhymes, 50 Cent, and Tweet, among others. This panel will eliminate one performer each episode until only one is left standing to claim the $100,000 prize. Then, Missy will help launch the winner's career by signing them to her record label and releasing their first single.

Arnold Shapiro ("Big Brother"), Allison Grodner ("Big Brother"), Mona Scott, Jay Blumenfield and Anthony Marsh are executive producers. Missy Elliott is co-executive producer. Mona Scott and Jessica Horowitz are creators. THE ROAD TO STARDOM WITH MISSY ELLIOTT is a production of Shapiro/Grodner Productions in association with Monami, Inc.

RATING: To Be Announced

So! Anyone planning on checking this out tonight? Come on . . . it might just be your one chance to do a hip-hop dance.

Who wants to watch models parade around in swimsuits when hip hop dancing is available?

Exactly! There will probably be models in swimsuits in the music videos, anyway.

We can only hope!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Pink Positive!!
    I am not really feeling this show. I expected more out of Missy, but then again its only the first episode. I will keep watching this show, flipping back and forth between this show and the Sports Illustrated Model Search Show (whatever its called).
    Last edited by hott4diva; 01-06-2005 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hott4diva
    I am not really feeling this show. I expected more out of Missy, but then again its only the first episode. I will keep watching this show, flipping back and forth between this show and the Sports Illustrated Model Search Show (whatever its called).

Yeah, Missy needs her ass whooped for picking this crop of no talents. I think Jessica is the exception. But I can't imagine her becoming a star due to her style and rough edge. Christian-Justin Timberlake (Matthew) is okay but boring. And Marcus the fat swooner is alright. Other than those 3, noone else should have made it past their high school talent shows.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 01-06-2005 at 05:51 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    I agree with everything said in this thread. Where is the talent? I can not believe that this is the best 13 singers in America for hip hop/R and B. I have heard so many more local acts that can sing circles around these people. What was Missy thinking? I also agree that the only ones with a lick of talent is Jessica, Marcus, and Matthew. The rest have no talent and should have never made it to the finals.

Missy loves lolly pops, everytime i see her, shes sucking on one

+ Reply to Thread